Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,556,695 times

Advertisements

this thread is hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 12:27 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
So what are you trying to say?
I think the OP is trying to say do not be a "girly-man."

Old 05-16-2013, 12:59 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
This is a great joke thread.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:20 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I think the OP is trying to say do not be a "girly-man."
Considering the political slant that he has, it might be the case.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:20 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
I am an exception to the rule. I am a physical weakling yet am totally anti-welfare. Probably about a third of my posts of City-Data have an anti-welfare theme.

Weak men should be anti-welfare. First of all most welfare is for women, in particular women with children. My fellow wimpy men are mistaken if they think they will ever get welfare.

Next welfare is a competitor to weak men in the dating/sexual marketplace. Many women have the unwed children of random strong men and go on various welfare programs. Under welfare, traits like physical strength become extremely important in what attracts women.

If welfare didn't exist many women would start families with weak men because they would no longer be able to share strong men...there would be much more poverty attached to being a single mom. Qualities like physical strength would hold less value.

I believe it is not by random chance that the welfare state is at it's highest level right now and we have the strongest men ever. Men didn't have to be so strong pre-welfare to attract women, now for the most part they do.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:24 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Who cares?

Old 05-16-2013, 01:29 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Men who are physically strong are usually mentally strong also. Don't want to sound like some elite jerk but I will anyway...I notice that liberals in general are naturally weaker than classic conservatives and most of the time liberals are herd animals. Conservative males like the idea of patriarchy. They like to be the noble king of their realm. Liberal males usually mate with dominant females who rule the roost. In conservative unions there is more equality because an alpha male will mate with an alpha female.. Liberal males are rarely alpha. The reason they demand equality constantly and expect the state to equalize the social and human playing field is because they are weak and can not contend.

I knew this super conservative business man. He was very old school. He was proud of his family..he was the head of his family- He was rich and powerful beyond imagination...and physically he was a large and powerful man.. I guess in the old days he would have been called a king...............Liberals want to be liberated from kings..that is the clash.
Lmfao...ok Sigmund,you can come back out of orbit now..YOU Are funny

Old 05-16-2013, 01:32 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,121,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
When I pump iron I listen to liberal rockers like Springsteen, Rage Against The Machine, and Pearl Jam.

So my biceps and brain grow at the same time.

This makes me the greatest man on earth. Women want me. Men want to be me.

And sharks have a week dedicated to you.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I am an exception to the rule. I am a physical weakling yet am totally anti-welfare. Probably about a third of my posts of City-Data have an anti-welfare theme.

Weak men should be anti-welfare. First of all most welfare is for women, in particular women with children. My fellow wimpy men are mistaken if they think they will ever get welfare.

Next welfare is a competitor to weak men in the dating/sexual marketplace. Many women have the unwed children of random strong men and go on various welfare programs. Under welfare, traits like physical strength become extremely important in what attracts women.

If welfare didn't exist many women would start families with weak men because they would no longer be able to share strong men...there would be much more poverty attached to being a single mom. Qualities like physical strength would hold less value.

I believe it is not by random chance that the welfare state is at it's highest level right now and we have the strongest men ever. Men didn't have to be so strong pre-welfare to attract women, now for the most part they do.
There is something to consider as well. I believe people tend to shape their political beliefs based on "what affects me". So many people do it. It crosses racial lines, ethnic lines, economic lines, all kinds of lines. There is something I want to put on the table. There are plenty of Black men of great physical strength. However, most Blacks tend to vote Democrat. Many have liberal views. I've met a few Black conservatives in my life. The whole "right-wingers tend to be stronger than left-wingers", well, I don't think that is quite true. Most of the Black conservatives I've met were either slightly out of shape, or were of small physical stature. I think it has alot more to do with history as well.

I don't think physical strength is considered of the utmost importance in a "welfare society". I would say this trait is often considered important among the working class, or in places where the level of danger is higher.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Look at the military around the world. Generally speaking the military tends to be right wing especially the higher ranks. Very conservative, tradition and duty bound. If we accept that the military generally contains some of the most physically robust males a society has to offer there does appear to be some truth to the contention.
In this case, it has nothing to do with physical strength. Rather, physical strength just happens to correlate with it. And consider this. All of the rigorous exercise in the military will make you strong.

The conservatism in the military has alot more to do with the thought processes in the military. It has everything to do with socialization in the military. It has more to do with conservative persons joining the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies