Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 07:38 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Listen....defend what you want, buy remember what my initial response was too:
Was Byrd a KKK member or not? Simple question....
Yes. I stated that, so I'm not sure what kind of point you're trying to make by saying "simple question." Byrd also did a 180 turn on his position, as did many people during that time period in the dacades after the Civil Rights Act. Lots of people had a change of heart as the culture changed, just as many are having a change of heart on gay marriage with time, education and exposure. Byrd went on to champion civil rights legislation and denounce the KKK DECADES ago. He admitted that he was wrong. As I SAID EARLIER--I get it when that happens, and that sometimes people change. MY POINT is that this guy is STILL a white supremacist There's no excuse for that in 2013.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 07:43 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Yes. I stated that, so I'm not sure what kind of point you're trying to make by saying "simple question." Byrd also did a 180 turn on his position, as did many people during that time period in the dacades after the Civil Rights Act. Lots of people had a change of heart as the culture changed, just as many are having a change of heart on gay marriage with time, education and exposure. Byrd went on to champion civil rights legislation and denounce the KKK DECADES ago. He admitted that he was wrong. As I SAID EARLIER--I get it when that happens, and that sometimes people change. MY POINT is that this guy is STILL a white supremacist There's no excuse for that in 2013.
Then show me where this guy from the OPs link is still AN ACTIVE WHITE SUPREMACIST....

Old 05-25-2013, 07:47 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Here let me help ya...
Quote:
"The Anti-Defamation League," notes that Garcia-Quintana is a "white supremacist" who opposed the desegregation of public schools during the civil rights era of the 1950s.
So basically what you are saying is that this guy is still a "white supermacist" from the 1950, but Byrd is no longer a KKK member, because he was a KKK member form....when...?????????????? : smack::s mack:

Old 05-25-2013, 07:52 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,468,414 times
A white supremacist supporting the re-election of an Indian American. Would this be hypocrisy, irony, bizarre, or a little bit of each?

Old 05-25-2013, 09:49 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I'd bet I know more Cubans than most on this forum, and they are not "white" compared with Americans from European lineage. The vast majority of Cubans are brown and have different features than typical Anglos.
For example, the minute I saw a picture of George Zimmerman and the caption "white man kills black boy", I knew he was not white.
Then again many younger people have lost their ability to distinguish people based on race, religion, ethnic origin, etc.
Heck many could not tell you where their own ancestors came from, much less be able to figure out where other people came from based on features.
It is all part of the politically correct dumbing down of how we raise our kids.
Many Cubans are brown or black (such as myself). But many others are whites of Spanish origin. I'd estimate that about 60-70 percent of Cubans in this country are whites of Spanish origin, or at least very substantially so. As I have pointed out many times, there is a strong white supremacist pro-Spanish bent to Latin American culture, and the whites in Cuba pre-Castro instituted an American-influenced segregationist policy that was pretty much unique in Latin America. Many white Cubans are rabidly racist.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:51 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yeah -- that's what's ironic about this guy they're saying is a white supremist. He's a latino and by checking the "hispanic" box he's entitled to all the same financial aid and affirmative action as blacks are. He may or may not be considered white but he can call himself that -- so could Obama call himself white, so can anyone --- but he's still a part of a disadvantaged minority group, his children or grandchildren can qualify for hispanic grant money to get free college educations.

I know people who check the hispanic box when applying for college money and scholarships but aren't hispanic (whatever that means -- it doesn't mean much)- they don't make you prove anything. You can check whatever box you like -- that's really all race is now.
Free college educations? How can I get in on this? I got a kid about to go to law school and two young ones looking forward to college.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:56 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Here let me help ya...

So basically what you are saying is that this guy is still a "white supermacist" from the 1950, but Byrd is no longer a KKK member, because he was a KKK member form....when...?????????????? : smack::s mack:
Garcia-Quintana is CURRENTLY associated with Council of Conservative Citizens......

Old 05-26-2013, 01:13 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Many Cubans are brown or black (such as myself). But many others are whites of Spanish origin. I'd estimate that about 60-70 percent of Cubans in this country are whites of Spanish origin, or at least very substantially so. As I have pointed out many times, there is a strong white supremacist pro-Spanish bent to Latin American culture, and the whites in Cuba pre-Castro instituted an American-influenced segregationist policy that was pretty much unique in Latin America. Many white Cubans are rabidly racist.
One thing many people don't realize -- every hispanic or latino nation had African slaves. The hispanics were very much involved in slavery -- some people seem to think that slavery only took place in the USA.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:08 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Looked up an image of the name in question and came up with this:

indiana 007 - FITSNews

Could just be a white person with a good tan.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:42 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Then show me where this guy from the OPs link is still AN ACTIVE WHITE SUPREMACIST....
You need to sit down and read the thread before you start ranting like a two year old. He sits on the BOARD of the CCC RIGHT NOW. How many times do I have to repeat that? The CCC is a white supremacist organization. The links are all in other posts of mine, including their statements of principles (which includes no mixing of the races, etc. ) I don't really care what someone did decades ago, as long as they didn't commit serious crimes, and especially if they change, denounce their past, and show through their actions that they've changed (like Byrd) but I do care what they're doing today.

One more time--here's an article from 2010 where Garcia-Quintana is serving as a spokesperson for the CCC. He's a former director of the organization, and current board member:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102004020.html
and here's the CCC's statement of principles:
http://cofcc.org/introduction/statement-of-principles/

Last edited by mb1547; 05-26-2013 at 07:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies