Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 09:25 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,238 times

Advertisements

I bought some lemonade from a kids lemonade stand today.

Liberal logic:

I am a capitalist pig taking advantage of child labor.

I will die a slow death from dysentery, cholera and e coli due to lack of government inspection of the operations.

I drank a gateway beverage -- before you know it I'll be buying raw milk!

I'm exploiting children.

I'm a terrorist.

It's hard to believe I bought some non-government inspected homemade lemonade and no one, me or the seller, got hurt. We were even able to mutually agree on the size of the beverage and cost without federal interference. She wasn't in a union either. lols.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 09:27 PM

769 posts, read 1,007,331 times
Logic = This thread is ridiculously stupid and you, my friend, need a hobby.

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post

Liberal logic:

I will die a slow death from dysentery, cholera and e coli due to lack of government inspection of the operations.

I'm exploiting children.

I'm a terrorist.
Wow; do you really think this was called for?

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:

Liberal logic:

I'm exploiting children.

I'm a terrorist.
Did you check for their permit?

Old 06-17-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
Liberals are always telling us we can't depend on obtaining a good and safe product without government or union help.

I was pointing out the absurdity of their "thinking" as I did it today.

Millions of people interact everyday without government intervention everyday without injury or without anyone getting ripped off. I don't think liberals comprehend that.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
In before the lock of a dumb@ss thread.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
I think it's weird and creepy that the experience of going to a kiddie lemonade stand was impactful enough that he had to write about it later in the day.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Did you check for their permit?
No but as soon as the NSA gives a copy of this thread to the local authorities, the Swat team will shut down that insidious, treasonous stand down.

The girl selling it will be charged with tax evasion if there is any justice. LOL j/k

Old 06-17-2013, 09:36 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
Liberals are always telling us we can't depend on obtaining a good and safe product without government or union help.

I was pointing out the absurdity of their "thinking" as I did it today.

Millions of people interact everyday without government intervention everyday without injury or without anyone getting ripped off. I don't think liberals comprehend that.
While I agree that our government has hounded parents for their children to have permits for Lemonade stands, the way in which you're going about telling us is only going to lead to ridicule from other posters. But congratulations for getting lemonade from a lemonade stand, during my 21 years of life I've never even seen a lemonade stand set up by children. Who's to blame for that? It could be politics, or simply the lack of will to do so amongst the children of today.

Going back to my high and middle school days, our ways of going about business and earning profits were to purchase candy and sell it around the school. Everyone paid for it, including certain teachers who weren't against children selling it. No permits needed for that, but nonetheless it technically was illegal to do during school hours. Maybe because my school had a school store that sold candy which meant competition, or because someone could poison the candy.

Last edited by BMORE; 06-17-2013 at 09:44 PM..

Old 06-17-2013, 09:36 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:

Liberal logic:

I'm exploiting children.

I'm a terrorist.

It's hard to believe I bought some non-government inspected homemade lemonade and no one, me or the seller, got hurt. We were even able to mutually agree on the size of the beverage and cost without federal interference. She wasn't in a union either. lols.

was it over 16 onces ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies