Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 12:06 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A good friend of mine who is white, says in all honesty white men are afraid of black men. That is why they put certain restrictions and protocols to bring them down in America. This is why the media negative portray black men stereotypically.
This can't be for real. Why come on and start race baiting?
White men are not afraid of black men.
Maybe one of the stupidest things I've read on this board, and there have been plenty.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:06 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
and seriously, who cares about this idiotic commercial. I watched it once, and that was all I needed to see. it wasn't cute, funny, or creative. it was just a bad commercial. it would have been bad if it were a same race, same sex, or interspecies couple.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:10 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
ironically, the people who are upset the most by your dating a white woman? black women.
You love making stuff up. Try to back it up from time to time. I know you will not be able most of the time, but once in a while would be nice.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:11 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
Why would Cheerios have to disable their comments page? Why is a simple video of this commercial generating so many views online when there other videos hasnt generated nearly as many views. People with your mindset is the reason why racism is still alive today. You refuse to see it and walk blindly.
First off, anyone who has every looked at Youtube videos knows that a clip of cat walking across a piano would have a couple hundred comments that are racist, hate filled trash. This video only got this many views AFTER they started running stories about it on every news broadcast in the US. People with my mindset have no problem whatsoever with a black man and a white woman being together, I couldn't possibly care less. As long as they pay their taxes I DGAF what they do or who they marry. All I do see are people like you who spend their time trying to perpetuate hate that doesn't actually exist.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:12 PM

105 posts, read 91,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
and seriously, who cares about this idiotic commercial. I watched it once, and that was all I needed to see. it wasn't cute, funny, or creative. it was just a bad commercial. it would have been bad if it were a same race, same sex, or interspecies couple.
Most people would beg to differ. It is getting rave reviews according to cheerios. So far, now I do understand why their is still racism in this country and why our President often gets bashed, whenever something goes wrong.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
A handful of people on the internet in no way represents what the country in general believes.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:15 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,736,283 times
Quote:

Just Checking - YouTube

Cheerios has had this commercial up for over a week on YouTube and it has gathered millions of views compared to the other videos on their subscription page. Unfortunately they had to disable their comment section due to discriminatory comments made by individuals.

It is 2013...why do people in America have a problem with this specific type of interracial relationship? I am almost certain that this commercial wouldve not been as popular if it was a asian female/white man, asian man/white female or even if it was a black female/white man. Why do people get so pissed when they see black men dating white women. It is to the point where I heard that white men would not even touch a white women if they are sexually involved with black men.

A good friend of mine who is white, says in all honesty white men are afraid of black men. That is why they put certain restrictions and protocols to bring them down in America. This is why the media negative portray black men stereotypically.

As a black man I feel it in the work place and when I date white women. People just look pissed. I don't understand what is the problem with black male/white female relationships? If countries in Europe can have conversations and feel comfortable making commercials depicting interracial families (they have been doing that for decades) why are people in America so uptight about an interracial commercial (probably the first commercial I have ever seen in America depicting a standard interracial family)?

So sad and it goes to show you that rather than running away from it and sweeping it under a rug, we should start confronting racial issues. That is the only was this nation will become more progressive.
Because the Whiteman has envy of the Blackman's perceived size advantage.
I say perceived because I cannot confirm first hand.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:17 PM

105 posts, read 91,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
This can't be for real. Why come on and start race baiting?
White men are not afraid of black men.
Maybe one of the stupidest things I've read on this board, and there have been plenty.
Are you a homeowner? If your neighbors moved and chose to sell their homes to African American families would you be ok or would you put your home on the market and join white flight? When was the last time you actually hung out with a black man?

Old 06-07-2013, 12:18 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Most people would beg to differ. It is getting rave reviews according to cheerios. So far, now I do understand why their is still racism in this country and why our President often gets bashed, whenever something goes wrong.
it's getting such rave reviews that they disabled the comment section. there is racism in the country, because there is racism in every country. it's human nature. obama gets bashed because he's a catastrophe, who blames everyone else.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:19 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
Every president gets bashed when something goes wrong. If our current president were white (lets say Joe Biden), he would be bashed too.

Your original post seems to assert everyone in America has a problem with white female/black male relationships. I think YOU KNOW that isn't true so why did you write it? Some people, a decreasing number every year, have a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies