Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 10:51 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,090 times

Advertisements

This just proves what we knew all along - liberal men are puszies. I mean, look no further than Obama for more proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 10:53 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Can't argue with those pics. But...I bet I could Google some embarrassing lib shots too.
You guys have taken enough of a beating in this thread, though, so I'll let it pass.
Wimps lol
You mean like Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY)?

I still think NY should be charged for two seats in the House for electing him.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:54 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
We needed a study on this?
Nah, fantasy requires no study at all.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:55 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,950,448 times

Old 05-16-2013, 10:58 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
This is a study out of the UK? You DO know that their Conservatives are more like your Liberals, right? They're not Conservative by American standards.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:58 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,757,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I find that age and psychological make-up have more to do with determining whether someone is liberal or conservative. Those who rely more on emotion than reason tend to be liberal, and visa versa. I cannot see how physical stature can make any difference whatsoever in someone's political ideology.

People who tend to be good with words are simply well read. Like all skills, it only requires practice. The brain may not be a muscle, but it needs to be exercised as well.

Well, analytical reasoning and emotional intelligence are both important. I see this all the time in science. People get promoted because they can execute their singular research so well, but then they end up being completely inept managers. They have little interest or insight into how people are motivated. Engineers are famous for this too. They are great with creating or refining things, but terrible with people. Likewise, someone who is a great mechanic may be terrible at customer service and so professionally handicapped.

Since this is the politics forums and politics involves chiefly leading, aiding, organizing, and advancing people, purely analytical approaches are not inherently better than compassionate ones. Read all the fools here who like to rant and shout all day at folks with other views, expecting them to change their minds. Asinine. Macho guys are famously guilty of this form of self-deceit (I am analytical, therefore my ideas are better).

Old 05-16-2013, 11:02 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,757,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
This just proves what we knew all along - liberal men are puszies. I mean, look no further than Obama for more proof.
Good to see you back trace. Let me see. Liberals are all *******, and I guess conservatives are bullies. So why should we vote for your guys again?

Smell the coffee. The nerds won decades ago. The internet you are ranting on is just one example.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:02 AM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
This is a study out of the UK? You DO know that their Conservatives are more like your Liberals, right? They're not Conservative by American standards.
Fail. Right below the headline it said this:

"Weaker men more likely to support welfare state and wealth redistribution"

Anyway, I'm not sure what I think about this study. Yes, I have met quite a few wet noodle type men who you could probably knock over just by turning a fan on them who are die hard lefties but at the same time, just about every conservative male I have met has been fat and drinks beer. Hardly what I would consider, "physically strong". I've also met some lefties who are actually physically fit.

Not saying the study is wrong, (or right), just that it's not been my experience that it can be measured solely on how much they can bench press.

I would say stronger minded vs weaker minded might have been a better study to conduct.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:03 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,077 times
Men who are physically strong are usually mentally strong also. Don't want to sound like some elite jerk but I will anyway...I notice that liberals in general are naturally weaker than classic conservatives and most of the time liberals are herd animals. Conservative males like the idea of patriarchy. They like to be the noble king of their realm. Liberal males usually mate with dominant females who rule the roost. In conservative unions there is more equality because an alpha male will mate with an alpha female.. Liberal males are rarely alpha. The reason they demand equality constantly and expect the state to equalize the social and human playing field is because they are weak and can not contend.

I knew this super conservative business man. He was very old school. He was proud of his family..he was the head of his family- He was rich and powerful beyond imagination...and physically he was a large and powerful man.. I guess in the old days he would have been called a king...............Liberals want to be liberated from kings..that is the clash.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:07 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
What I found to be true is that there are an order of magnitude more right-wing conservatives serving on active duty in the military than there are liberals since the draft was suspended in 1974.
Link? Also,what does serving in the military have to do with physical strength anyway even IF what you say is true(and that's a huge if)? I know dozens of active and former military folks and most are in decent shape..that doesn't make them physically strong tho?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies