Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 12:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
So ONE guy says he's the Messiah, a bunch of people follow him, and it's OUR fault?
Yea, it is. LMAO

Again, i'm partial to Jews because they're not interested in spreading their faith. Moreover, they were the only white folks that as an ethnic group were overwhelmingly in favor of civil rights for my people here in the United States...and they didn't just pay that support simple lip service. That means something to me.

Still though, if it gave rise to two religions before, it could do it again...hence my wish that the people remain, but the faith itself goes away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians." - Gandhi

Religion itself isn't bad, it's the people who have mutilated what religions (and their texts) originally represented. That's probably why you don't dislike us Jewish people as much, because we generally follow what our book represents - and don't use it to spread hate, or take selected passages as literal while ignoring others. I'm not a particularly religious person, but would also never abandon or convert from Judaism for these reasons.
Actually, i think it's VERY bad. Extremely destructive in fact. All of it.

As for Ghandi's quote, boy do i agree with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTVisit View Post
I hope atheism will die first before Islam... At least Muslims believe in God and Jesus as prophet.

Stalin did it in the name of atheism. Communism = atheism.

You need to seek a doctor seriously
Atheism will not only NOT die, but it's very slowly killing off all religion in most civilized First World nations. In fact, churches are empty as hell in Europe, which warms my heart.

The beautiful kicker is this: the more enlightened mankind gets about things like science, technology, art, literature...the faster religion will die off in all but the most backwards places on Earth.

Of course, this won't happen in our lifetime, but in a century or so, even the United States will see a lot more empty churches. And it can't possibly happen fast enough for me.
Quote:
One guy? Very disrespectful and ignorant. Jesus was and is the Messiah, and he was sent by God. Early Christians were jews
Eh...sure. Ok.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:38 AM

366 posts, read 644,874 times
Quote:
Stay on topic everyone!
NO: Jews will not die out. Think about it. Throughout the last 6000 years of history they have maintained their faith-culture and beliefs even in the face of worldwide aggression.

Who has shaped modern history more so than Freud, Einstein, Marx? Right in the middle of a goy society the Jews not only kept their culture but changed society in a 360 pattern! The Jews have been persecuted in every place they set foot. yet despite this in a short period of time they are blamed for being the leaders of the countries they just landed in intelligentsia, finance and science.

They now have a homeland with 6 million Jews living there. Breeding, dating and making babies with their own kind. In the last 2000+ years they have not had a place to call home, in fact it was world wide German-Russian and American discrimination against Jews that finally made them get their own country.

Jews are the last people on earth who will die out.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:44 AM

366 posts, read 644,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, it is. LMAO

Again, i'm partial to Jews because they're not interested in spreading their faith. Moreover, they were the only white folks that as an ethnic group were overwhelmingly in favor of civil rights for my people here in the United States...and they didn't just pay that support simple lip service. That means something to me.

Still though, if it gave rise to two religions before, it could do it again...hence my wish that the people remain, but the faith itself goes away.

Actually, i think it's VERY bad. Extremely destructive in fact. All of it.

As for Ghandi's quote, boy do i agree with that.

Atheism will not only NOT die, but it's very slowly killing off all religion in most civilized First World nations. In fact, churches are empty as hell in Europe, which warms my heart.

The beautiful kicker is this: the more enlightened mankind gets about things like science, technology, art, literature...the faster religion will die off in all but the most backwards places on Earth.

Of course, this won't happen in our lifetime, but in a century or so, even the United States will see a lot more empty churches. And it can't possibly happen fast enough for me.

Eh...sure. Ok.
Funny in one sentence you call for religions existence to disappear but in the next you give Jews credit for helping your people.

Basically blacks would still be slaves if not for religious conviction. People such as Abe Lincoln, were influenced in their fight for black equality by Christianity and religious teachings. Lincoln was routinely told to drop the war over these "black slaves" but his conviction and belief in religious righteousness kept him going.

Another great example would be Jackie Robinson and how he was the first black ball player.........Im sure if you dug deeper most civil rights given to blacks would have been given at the hands of a Christian doing his Christian duty.

Jackie Robinson's Faith Missing From '42' Movie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies