Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 10:03 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Maybe so, but suppose x>y and you misread such that you think y>x. If somebody points out the error, would you respond "that's not the way the machine reads it?" That part makes no sense. It's tough to figure what the cop even meant by that.
then you get down to the basics of Ego and a Police officer power trip. . .

rationality would say you break down. . .but if your pissed off, i'm just not surprised what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,854 times
Screw the police.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:21 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
then you get down to the basics of Ego and a Police officer power trip. . .

rationality would say you break down. . .but if your pissed off, i'm just not surprised what happened.
IDK. Take a direct analogy. What if a cop pulls you over for doing 55 in a 60. You tell the cop, 'but 55 is less than 60.' The cop responds, "that's not the way the machine [i.e. radar] reads it."

You're telling me you would write that off to ego, power trip, etc? I think it would be utter brain failure and time to get that cop a job as a Wal Mart greeter.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:30 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,334 times
Quote:
IDK. Take a direct analogy. What if a cop pulls you over for doing 55 in a 60. You tell the cop, 'but 55 is less than 60.' The cop responds, "that's not the way the machine [i.e. radar] reads it."

You're telling me you would write that off to ego, power trip, etc? I think it would be utter brain failure and time to get that cop a job as a Wal Mart greeter.
The officer is clearly wrong here. . .

I'm not excusing the actions. . I'm just arguing he isn't necessarily a grand idiotic buffoon. Just a ego tripped power *******

seriously - he didn't act rationale and calmly. Not exactly the kind of behavior I like to see in cops, who are more likely to be put in these situations

As far as your analogy. . . doesn't cut muster. 55 and 60 are very different than .03 vs .028.

Idiot - maybe not

Ass#@ - probably

Old 05-16-2013, 12:57 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times
Quote:
The officer is clearly wrong here. . .

I'm not excusing the actions. . I'm just arguing he isn't necessarily a grand idiotic buffoon. Just a ego tripped power *******

seriously - he didn't act rationale and calmly. Not exactly the kind of behavior I like to see in cops, who are more likely to be put in these situations

As far as your analogy. . . doesn't cut muster. 55 and 60 are very different than .03 vs .028.

Idiot - maybe not

Ass#@ - probably
ok, maybe. But it was .08 vs. .018, not .03 vs. .028. Either way, a cop carrying a gun and making $70K should be able to tell which number is greater. But maybe this is what happens when we trade baseball for soccer, and kids no longer grow up calculating batting averages and earned run averages.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:08 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,528 times
Quote:
Way to overreact. The seat-belt is insignificant. The action that caused a chase was failure to pull over. . .

anytime you run from the cops a) they will probably chase you b) you increase your risk of death

I seriously doubt they "ran him down" but probably the guy ran in front of the cruiser as it was coming around and got hit.

The Breathalyzer incident is funny. . .but its hard to say in the heat of the moment how bad the guy is at arithmetic. I mean when your pissed off. . .and in public like that. I could see myself misreading something and I got an A MBA quant class.
Overreact ? No offense, but, I seriously doubt that you achieved an "A" in your quant class if you can't even recognize immoral / hypocritical behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Running from the police is suspicious behavior, plain and simple. The police quite reasonably figured the guy had outstanding warrants and decided to check his ID.
Right ! And, mostly definitely deserves a death sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
Well, as much as I think the law of wearing a seatbelt is lame, its ones choice, but he did not wear it. This may not have happened if he had worn it.

He failed to pull over for law enforcement and tried to elude. This would not have happened if he had just stopped.

He then got out of his car and ran from the cops. According to the story, he actually ran in front of the moving cruiser trying to get away. Again, this would not have happened if he had just stopped.

The moral of the story, don't run from the cops. Yes, many cops can be stupid, we do have to many of them, etc, but, it's what it is.

It was an accident that would have never happened if he just stopped.

It's silly to make stupid titles that make it out like you will be killed by cops for not wearing your seat belt. This is childish immature thinking.
Ignorance and "childish immature thinking" is when you defend a murderer because he wears a badge, WAKE UP ! You do know that statism is a mental disorder ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
You know nothing more than what's repeated on a political blog and which repeats and interprets what it copied from someone else. If you're going to rant against all law enforcement, you might want to find something to help you do that which doesn't embarass you when you do it.
And you do ? Please, please, FREE YOUR MIND !

I'm not embarrassed...I don't give a **** what you think, that's the beauty of it. Now, now, stop being all emotional and go get a ****ing clue. Sheesh ! What is this attack of the statists !

Quote:
I still can't get over the math fail story. It's actually worse than I said. Not only couldn't the cop multiply by 2, he was unable to compare two numbers, .08 and .018, and tell which one was greater.

In fact he appears to have no grasp of 'greater than' or 'less than' when it comes to numbers. When the student points out that .08 is greater, the cop's response is "that's not the way the machine reads it," which makes zero sense. If x>y, there's nothing any machine reading can do to change the fact.

How low does IQ have to go in order not to grasp 'greater than' and 'less than?'

It's too bad there is no way to verify this story. The video (actually audio) seems real, but it's almost unbelievable. If we had a press that was doing their job, they would be tracking down this student and cop. And if we had a gov't that was doing it's job, the cop would be out of a job.
Ha ha ! I know, unbelievable ! The guy is carrying a loaded weapon, yet he can't do simple equations. I can hardly wrap my brain around that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Screw the police.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:11 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
I still can't get over the math fail story. It's actually worse than I said. Not only couldn't the cop multiply by 2, he was unable to compare two numbers, .08 and .018, and tell which one was greater.

In fact he appears to have no grasp of 'greater than' or 'less than' when it comes to numbers. When the student points out that .08 is greater, the cop's response is "that's not the way the machine reads it," which makes zero sense. If x>y, there's nothing any machine reading can do to change the fact.

How low does IQ have to go in order not to grasp 'greater than' and 'less than?'

It's too bad there is no way to verify this story. The video (actually audio) seems real, but it's almost unbelievable. If we had a press that was doing their job, they would be tracking down this student and cop. And if we had a gov't that was doing it's job, the cop would be out of a job.
I agree with your sentiment, but do you really think that most people in the press could do any better at the math involved? Let's face it, journalism doesn't exactly draw the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:16 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Let's face it, journalism doesn't exactly draw the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Perez Hilton might hear you!

Old 05-18-2013, 07:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
If you have a gun pointed at me, do I have a right to kill you dead, no matter who, or what you are?

Something for all to ponder.......

Old 06-04-2013, 01:24 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,528 times
Default A little justice, perhaps.

For all you coptard worshipers...guess what...you're next !

Cop Fired After Dash Cam Video Shows him Running Over Man for Not Wearing Seat Belt | PINAC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies