Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 08:47 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Just keep in mind that when you are poking at Israel GOD has declared that region as HIS and the apple of his eye. There is a piece of land where God has placed finger and declared it as His.

Everything you see over there is a physical manifestation of the spiritual war that is raging behind the scenes. The wars will not subside until JESUS returns to put an end to the rebellion. According to the Word, sinful Man will be at the verge of destroying ourselves prior to the Israelites recognizing Jesus as their Messiah calling upon His name to return. When that happens, all enemies will be put under His feet and there will be peace universally.
Honestly, I am not sure that the Flying Spaghetti Monster ever placed much value on Israel and Palestine.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Not realistic!
I don't know about that. After all, isn't U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry trying to do something like this right now with his attempts at a framework peace agreement?

Old 01-29-2014, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Canada has given a lot of land back to the First Nations, mostly in Northern Canada. Although it is an ongoing issue with negotiations.
Can these areas secede from Canada if they want to, though?

Old 01-29-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
How about everyone stop in the UN, in the US, in the EU and in every other country stay COMPLETELY out of there? Stop all UN programs, monetary aid, free weapons and fake humanitarian aid. Let them make the choice to either talk or fight. Enough is enough with this tit for tat garbage.
If you want to go down that route, go ahead. Honestly, I am not sure if such a route would be the best one for Israel, but if you want to support it, then fine.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:03 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
If you want to go down that route, go ahead. Honestly, I am not sure if such a route would be the best one for Israel, but if you want to support it, then fine.
You seem to not understand that Abbas wants the right of return into Israel proper for Arabs and all Jews completely out of Palestine. This part will not happen. No matter what Kerry comes up with, neither Hamas or Fatah will accept it. They are too busy filling their pockets with money in the 10's of Millions every year. Arab countries are cutting them off as they watch their funds never make to the people who actually need it or the actual infrastructure that needs to be maintained. We're not going to see a repeat of '67 or '73. Egypt wants nothing to do with Hamas, Egypt will no longer allow Gaza to get free fuel through their depots from Qatar nor allow them to pay the subsidized price of Egyptians & Jordan wants nothing to do with Fatah. Syria has its own war to deal with and we're coming closer to the day that the Syrian rebel forces enter Lebanon and take on Hezbollah.

As to the settlements, who do think is filling them? Its not secular sabra Israeli's. Its the Charedi from other countries who have kept their foreign passports current. So no matter what happens it's US and EU citizens who's lives are on the line. And if the dreck hits the fan, guess who's coming to get their citizens (as they've done in multiple other countries) no matter what BS rhetoric their politicians spit out to appease the rich oil Arabs.

If the Palestinian people don't stand up their leaders soon, then many "real" people will die. As proven with Gaza I don't think giving the '67 borders to Fatah will resolve anything. They will just come up with something else they want after that is done. So either we continue going through the motions for another decade or they actually do something about it. If its war, then its going to be pretty short. Will 1000's die on both sides? most likely. But it will finally bring this to an end. And there is no doubt in my mind that either the Palestinian leaders will be dead or escape to other countries with the Billions they've siphoned off in the same manner Arafat did (and you do know that his wife gets over $20 Million per year for life in exchange for the foreign account numbers).

Old 01-30-2014, 06:00 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,416,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I don't know about that. After all, isn't U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry trying to do something like this right now with his attempts at a framework peace agreement?
He isn't the first one to attempt to do so and probably won't be the last one to fail.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:15 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times

Hijacking the Holy Land - YouTube

Old 01-30-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
1. You seem to not understand that Abbas wants the right of return into Israel proper for Arabs and all Jews completely out of Palestine. This part will not happen.

2. No matter what Kerry comes up with, neither Hamas or Fatah will accept it. They are too busy filling their pockets with money in the 10's of Millions every year.

3. Arab countries are cutting them off as they watch their funds never make to the people who actually need it or the actual infrastructure that needs to be maintained.

4. We're not going to see a repeat of '67 or '73. Egypt wants nothing to do with Hamas, Egypt will no longer allow Gaza to get free fuel through their depots from Qatar nor allow them to pay the subsidized price of Egyptians & Jordan wants nothing to do with Fatah. Syria has its own war to deal with and we're coming closer to the day that the Syrian rebel forces enter Lebanon and take on Hezbollah.

5. As to the settlements, who do think is filling them? Its not secular sabra Israeli's. Its the Charedi from other countries who have kept their foreign passports current. So no matter what happens it's US and EU citizens who's lives are on the line. And if the dreck hits the fan, guess who's coming to get their citizens (as they've done in multiple other countries) no matter what BS rhetoric their politicians spit out to appease the rich oil Arabs.

6. If the Palestinian people don't stand up their leaders soon, then many "real" people will die. As proven with Gaza I don't think giving the '67 borders to Fatah will resolve anything. They will just come up with something else they want after that is done. So either we continue going through the motions for another decade or they actually do something about it. If its war, then its going to be pretty short. Will 1000's die on both sides? most likely. But it will finally bring this to an end. And there is no doubt in my mind that either the Palestinian leaders will be dead or escape to other countries with the Billions they've siphoned off in the same manner Arafat did (and you do know that his wife gets over $20 Million per year for life in exchange for the foreign account numbers).
1. In regards to Abbas, didn't he also previously say something about opposing a right of return to Israel proper? I suppose that this is something which I might need to do some more research on.

2. Obviously there are many individuals in Hamas and in Fatah who are corrupt, but I am not sure if all prominent individuals in Fatah would be unable to sufficiently compromise in order to get a peace treaty created, signed, and implemented.

3. Do you have a source for this?

I just did some Googling and I have found this: Qatar grants $150 million to Palestinian Authority | GulfNews.com

4. Another large-scale Arab-Israeli War is not what I am worried about. Rather, I am worried about large aid cuts to Israel and even larger international isolation. Of course, even if this was not the case, I simply have pro-peace views (obviously not to an absurd degree, but I do think that cautiously pushing for peace in Israel and Palestine isn't a bad thing to do if it is done correctly).

5. Obviously there are some Haredis in the Israeli settlements, though I was under the impression that some Israeli settlements, such as Ma'ale Adummim and Ariel, have a large secular population, perhaps even a secular majority.

6. What about only withdrawing from the West Bank in exchange for a final peace treaty which completely and unconditionally resolves this conflict?

Yes, I know that Arafat might have very well stolen large amounts of money when he was in power. I would not be surprised if his wife gets a lot of this money right now.

In regards to such a war, such a war would only be beneficial to Israel if it produces positive/favorable results for Israel which would not be achieved otherwise.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
He isn't the first one to attempt to do so and probably won't be the last one to fail.
Yes, I know that there have been attempts to do this before. Honestly, I still think that Olmert and Abbas might have successfully worked out a final peace treaty if it wasn't for Olmert being forced to resign due to his corruption allegations.

Anyway, I certainly know that there is a very real possibility of Kerry failing in regards to this. However, I would not rule out him succeeding. The last two serious attempts at Israeli-Palestinian peacemaking were done very quickly (AFAIK, the 2000-2001 negotiations lasted for less than a year, while the 2007-2008 negotiations lasted for a little more than a year). This time, it appears that Kerry will have three years to try becoming successful. In addition, Kerry does seem to be an individual who is pretty talented and knowledgeable, so perhaps this might help him out here.

As a side note, while I certainly disagree with some of what Norman Finkelstein says, I do find it interesting to hear him out sometimes. Mr. Finkelstein appears to predict that Kerry will be successful in achieving peace between Israel and Palestine in or around 2016:

Kerry’s “Framework Agreement” – The End of Palestine? | Global Research

Old 01-30-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. I will watch this later on.

For the record, though, I obviously don't have a favorable opinion of Yasser Arafat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.