Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 03:44 PM

90 posts, read 72,999 times

Advertisements

If you're a man and you're a loser, don't worry about it.

If you're a man, a winner, and you get married without a prenup, you're silly.

Marriage is a fraud.

"Our love means nothing without approval from the state, baby."

Old 06-19-2013, 03:44 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Damn women not staying barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. *shakes fist in anger*

Wait, I think OhioRules was talking about me. Sorry Cometclear, can't talk, I think I'm supposed to be crying into my pillow right now.
Wow, you people really need to read my post.

I didn't say a damn thing about women in the kitchen.

Learn some reading comprehension skills, Please!

Old 06-19-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Depends, it seems to me that on a regional level, the language has changed. These things happen. Like Americans and their soda pop.
Things change because people look for a reason to be offended.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:49 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Here is the article. I could not post the entire discussion on here

Interviewing Helen Smith On: “Men on Strike: Why Men Are Boycotting Marriage, Fatherhood, and the American Dream – and Why It Matters.” | Right Wing News

If a man came to you and he said, “Listen, I think marriage is great. There’s no downside to it.” What would you say to him? Not telling him not to do it, but maybe saying, “Have you thought about the other side of this?” What are some of the negatives for men in marriage that are making men less likely to marry?

Well, the first negatives are the legal ones. If man does get divorced, he’s much more likely to pay alimony. For example, about 97 percent of alimony is paid by men, only about 3 percent by women. Men tend to lose with their children more often. Only about 10 percent of men get custody of their children if there’s a divorce. In marriage, …if a man finds out a couple of years down the line that the child isn’t his, the state, in certain states — not most states — a man can be forced to pay for that child even though that child is not his. At the same time, if he wants a vasectomy — now this one is hard because it’s actually not on the books — but if a married man goes to a doctor and wants a vasectomy, most doctors in this country will not perform a vasectomy unless that man gets his wife to sign off.

…If he wants to leave the marriage, a woman can just point her finger and tell her lawyer that a man committed child abuse, domestic abuse — and a lot of times it’s just taken as a given. If a woman wants a restraining order against a man in a marriage, men most often are taken to jail when, you know, the woman calls the police. However, studies actually show that violence in domestic relations is almost 50% from men and 50% from women. If a woman gets angry for any reason, she can simply accuse a man and men are just assumed guilty in our society.
Men that waste time worrying about hypothetical worst case scenarios prior to getting married are not really marriage material to begin with.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Men that waste time worrying about hypothetical worst case scenarios prior to getting married are not really marriage material to begin with.
When 50% of marriage ends in divorce and the female wins every time when it comes to custody issues it aint all that hypothetical.

Especially when you've seen it happen numerous times to your friends.

Last edited by OhioRules; 06-19-2013 at 04:18 PM..

Old 06-19-2013, 03:54 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Female is a perfectly acceptable term for a woman.

Anyone that thinks it is misogynistic is a moron looking to be offended.
There's nothing disrespectful about calling someone a male or a female instead of a man or a woman.
I mean, cops do it all the time!

...Nevermind, I retract my statement.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
There's nothing disrespectful about calling someone a male or a female instead of a man or a woman.
I mean, cops do it all the time!

...Nevermind, I retract my statement.
I never call a man or woman a male or female in person as it sounds awkward.

But I see no problem describing someone as male or female since that is what they are.

I seriously never heard of anyone being offended by this. Goes to prove everyone needs something to whine about.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
And don't forget that she can just take your kids and move to Oregon and you can't stop her. You see them once a year but are still responsible for child support while some other dude is bangin' the ex,

Men know this. So the smart ones avoid marriage.

Besides, with ease of contraception these days Suzie just gives it away. Why get married when sex is not an extra benefit? And Suzie has to put out because if she doesn't Sally will. Women wanted the pill so they could mess around without consequences then they cry when people call them a ****. lols.
Wow, so much misogyny in just this one post it is hard to know where to start with a response. If you think that marriage was designed so that men could have sex on demand and assert complete control over women you were born in the wrong era. You need to take a time machine back to the 19th Century.

It seems that one of your complaints is that women can no longer be treated as a piece of property that you have complete control over. Even after a divorce, why do you think that a man should have a right to tell a woman where they can live and who they can have sex with?

What exactly are the appropriate consequences for a woman that has sex you don't approve of? Are we talking about a Biblical style stoning or is being forced to spend their entire lives married to an insecure misogynist good enough?

Old 06-19-2013, 04:08 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
I never call a man or woman a male or female in person as it sounds awkward.

But I see no problem describing someone as male or female since that is what they are.

I seriously never heard of anyone being offended by this. Goes to prove everyone needs something to whine about.
The only times I've even heard people use these terms (as nouns, and in reference to human beings) is when cops are describing a suspect, or from guys degrading women (as in rap music or that whole scene). But that's just my experience.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Wow, so much misogyny in just this one post it is hard to know where to start with a response. If you think that marriage was designed so that men could have sex on demand and assert complete control over women you were born in the wrong era. You need to take a time machine back to the 19th Century.

It seems that one of your complaints is that women can no longer be treated as a piece of property that you have complete control over. Even after a divorce, why do you think that a man should have a right to tell a woman where they can live and who they can have sex with?

What exactly are the appropriate consequences for a woman that has sex you don't approve of? Are we talking about a Biblical style stoning or is being forced to spend their entire lives married to an insecure misogynist good enough?
WTF are you talking about?

I never said marriage was about sex on demand. Or that men have complete control. I have no idea where you made that crap up.

I said that when a divorce happens the men have very little say in the raising of the children. If the woman wants to pick up the kids and move 2,000 miles away there is nothing the man can do about it. Men know this, which I believe is a valid reason for not getting married in the first place for many males.

And your last paragraph is the dopiest thing I ever read. Congratulations.

Your post is so airtight, it died of asphyxiation.

You people are just looking for anything to use the word misogyny. It makes you feel better to pretend all men are out to get women. YAWN.

P.S. I aint complaining about anything. I could care less who has sex with whom or how many people. I'm listing a few reasons why men don't find marriage all that attractive. You are looking for a reason to be offended and when it aint there you will just make some crap up to be upset about.

Good Day, Madam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies