Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 01:18 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times

Advertisements

Compared to the European Union and the U.S., Portugal's drug use numbers are impressive. Following decriminalization, Portugal had the lowest rate of lifetime marijuana use in people over 15 in the E.U.: 10%. The most comparable figure in America is in people over 12: 39.8%.
Read more: Decriminalizing Drugs in Portugal a Success, Says Report - TIME

Old 05-09-2013, 01:26 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
There's a big difference between lifetime use and ever smoking weed. Most everybody has smoked it at some point, many prefer to eat it. The gov't will patent it, add a bunch of chemicals, and prescribe it for a big fat profit - that day will come.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:27 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times
Drugs are huge in America, legal and illegal alike. Our whole War on Drugs is the most two-faced thing we've ever done. Politically motivated from the start. And a total failure.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:31 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
There's a big difference between lifetime use and ever smoking weed. Most everybody has smoked it at some point, many prefer to eat it. The gov't will patent it, add a bunch of chemicals, and prescribe it for a big fat profit - that day will come.

Speaking of eating it ........... ADULT LANGUAGE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vliCCSA8d2g

Last edited by 70Ford; 05-09-2013 at 01:42 AM..

Old 05-09-2013, 01:32 AM

Never smoked it. Never dropped acid. Never abused prescription drugs. Not sure what fellow citizens find in all this except somehow a need to conform.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:36 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Any statistics out there about people who mix prescription and non prescription drugs?

How come no warnings on the prescription drugs about mixing with non-prescription drugs?

Other than alcohol.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Any statistics out there about people who mix prescription and non prescription drugs?

How come no warnings on the prescription drugs about mixing with non-prescription drugs?

Other than alcohol.
You must not read the flyers. It's all there. Even warnings about herbs. That's what the urge to gulp drugs does. Interferes with self-education. Get this drug IN me!

Old 05-09-2013, 01:39 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
I can't believe almost 40 percent of Americans have smoked weed.
Why is that so hard to believe? 55% of Canadians have smoked weed.
Evidently, Americans are slackers.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:45 AM

100 percent of the Jamaicans? Someone made a joke about Columbus arriving in Jamaica and talking about weed in a Jamaican accent. Trouble is, I don't think the world had ganja till the British found it in India (ganja is an Indian word, Hindi perhaps) Oops, my mistake. Sanskrit. The holy language of Indian literature. Boy that stuff has a long history!!

Old 05-09-2013, 03:44 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Never smoked it. Never dropped acid. Never abused prescription drugs. Not sure what fellow citizens find in all this except somehow a need to conform.
I couldn't agree more ! It seems the ultimate in conformity for many people. Mind you I also think that about tatoos, piercings, and following trends of any kind really. Having noserings and wearing pants which fall half way down your legs is never going to make someone interesting simply because it is perceived as "different".

I also think a lot of people too often think that being "different" is the same as being interesting.... Which of course is completely untrue especially when "different" means conforming to what is considered "daring" or "shocking". Yet another uniform. If that makes me square then so be it.

Personally I don't need artificial boosters to enjoy life and I find it sad so many people do. I suppose it is an indictment on society that we are bored and so lacking in originality that we need chemical help to find life even remotely attractive. It's a bit like people who drink to excess. If you need booze to enjoy life then life is never going to be good enough for you IMO.

I have been offered most drugs on the market at one time or another and it has never appealed. I like to be in control of my life. Even as a teen /student the peer pressure never worked on me. I could not care less about my "image" and if people choose to see me as somehow deficient because I refuse to have anything to do with drugs then who cares ?

I find those statistics odd though, 40% of the people I know certainly do not admit to smoking weed. And as there is little stigma attached to it and it is in fact considered "cool" to do so I assume either they are not doing it or for some reason are ashamed of it.

Also having seen what drugs do to people in third world and developing countries ( socially, economically and politically) because we the Western consumers are too darn boring to do without I think the concept of taking drugs is just incomprehensible to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies