Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 03:16 PM

62,868 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Perez was the descendant of immigrants from Spain, not Latin America. He wasn't of mixed race.
Ok then that makes him Hispanic-white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 03:17 PM

349 posts, read 260,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Clearly no one read the article linked in the OP! It contains such damning evidence as:

Garcia-Quintana's non-profit once got a donation from Ted Tancredo. And Tancredo went to an event that was catered by a guy who belongs to League of the South. And the SPLC has declared that LOS is a hate group.

You can't make this stuff up!

Nikki Haley has 164 people on this steering committee and this was the biggest dirt the SPLC could find? She must be squeaky clean.

SPLC however has blood on its hands. A crazy liberal said he used the SPLC's hate group list to pick the Family Research Council, and he went there with a gun intending to shoot everyone he could and shove Chic Fil A sandwiches in their dead mouths. Luckily a good security guard stopped a massacre, but he got shot in the process.
That's directly on that SPLC, no 6 degrees of separation needed to connect the SPLC and the shooting.
Are you really this naive???...or do you think everyonelse is just stupid???

Last edited by MOS0311; 05-24-2013 at 03:48 PM..

Old 05-24-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Morris Dees is black... who knew!
Now his next rant will be....."HE'S A JOOOOO!!!!!!!"

Old 05-24-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
This is no one I would want to be involved with. I consider it like this. I'm Black, and I know people like this stand against me.
I guess they want you to get of the "Democratic Plantation" and get in on the GOP'S Plantation so that they really can put a whip to your back.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:27 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I know in your extremely limited American worldview that anyone with Spanish last names can't possibly be white, ever, but fact of the matter is people with Spanish last names can be just as white as anyone from Sweden or Britain. Shocking revelation, I know. There is a world beyond that little shack you live in the farm in the Midwest or cabin in Appalachia

You aren't considered fully "white" unless you can prove your family arrived in America on the "Mayflower" as a passenger and not on some other ship as freight.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:34 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS0311 View Post
Spoken by one of the new "stormfront" plants. When you people come over here try at least a bit not to come off as so ignorant...

Please post any reputable, established organization that has branded the SPLC as a Black Nationalist Group???

You people are so sad...
He doesn't have any proof. I called said person out on this as well. I explained that his assessment was an illogical fallacy.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ok then that makes him Hispanic-white.
He never identified himself as Hispanic. He identified as White. His last name might have been Spanish, but in those days, there was no term for Hispanic. And Hispanic is an ethnicity. Racially, he was considered White. I've got a clip on this thread of him expressing White supremacist views. Having a Spanish last name does not mean anything. Racial makeup is a determining factor.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS0311 View Post
I guess they want you to get of the "Democratic Plantation" and get in on the GOP'S Plantation so that they really can put a whip to your back.
At this point, there is not much of a difference between both parties.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I don't care anything about South Carolina politics, but the name Quintana caught my eye. I just did the genealogy of a relative who married a Quintana in NM. I looked up the Roan Garcia-Quintana from the article. He was born 1950 in Cuba. Looks like someone who wanted to smear Haley twisted the facts.
Roan Garcia-Quintana for SC Senate

Old 05-24-2013, 04:21 PM

62,868 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
He never identified himself as Hispanic. He identified as White. His last name might have been Spanish, but in those days, there was no term for Hispanic. And Hispanic is an ethnicity. Racially, he was considered White. I've got a clip on this thread of him expressing White supremacist views. Having a Spanish last name does not mean anything. Racial makeup is a determining factor.
Both race and ethnicty describes who we are. There is a difference between a Hispanic-white and a non-hispanic white. He was born in Cuba and his father or his ancestors probably hailed from Spain. Therefore he is a Hispanic-white. Normally the term "white supremist" is reserved for non-hispanic whites. Not saying he isn't a supremist because I don't know but I wouldn't call him a "white" supremist because that is too vague without taking into account his ethnicity also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies