Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I'm sure Obama can spare to lose 2,345 votes, the last election wasn't the 2000 election
well, he couldnt run for re election again if he wanted to, so technically, he can spare 65 million.

but the thread makes no sense, It doesnt actually say who they are disappointed in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 10:02 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Will this unhappiness translate to the next House and Senate elections?
Who cares? It won't matter at all. Democrats, Republicans= all the same ol' $#!%.

Politicians and legislators don't run this country--they are all bought, sold and owned by special interest groups.

Anyone who thinks one or the other of the two major parties will make a difference is deluded.

No reasonable person should ever vote for any Dem or Repub for any national office.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:06 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"Only a third of U.S. adults say they are very happy -- minorities show particularly pronounced declines in the past two years, a U.S. survey indicates. A Harris Poll of 2,345 U.S. adults surveyed online April 10-15 by Harris Interactive found certain groups, such as minorities, recent graduates and the disabled, trended downward in the last couple of years."

Harris Poll: Only a third of U.S. adults qualify as very happy

Will this unhappiness translate to the next House and Senate elections?
As a member of one of the groups above, I can assure you that NOTHING could induce me to vote Republican. If I am dissastified with some aspect of my life, I work to change it if I possibly can. If it's something that can't be changed, I work on acceptance. The last thing I (or ANYONE in the groups listed above) need is for the Republican Party to come knocking on my door with their questionable policies:

minority member: That's OK because the Heritage Foundation has discovered that you're too stupid to live if you're Hispanic, and the black folk aren't far behind.

recent graduate: No problems. The Republican Party will "help" you by raising the interest on education loans, and they'll make sure the "job creators" keep sending American jobs overseas. Er, you DO like to travel, right? And you're happy with a salary of 10 cents/hour in a death trap of a work place? Then don't worry, be happy, recent grad!

the disabled: First of all, the Republican party knows you're faking your disability, so they're getting rid of any and all assistance with health care, and we'll be taking your housing voucher while we're at it. You can keep the wheelchair, however. Never let it be said that Republicans lack a heart!

As usual the Right is so clueless that they think MORE of their self-serving policies is what the people of the US long for. Wrong! It's the policies you've already shoved down our throats that make us unhappy.

Vote Republican? I'd rather vote for the developmentally damaged boy down the street. He'd do much less damage to the country than the Republicans would and already have.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:06 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well blacks are the second largest minority group -- they should be unhappy. The highest unemployment rates of all, the fact that those trapped in the inner cities are going to remain trapped.

The largest minority group is extremely happy. No border enforcement, they're being promised an amnesty the size never before imagined.

no we are the largest single minoroty group the other group consist of people of all races and national origins=apples and oranges in comparison

Old 06-02-2013, 10:07 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Who cares? It won't matter at all. Democrats, Republicans= all the same ol' $#!%.

Politicians and legislators don't run this country--they are all bought, sold and owned by special interest groups.

Anyone who thinks one or the other of the two major parties will make a difference is deluded.

No reasonable person should ever vote for any Dem or Repub for any national office.
I'm not saying these people will switch parties. When people are unhappy, they stay home. If you notice in the original post it includes recent graduates and the disabled. But staying home is equivalent to voting Republican, if the Republican base does show up. That's why I think it could mean problems for the Democrats.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:09 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
You're right -- they're pretty mindless and want their one-party rule. Just like the largest minority group already had back in their own country which they preferred to flee rather than vote with any intelligence. .
Dumbest post of the day!

Old 06-02-2013, 10:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Dumbest post of the day!
Do you want to tell us why it's smart to be a strictly one-party kind of people?

All of you guys that are celebrating the fact that we now will have only liberals in power forever are making it very clear you no longer care about elections and democracy.

The politicians can take your vote for granted, you will never hold their feet to the fire, never actually get those jobs they promised you at election time.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:16 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
well, he couldnt run for re election again if he wanted to, so technically, he can spare 65 million.

but the thread makes no sense, It doesnt actually say who they are disappointed in.
True. Democrat voters really are never disappointed in their celebrity idols.

They might whine about lack of jobs and stagnant wages but they utterly worship the liberal politicians like Clintons and Obama that brought it all on.

Liberal voters will never question Bill Clinton's NAFTA and the open borders bringing in limitless numbers of dirt cheap workers who are being brought in to keep wages way down. They essentially worship their lying politicians.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Well blacks are the second largest minority group -- they should be unhappy. The highest unemployment rates of all, the fact that those trapped in the inner cities are going to remain trapped.

The largest minority group is extremely happy. No border enforcement, they're being promised an amnesty the size never before imagined.
Hey Genius...most blacks don't live in inner cities.

Additionally, no group is more perpetually disgruntled than white males. Are they gonna abandon the Republicans?

Nope.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:58 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
It doesn't matter. The black American Democrat groupthink is so powerfully brainwashed that the Democrats could bring back the KKK to full power circa 1915 and black Americans would still vote for them 99% of the time.

Some groups just can't break free from the slave mentality. Such is life on the Democrat Plantation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies