Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 07:44 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
In their religion it is a person. As that is the base assumption of their faith it cannot be argued against. It can only be denied and should be as another form of religious absurdity.

None of the people arguing for the Freedom to Choose what to have done to your own body have ever suggested that someone that believes a fetus is a child should be forced to have an abortion. The Freedom to Choose people would let anyone that wanted to carry a pregnancy to term would support the pregnant woman and the child.

Most of the anti-choice supporters would not support either the pregnant woman of her child as, even if conceived in a sanctified marriage, the child is the woman's punishment for having sex and diverting a man from worshipping god.
Nice try, but I'm agnostic.

You don't need to be religious to see that baby-killing ghouls are just sick in the head.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-14-2013 at 05:35 PM..

Old 06-14-2013, 07:47 AM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Nice try, but I'm agnostic.

You don't need to be religious to see that baby-killing ghouls are just sick in the head.
thought you left this thread to enjoy a ghoul free week end. you prefer a woman should be forced into giving birth against her will. third world thinking.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-14-2013 at 05:35 PM..

Old 06-14-2013, 07:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
A major inconsistency in the anti abortion groups is their willingness to allow a fetus conceived by rape or incest to be aborted as if the fetus was guilty of some unforgivable sin. The fetus is guilty of being conceived in a manner that violates the rights of the woman's owner (father, brother, husband) to determine when and how she becomes pregnant. In their minds women are not independent persons but just another form of property and, as we have found out from the murder of a female prostitute by an angry male, in Texas, they effectively are.

This is my fundamental problem with the anti abortion stance. It is based on ownership not freedom. I do not own anyone and will fight anyone that tries to use force to activate their assumed claim on my person. I will not own anyone and will not be owned by anyone. All women have that same right.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:08 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
3 months.
Still not a person.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:08 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'm Pro Choice but at what point do you consider no longer calling it a fetus?

Should you allow abortion at 8.5 months ? By then that's a full grown infant.
It is still referred to as a fetus right up until delivery. I know, because I have two daughters, and was in the delivery room for both of their births. Why do you think they call the monitor connected to the mother who is in labor, a "fetal monitor?"

Old 06-14-2013, 08:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It is rather pathetic because the whole thing about the conservative's desire to ban all abortions is very ugly and not really a defensible position.

So conservatives create this narrative in which, well pregnancy from rape just doesn't happen, then imply that if we left that loophole open, that women would lie and say they were raped just to get in an abortion.

This is how conservatives see other people. These kinds of perverse thoughts about other human beings are what guide many of their policy positions.

conservatives hate millions and millions of their fellow citizens. The proof of this hatred is there for anyone who pays attention.
Defending life is not a defensible position? Amazing.

Conservatives do not "hate millions and millions of their fellow citizens!" You say the "proof" is there. Where is it?

Of course Democrats are so lilly white. They only want to silence all conservatives and shut down their First Amendment rights via IRS harrasment etc.

I think it's time to realize that the Democrat Party is the Party of death and corruption. Republicans are still the Party of limited government (as the founders intended), life, and liberty.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:22 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Defending life is not a defensible position? Amazing.

Conservatives do not "hate millions and millions of their fellow citizens!" You say the "proof" is there. Where is it?

Of course Democrats are so lilly white. They only want to silence all conservatives and shut down their First Amendment rights via IRS harrasment etc.

I think it's time to realize that the Democrat Party is the Party of death and corruption. Republicans are still the Party of limited government (as the founders intended), life, and liberty.
Republicans the party of limited government? Ban personal rights over your own body, ban consenting adults form legal protections of marriage, etc.

Right.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:32 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:

Republicans are still the Party of limited government (as the
founders intended), life, and liberty.
So ironic, coming from a party that want's to deny the gays the right to marry and a woman's right to choose.

The party that under Reagan and Bush 1 and 2 expanded the government substantially and increased the deficit by trillions.

The party (judging just by the comments I have read on C-D) want to make christianity the national religion, and inter Muslims. The party (Allan West) that declared there are card-carrying communists in the democratic party with no proof--and yes, the GOP is just as guilty if they don't come out against this kind of crap. The party that allowed Michelle Bachmann to accuse a member of Hillary Clinton's staff of being a member of the Muslim Brotherhood without a shred of proof--and, yes, the GOP is just as guilty when they don't come out against this kind of crap.

The GOP wants liberty all right, as long as the liberty is for people they agree with and voted for them. PERSONAL Liberty...not so much.

The GOP has completely turned away from it's roots. The same roots that freed the slaves, that was instrumental in passing the voting rights act. The RWNJs have turned the Grand Old Party into nothing but a hyper conservative bunch of whackadoos. The sane in your party need to grow a collective pair and start denouncing this nonsense before they become a global joke.

So, please, take your conservative crap and spread it on your lawn, I hear it makes great fertilizer.

Last edited by carterstamp; 06-14-2013 at 09:25 AM..

Old 06-14-2013, 09:17 AM

910 posts, read 1,319,264 times
Quote:

Here's what you like to kill - a baby at 4 months after conception.
Ooh post more. It looks delicious. Maybe with some mango salsa and new potatoes.

Quote:
3 months.
Hmm...braised in its own juices. Some tarragon, clarified butter, chervil, and pearl onions. Pair it with some Gewürztraminer or maybe a flirty Malbec.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:22 AM

910 posts, read 1,319,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
So in your opinion, when is it to late to abort a child ?
Around the 42nd trimester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies