Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 03:35 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Because it was breaking news.
When you started the thread, you left out links or content. In your need to be the first to know, you posted pretty much nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 03:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
He also would not have amassed all that firepower if he were not able to.
Are you suggesting we put him in prison for having mental health issues?

Old 06-09-2013, 03:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
You somehow think that is some type of justification?
Yes -- your same huge and very intrusive government can't stop tons of drugs from being imported every single day. Nothing would stop those same smugglers and traffickers from hiding a few hundred high power weapons under the bricks of cocaine when they ship it in.

All you are proposing is to move weapons to the black market where no background checks are done, no forms filled out.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:08 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
What do you think drives political discussion?
ROFL. So then you want to have a political discussion about a shooting. Why would that be? That's rhetorical of course.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:11 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
You somehow think that is some type of justification?
You think that some wacko shooting people is justification to take away other people's rights. When a drunk kills someone driving is that justification to take away your car if you've done nothing wrong?

Old 06-10-2013, 06:59 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
The best way to avoid shootings is to remove guns.

peace.
brian
With the millions of firearms in the US, that's impossible.

Next solution?

Old 06-10-2013, 07:41 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Does any other area of Cali ever get shut down after one of many gangland shootings or is it business as usual?

"Originally Posted by mwruckman
This is the perfect example of what the 2nd Ammendment means. It gives me or anyone the GOD GIVEN RIGHT to murder anyone I choose at the time of my choosing."

Only if the ability to read and comprehend is was never achieved.

Dem legislators have overcome that problem by simply passing legislation to find out what's in it. Like Obamacare and Pelosi and the now tragic video of a CO legislator claimimg that as more 'magazines' were fired the less there would be available to use.

LiveLeak.com - Colorado anti-gun legislator shows she doesn't understand high-capacity magazines

Old 06-10-2013, 11:53 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I read the same.

As a gun owner, I don't want to stop law-abiding, responsible citizens from having guns. But I do think we need to take some steps to prevent people with mental health issues from getting hold of them.
From the latest I read, they still don't know where he got the weapons from, and how, given the fact that Zawhari was mentally troubled.

Also, the fact that an armed guard at the Santa Monica College campus was able to stop this guy before he could have killed or injured more people is further proof that arming decent law-abiding individuals, and/or having armed guards in schools and other public facilities, is an effective way to stop such horrendous acts.

Don't blame the guns or us decent law-abiding gun owners, blame the crazy individuals, like Adam Lanza and this guy in Santa Monica last week, and the others who went on those senseless shooting rampages in recent times.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:07 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
What the pro-gunners don't get, is that having a gun is no protection. Someone who's going to shoot people doesn't usually give a warning. And by the time a person could get their gun out, they're already dead.

The best way to avoid shootings is to remove guns.

peace.
brian
I beg to differ with you on this (bolded text), ask the many who have used guns to protect themselves against criminals in many situations, this happens everyday in the United States and often without firing any shots, but you won't hear about it in the biased media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
With the millions of firearms in the US, that's impossible.

Next solution?
I agree, I can't imagine anyone with a criminal record willing to give up their guns, disarming law-abiding citizens will only leave us vulnerable.

The Next and the ONLY logical solution is, keep criminals where they belong, locked up so they won't get guns illegally.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:34 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When it's possible that people have been killed or injured it's usually a good idea to leave politics out of things for awhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
People are dead. A horrendous thing has happened. This is a tragedy for who knows how many innocent families. And you can't wait to give your colorful description of liberals. Unreal.

Your mom real proud of you is she?

You might like to know that Santa Monica CC is a school full of young people who are trying their best to get an education. It's a school with students of every possible background. There's a good chance a student will not be going home tonight. My sympathy goes out to those families.

But you just keep on keeping on if talking about weenie liberals (when the bodies are still warm) makes you feel like you're doing something positive with your life. God knows the students of SMCC are trying.
Ohhhh..... the IRONY.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I'm sure the NRA is gleeful because incidents like this only further drive gun sales.
Did the NRA start selling guns? When did this transpire? Last I checked, the NRA didn't sell guns, and couldn't care less whether you bought a gun or not.... just so long as you DONATE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies