Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 09:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTVisit View Post
Just like Stalin's dream

Christianity will and should stay, but Others should die
My opinion has not a damn thing to do with politics and EVERYTHING to do with how lame religion is.

As a matter of fact, i'll revise my earlier statement: Christianity should go away first followed by Islam. Judaism is harmless for the most part. I only wanna kill it off so that it never gives birth to another religion again.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:13 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My opinion has not a damn thing to do with politics and EVERYTHING to do with how lame religion is.

As a matter of fact, i'll revise my earlier statement: Christianity should go away first followed by Islam. Judaism is harmless for the most part. I only wanna kill it off so that it never gives birth to another religion again.
So ONE guy says he's the Messiah, a bunch of people follow him, and it's OUR fault?

Old 06-10-2013, 09:13 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians." - Gandhi

Religion itself isn't bad, it's the people who have mutilated what religions (and their texts) originally represented. That's probably why you don't dislike us Jewish people as much, because we generally follow what our book represents - and don't use it to spread hate, or take selected passages as literal while ignoring others. I'm not a particularly religious person, but would also never abandon or convert from Judaism for these reasons.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Christian neighbor yes
Actually, it means quite the opposite... but thanks for proving my point above, about how some people mutilate the Bible to spread their hate.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:26 PM

185 posts, read 193,424 times
Quote:

I hope atheism will die first before Islam... At least Muslims believe in God and Jesus as prophet.

Stalin did it in the name of atheism. Communism = atheism.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-11-2013 at 04:15 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 06-10-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
So ONE guy says he's the Messiah, a bunch of people follow him, and it's OUR fault?
One guy? Very disrespectful and ignorant. Jesus was and is the Messiah, and he was sent by God. Early Christians were jews

Old 06-10-2013, 09:29 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
I suspect that Jews will become atheist and agnostic a lot faster than they become Christian, and Christianity itself will gradually wane as it encounters more sophisticated religions and philosophies on the internet and in education.

There are quite a few "cultural" Jews I've met who don't believe in the religion, but enjoy practicing the traditional Hebrew, Sepphardic or Yiddish customs as an ethnic thing.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
One guy? Very disrespectful and ignorant. Jesus was and is the Messiah, and he was sent by God. Early Christians were jews
Irony = You calling somebody else's comments ignorant and disrespectful.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Irony = You calling somebody else's comments ignorant and disrespectful.

Whatever wait on your judgement day...

Old 06-10-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I suspect that Jews will become atheist and agnostic a lot faster than they become Christian, and Christianity itself will gradually wane as it encounters more sophisticated religions and philosophies on the internet and in education.

There are quite a few "cultural" Jews I've met who don't believe in the religion, but enjoy practicing the traditional Hebrew, Sepphardic or Yiddish customs as an ethnic thing.
Yup, and I would definitely fall under that (latter) category. I'm not very religious per say, but do practice the faith culturally... did the whole Sunday School, Hebrew School, confirmation, Aliyah, Bat-Mitzvah, etc, and still observe the major holidays and attend services occasionally.

Despite my doubts, if you ask me, I identify as Jewish - and if I had kids, I would most likely raise them Jewish too. So we're not dying off, just adapting and changing with the times!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies