Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to end the Drug War?
Yes 102 80.31%
No 20 15.75%
Unsure 5 3.94%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:31 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
fin you really need to stop spreading misinformation..
That seems to be all he's capable of doing on this topic... well, that and claiming if you smoke pot you'll go insane and chew off somebody's face. Mmmmm, human flesh sounds tasty after a fat doobie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 08:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Then we must see things through very different eyes, because I thought it was a beautiful and relatively safe place.

Now, can you find statistics on drug-related (or any) crimes in Holland? I don't know for sure, but seem to recall their overall crime rates being much lower than ours. So I don't really care if they are shooting heroin in the park, as long as they're not robbing or killing me to get it. Knock yourself out!
Holland ranks #4 in "Total crime victims". If you live there, there is a pretty good change you will become a victim of a crime.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
That seems to be all he's capable of doing on this topic... well, that and claiming if you smoke pot you'll go insane and chew off somebody's face. Mmmmm, human flesh sounds tasty after a fat doobie.
Do you also reject the data I provided? They are official numbers, and it is very telling you guys reject them and rather believe some opinion piece as long as it tickles your ears.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Do you also reject the data I provided? They are official numbers, and it is very telling you guys reject them and rather believe some opinion piece as long as it tickles your ears.
I don't believe "opinion pieces" either... remember, research is what I do for a living!

What I do believe are official government statistics, from sources like the CDC, NIH, FBI, CIA, etc. So far I don't recall you providing anything like that as evidence, all I've seen you do is post ancient or isolated studies with debatable standards & procedures. They were already refuted on the other thread, but you continue to claim these studies are proof that drugs should be illegal. Even when they've been directly refuted with more reliable sources, you just put your fingers in your virtual ears.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:47 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Holland ranks #4 in "Total crime victims". If you live there, there is a pretty good change you will become a victim of a crime.

usa is worse..

Old 06-01-2013, 08:51 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:

the only violent feelings I've ever had while smoking a fatty is tearing in to a bag of chips, chocolate chip cookies forget about it. they be gone

Old 06-01-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
According to the stats I just found, approximately 24% of YOUNG people are victims of a crime annually - and that includes petty crimes like pickpocketing, bicycle theft, vandalism, etc. People over a certain age are less likely to be a crime victim, and I don't (yet) see anything regarding drug-related crimes. How does that compare to the US? Guess it depends on the specific state/city, but I don't think it is much different. Do you have stats to back up your statement above?

Here's my source: CBS - One quarter of young people victims of crime - Web magazine

Old 06-01-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
I don't believe "opinion pieces" either... remember, research is what I do for a living!
Yes, you do. You just hailed opinion pieces from 'mayer of Seattle', while I provided you the official numbers from Portugal. The study was from 2009, and its intent was to show the effect of the legalization of drugs in Portugal. It shows cocaine use more than doubled, and they pretty much all drug use it up. I am very unimpressed with your 'research' skills, because you obviously believe whatever supports your personal opinions, and shut your ears from anything else.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
According to the stats I just found, approximately 24% of YOUNG people are victims of a crime annually - and that includes petty crimes like pickpocketing, bicycle theft, vandalism, etc. People over a certain age are less likely to be a crime victim, and I don't (yet) see anything regarding drug-related crimes. How does that compare to the US? Guess it depends on the specific state/city, but I don't think it is much different. Do you have stats to back up your statement above?
Holland is #4 and US was #15.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the only violent feelings I've ever had while smoking a fatty is tearing in to a bag of chips, chocolate chip cookies forget about it. they be gone
Oh, I can MURDER a box of cookies when I'm stoned - even when I'm not, to be honest! Bad cookies, you will die in my stomach now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies