Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 04:49 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
If I go to the airport and get selected for a pat down, can I tell the 'agent' that while I look like a guy, I'm actually a woman under my clothes so that I could get a woman to pat me down instead?

I'm uncomfortable having a guy touch my undercarriage, but don't particularly mind when females do so.

I know this will be tough for many, but this is actually a serious question, what kind of rules are there surrounding transgender patdowns?
As someone who's been the "bad guy" in police training with male and female trainees, I can say with authority that you do not want women patting you down. "Gentle sex", it's to laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 04:56 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I was stuck in line at the Ft Lauderdale airport last year watching people pulled to the side for patdowns and I realized they are complete bs and a waste of time. Mothers with crying children were pulled aside for patdowns while men of obvious mid-east extraction strolled through unimpeded. It looks like the NSA/FBI can't spy on mosques and the TSA won't pat down muslims.

I feel safer.
But I thought everyone wants a prostate exam at boarding gates from a chunky federal retard.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:20 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Stupid way to get your jollies off.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:39 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
If I go to the airport and get selected for a pat down, can I tell the 'agent' that while I look like a guy, I'm actually a woman under my clothes so that I could get a woman to pat me down instead?

I'm uncomfortable having a guy touch my undercarriage, but don't particularly mind when females do so.

I know this will be tough for many, but this is actually a serious question, what kind of rules are there surrounding transgender patdowns?

If you act like the kind of smartass you may truly be, you might get pulled aside for a strip search and a full rectal probe! They can do this you know.

Who knows what you might have up the old Wazoo!

Old 06-14-2013, 09:28 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The searches are random and racial profiling is not allowed. I am sure that plenty of Muslims get patted down. Is there a reason that you think mothers with crying children should be excluded?
OBVIOUSLY, the terrorists have won.

Well-documented harassment of the elderly, infirm, handicapped, and yes, mothers with crying children is 99.999999% BS.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:15 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The searches are random and racial profiling is not allowed. I am sure that plenty of Muslims get patted down. Is there a reason that you think mothers with crying children should be excluded?
Well...just how many news stories can you link to where mothers with crying children of a non-middle eastern persuasion committed terrorist acts?

Old 06-15-2013, 01:35 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
LOL!
They're just checking to see if any passengers have hernias.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:49 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
I have an idea, why not ask the TSA instead of a bunch of strangers with no information? Presumably beforehand...not in line at the airport.

Or Google (note first bullet) Pat-Downs | Transportation Security Administration
Wondering if there's a travel forum on C-D.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:17 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post

Well-documented harassment of the elderly, infirm, handicapped, and yes, mothers with crying children is 99.999999% BS.
Unless it happens to you. My SO is disabled, and TSA treats him with high suspicion, after all, I guess an elderly blind veteran could potentially be a threat, that graphite cane could be a weapon. Built up diabetic shoes, obviously filled with explosives...his bag of batteries, medication, and adaptive equipment, looks like bomb making supplies.

Aside from him being blind, and almost stone deaf, which makes travel difficult enough...going thru TSA takes quadruple time. One time, the agent almost tackled him, he did not come when the TSA motioned him to go to a scanner, or hear him over the noise.

All I can say, the TSA agents need training, on working with people with disabilities.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:28 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,407,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post

And your proposed solution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies