Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 07:48 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
George Washington was known for his superior strength and his superior intellect.
Back in Washington's day leaders were impart chosen for their physical prowess....One of the ways of judging a man was by looking at his calf muscles..Washington was admired for his strong calves - not sure how to spell that...But it all goes back to warrior nobles...You had to be strong enough to physically fight...shewed enough to win a war...creative enough to paint a picture or carry a tune...and good looking enough to generate karisma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 07:54 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,874,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Yeah, but the nerds rule the world.

Heh heh heh.
They do only because they are able to maintain a system of political and legal control over the physically stronger people because they are smarter than physically stronger people. I am physically strong but I am not a dumb ass like most blue collar workers are.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
That's hard to believe since we conservatives are the party of constitutional principles.

You can only understand the constitution by reading.

And another thing....we conservatives consider ourselves able to self provide....what has all of the left's supposedly superior intellect done for society at large?

"The great society"? "The new deal"?

These ideas are so great that we're forced to participate!
Most conservatives don't read or understand anything. They just listen to Rush Hannity and parrot what he says. And you benefit from the New Deal.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
This just proves what we knew all along - liberal men are puszies. I mean, look no further than Obama for more proof.
He is President and you are not.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:00 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

• Weaker men more likely to support welfare state and wealth redistribution
  • Link may reflect psychological traits that evolved in our ancestors
  • Strength was a proxy for ability to defend or acquire resources
  • There is no link between women's physical strength and political views

Read more: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Not saying it is true...but it seems like it might make sense.

Men tend to be more conservative on the whole compared to women as a whole.

Men have testosterone. Is it testosterone and manliness that makes men as a whole more conservative?

Republicans historically do well with military voters.

Stereotypically meat-heads are conservative to a fault.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:38 PM

4,146 posts, read 2,840,911 times
They should make this thread a sticky, it's an endless fountain of hilarity.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:40 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Men with pot bellies too. And wife beaters.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:42 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,252,674 times
The story of humanity is the triumph of brains over brawn. Ultimately, the liberals win.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:47 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is something to consider as well. I believe people tend to shape their political beliefs based on "what affects me". So many people do it. It crosses racial lines, ethnic lines, economic lines, all kinds of lines. There is something I want to put on the table. There are plenty of Black men of great physical strength. However, most Blacks tend to vote Democrat. Many have liberal views. I've met a few Black conservatives in my life. The whole "right-wingers tend to be stronger than left-wingers", well, I don't think that is quite true. Most of the Black conservatives I've met were either slightly out of shape, or were of small physical stature. I think it has alot more to do with history as well.

I don't think physical strength is considered of the utmost importance in a "welfare society". I would say this trait is often considered important among the working class, or in places where the level of danger is higher.
Voting Democrat and being a liberal are not necessarily the same thing.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:50 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
[b]Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views/B]

• Weaker men more likely to support welfare state and wealth redistribution
  • Link may reflect psychological traits that evolved in our ancestors
  • Strength was a proxy for ability to defend or acquire resources
  • There is no link between women's physical strength and political views

Read more: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
This is NOT what the actual research study found.

Upper-body strength in men did NOT correlate with right-wing views, it correlated with self-interest.

It reported that men with higher upper-body strength were more likely to support a political view of economic redistribution that was in line with their self-interest.

Of the stronger men, the wealthy were less likely to support redistribution, and the poor were more likely to support redistribution. This is in line with their self-interest.

Of the weaker men, the wealthy were more likely to support redistribution, and the poor less likely to support redistribution. Both views are against their self-interest.

Right-wing political views: wealthy strong, and poor weak
Left-wing political views: wealthy weak, and poor strong

http://www.psychologicalscience.org/...-strength.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies