Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 04:30 PM

791 posts, read 2,223,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Oh really? Gee whiz, I thought every celebrity apology was out of genuine contriteness and sincerity, and not just a ploy pushed by their agents to sucker the gullible American public into giving them another chance because they love to see those public confessions.
Then you think Don Imus's apology was 'out of genuine contriteness and sincerity'? Or just to get back on the air?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 04:31 PM

791 posts, read 2,223,207 times
Quote:
Who is talking about "Dog"? Not me. I don't consider him a celebrity in the first place, he is more like Marie Osmond and Eric Estrada on the B list. Probably be seen "Dancing with the Stars" next season. I think it is great our society allows trailer trash to play cops on TV though. Anything is possible in America.
Well, maybe 'Dancing with the dogs'...

Not a lot of difference tho'

Old 11-01-2007, 04:40 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys View Post
Where did the 'had to' part come from? Did like the PC police come after them or something?
That's where the ole double standard comes in...Dixie Chicks get to say what they want, fine, they are idiots, but hey are free to say what they want.

Their listeners vote with their wallets and now they are second class acts with cancelled tour dates, no more radio play, and now the Dixie Chicks cry foul saying NO YOU CAN"T DO THAT THIS IS UNFAIR.

For them the freedom of speach works only one way I guess. Celebrities - idiots. You can say what you want but take the responsibility like an adult.

And just to balance this out - Brittany Spears saying "I support the president because he's, like, our president and we should". Throw her in with the Dixie Chicks - idiots, just on the other side of the political fence.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:46 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
Quote:
You are right. It is a travesty the dixie chicks had to apologize to President Bush for telling the truth. Op makes a nice point.
#1 The Dixie Chicks did not HAVE to apologize to anyone.
#2 They stated their opinion and we all know opinions are not facts.

I was never a fan of them anyway so I really don't give a rat's behind what happened to them

Yet another celebrity thinking they speak for everybody.

Last edited by Granny Sue; 11-01-2007 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-01-2007, 06:56 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys View Post
Then you think Don Imus's apology was 'out of genuine contriteness and sincerity'? Or just to get back on the air?
Just to get back on the air. No question.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:58 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,771,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I will admit that i am racist towards some groups.
And I will also say that I am proud to be White, without having to apologize for it.
Now you're not being PC....Speak the truth and you shall be free....

Old 11-02-2007, 04:21 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Actually I'm more concerned when people tell Bill Cosby to keep his mouth shut because he spoke the truth.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:18 AM

502 posts, read 1,066,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
The way I see it, There are 2 types of people in this country: Those who are racists, and those who refuse to admit it.
I think you're just racist and lonely.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:32 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
It seems like hardly a day passes when someone in the public eye says something that is not politically correct. Then they are forced to say they are sorry and everyone gets all worked up and angry. Just once I wish someone would be able to get away with saying something that is not PC but they truly believe and everyone knows it is true.

Has the PC thing gone to far?
I'm tired of celebrities thinking anyone cares about their political opinions.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:44 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
It seems like hardly a day passes when someone in the public eye says something that is not politically correct. Then they are forced to say they are sorry and everyone gets all worked up and angry. Just once I wish someone would be able to get away with saying something that is not PC but they truly believe and everyone knows it is true.

Has the PC thing gone to far?
Frankly, I'm even more tired of the celebrities shooting off their mouths in places where they don't have the full story, or could care less about the full story, or in political arenas where they have no active business in the first place, and then attempting to apologize just to get on front page news, or in the celebrity rags. If a celebrity wants to play the political game, just do it, to hell with careers. And I'll never understand this PC crap. Call a spade a spade, be through with it, but have your ducks all lines up, first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies