Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 02:54 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

• Weaker men more likely to support welfare state and wealth redistribution
  • Link may reflect psychological traits that evolved in our ancestors
  • Strength was a proxy for ability to defend or acquire resources
  • There is no link between women's physical strength and political views

Read more: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I used to be physically stronger when I was young, and it's true that I was a Republican then.

Now, I'm wiser and I oppose the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 03:00 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Weaker men probably spend more time studying and reading books than in the gym.
Our Libertarian Founding Fathers weren't exactly lacking in the intellectual department.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:03 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Our Libertarian Founding Fathers weren't exactly lacking in the intellectual department.
I'm not sure spending your entire life trying to avoid paying taxes is what I would consider a great academic pursuit.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:04 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
So the article starts off with;

Researchers cite muscle-bound Hollywood action heroes like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris and Sylvester Stallone as evidence that aggression is linked to conservative politics.

But no mention of guys like Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, Shane Mosley, Floyd Mayweather that support left wing political views, or at least publicly endorsed the current man in the White-house.

This thread fails!!!

Old 05-16-2013, 03:21 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
So the article starts off with;

Researchers cite muscle-bound Hollywood action heroes like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris and Sylvester Stallone as evidence that aggression is linked to conservative politics.

But no mention of guys like Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, Shane Mosley, Floyd Mayweather that support left wing political views, or at least publicly endorsed the current man in the White-house.

This thread fails!!!
In addition, Emmitt Smith, Earl Campbell, Michael Vick. All are or were in the NFL and have endorsed President Obama. I would say these are strong men. Derek Jeter, a baseball player, is a strong man and he endorsed President Obama.

There were also some NFL players who endorsed Mitt Romney. No NHL players endorsed President Obama, as far as I know and a few endorsed Mitt Romney. I noticed this. Alot of Black athletes endorsed President Obama. The majority of athletes who endorsed Mitt Romney were White. There were some Hispanics that endorsed him, such as Derek Parra, Alex Rodriguez. One Black athlete endorsed Romney, Greg Anthony. NASCAR is not a sport where you need alot of physical strength, as far as I know, just endurance. No one from NASCAR endorsed President Obama. However, a few people from NASCAR endorsed Mitt Romney. There were no soccer players who endorsed Mitt Romney, but a White soccer player endorsed President Obama. I would look at alot of this individually.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:29 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Liberal fairies like the Daily Kos dude or Michael Moore make up 20% of the population. Just because someone votes for Democrats does not make them the typical liberal.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:45 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Only one of these guys had the guts to fight in Vietnam. The other dodged service.
Be fair. Not one Vietcong bomber entered Texas airspace while ole GWB patrolled the skies. The enemy knew to stay several thousand miles away from GWB - that's how much of a man he is. Unlike with that wuss Kerry who blundered within enemy range not once, but several times.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:45 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Actually if we talk about intelligence then liberals have a distinct advantage.

Liberalism, atheism, male sexual exclusivity linked to IQ - CNN.com

If I had to guess it is about where an individual has traits that would have helped them in the past or present

Kanazawa?

In response to ongoing controversy over views such as that African countries suffer chronic poverty and illness because their people have lower IQs and that black women are "objectively less attractive" than other races, he was dismissed from writing for Psychology Today, his current employer — the London School of Economics — has prohibited him from publishing in non-peer-reviewed outlets for 12 months,[SIZE=2][4][/SIZE] and a group of 68 evolutionary psychologists issued an open letter titled "Kanazawa's bad science does not represent evolutionary psychology".

Satoshi Kanazawa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-16-2013, 04:06 PM

805 posts, read 1,161,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Guys like Barack Obama and Rahm Emanuel are plenty strong. But Obama's degree was in poli sci, and Rahm's was speech communication or some such thing. Joe Biden's undergrad degree was history. By contrast Romney and Ryan were clearly numbers guys.

It's numbers vs. words/images, I'm telling you.

You have to account for Jesse Ventura, too. That could be a whole 'nother thread.
Is that why the numbers in Ryan's budget plan and in Romney's tax plan never added up?

Old 05-16-2013, 04:13 PM

805 posts, read 1,161,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
If the Founding Fathers were so libertarian, then why did so many of them favor and even own slaves? Certainly, the slaves did not experience liberty. And, Thomas Jefferson (frequently cited as an example of an early libertarian), proposed making sodomy punishable by castration and imposed an embargo against the England and France, two very unlibertarian policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies