Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 05:18 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Last Night we were at the White House on the anniversary of Nakba Day (The Palestinian Day of Catastrophe)
The very brutal occupation of Palestine must end.
The truly idiotic thing is that the Palestinians should have the moral high ground on the issue, but they keep giving it up by supporting terrorist organizations. Every terrorist attack Palestinians launch on Israel inflicts massive damage to their own cause. Israel can simply say, "These people can't be trusted with independence." Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, Al Qeda and other groups seem all too eager to step up and prove that the Israelis are 100% correct in their assessment. Then in the meantime, Israel continues with their settlement program, eating up more and more land once held by the Palestinians.

It really is a tragedy and it is the majority of Palestinians who are essentially being held hostage by terrorist organizations who demand far more than Israel is willing to give them. They have been held hostage by the entire Arab world who has encouraged them to stay put and suffer rather than leave and build a good life for themselves in some other country. The Muslims of the world want them to stay put and suffer because they value that tenuous foothold on their religious holy ground more than they value the lives and well being of the Palestinian Muslim people.

The Palestinians are being victimized by absolutely everybody else involved -- not just Israel.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:21 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,797,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The truly idiotic thing is that the Palestinians should have the moral high ground on the issue, but they keep giving it up by supporting terrorist organizations. Every terrorist attack Palestinians launch on Israel inflicts massive damage to their own cause. Israel can simply say, "These people can't be trusted with independence." Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, Al Qeda and other groups seem all too eager to step up and prove that the Israelis are 100% correct in their assessment. Then in the meantime, Israel continues with their settlement program, eating up more and more land once held by the Palestinians.

It really is a tragedy and it is the majority of Palestinians who are essentially being held hostage by terrorist organizations who demand far more than Israel is willing to give them. They have been held hostage by the entire Arab world who has encouraged them to stay put and suffer rather than leave and build a good life for themselves in some other country. The Muslims of the world want them to stay put and suffer because they value that tenuous foothold on their religious holy ground more than they value the lives and well being of the Palestinian Muslim people.

The Palestinians are being victimized by absolutely everybody else involved -- not just Israel.
I probably agree with all of your points here.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:20 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
WAH WAH WAH!

Land has been "acquired" by force for thousands of years. Let's go down the list and start demanding every country in the world give back the land they currently own!!!!!!!!!!! And all the goody-goody nuts can sign over all their property, including land/houses, to the original owners of the land they currently occupy.

FAILFAILFAILFAILFAILFAIL!

Old 01-30-2014, 07:59 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,553,400 times

Old 01-31-2014, 06:17 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
1. In regards to Abbas, didn't he also previously say something about opposing a right of return to Israel proper? I suppose that this is something which I might need to do some more research on.

2. Obviously there are many individuals in Hamas and in Fatah who are corrupt, but I am not sure if all prominent individuals in Fatah would be unable to sufficiently compromise in order to get a peace treaty created, signed, and implemented.

3. Do you have a source for this?

I just did some Googling and I have found this: Qatar grants $150 million to Palestinian Authority | GulfNews.com

4. Another large-scale Arab-Israeli War is not what I am worried about. Rather, I am worried about large aid cuts to Israel and even larger international isolation. Of course, even if this was not the case, I simply have pro-peace views (obviously not to an absurd degree, but I do think that cautiously pushing for peace in Israel and Palestine isn't a bad thing to do if it is done correctly).

5. Obviously there are some Haredis in the Israeli settlements, though I was under the impression that some Israeli settlements, such as Ma'ale Adummim and Ariel, have a large secular population, perhaps even a secular majority.

6. What about only withdrawing from the West Bank in exchange for a final peace treaty which completely and unconditionally resolves this conflict?

Yes, I know that Arafat might have very well stolen large amounts of money when he was in power. I would not be surprised if his wife gets a lot of this money right now.

In regards to such a war, such a war would only be beneficial to Israel if it produces positive/favorable results for Israel which would not be achieved otherwise.
1.Read UN resolution 194. Its part of his framework wish list.
2. Abbas pays himself $12 Million per year. Fatah pays criminals sitting in Israeli jails. The better the crime, the better the paycheck (about $20 Million there). Add the Millions given to Suha Arafat and her daughter then at a minimum the first $35 Million is right here.
Palestinian Authority
All media
Read the link ad you'll see $1.9 Billion just go to salaries.
3. The Arabs’ Betrayal of the Palestinians | FrontPage Magazine

Old 01-31-2014, 06:21 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,984 times
Man, Israel is such a murderous and brutal country...

Israelis have killed 16,000 Palestinians over 66 years.

Jordan killed up 20,000 Palestinians over ten months.

Syrians have killed up 180,000 of their fellow Arabs in less than 3 years.

Yet, all I hear is crickets.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:51 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times

Old 01-31-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Man, Israel is such a murderous and brutal country...

Jordan killed up 20,000 Palestinians over ten months.

Yet, all I hear is crickets.
You need to put that in perspective that it was a Palestinian (PLO) started war in 70-71 in an attempt to overthrow the gov't with the aid of Syria. Also keep in mind that the inflated number given is supplied by the PLO and not Jordan. But you are completely correct about the crickets since it's seen as a non-issue by the world media. There is no yearly remembrance day for it in any fashion anywhere in the world media.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:49 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You need to put that in perspective that it was a Palestinian (PLO) started war in 70-71 in an attempt to overthrow the gov't with the aid of Syria. Also keep in mind that the inflated number given is supplied by the PLO and not Jordan. But you are completely correct about the crickets since it's seen as a non-issue by the world media. There is no yearly remembrance day for it in any fashion anywhere in the world media.
We are more agreeing that disagreeing.

Israel is unduly demonized in the media and in universities across the world. Arab countries regularly kill more of their own people over a year or even a few days than Israel has over a couple of decades. Arab countries expelled about a million Jews and that is never mentioned by those with a burning hatred of Israel.

The only thing I can gather is that it is based on anti-Semitism. I generally avoid throwing around accusations of anti-Semitism or homophobia or racism because it is too common and is mostly intended to shut down a debate, but that is that the only reason why I can see Israel being held to such a ridiculously different standard than the rest of the Middle East.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
The only thing I can gather is that it is based on anti-Semitism. I generally avoid throwing around accusations of anti-Semitism or homophobia or racism because it is too common and is mostly intended to shut down a debate, but that is that the only reason why I can see Israel being held to such a ridiculously different standard than the rest of the Middle East.
Actually its Muslim Arabism. They want to get rid of the Christians too.

Quote:
In January of 1976, the destruction of Damour, a town of some 25,000 was completed by the PLO within two weeks.
Infidel Bloggers Alliance: Palestinians Killed 40,000 Christians In Lebanon In 1976

Palestinian and PLO crimes in Lebanon the Damour massacre
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies