Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2013, 11:15 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
But they are not going to test for that, that is my point.
Shrug. So what. One is a legal drug and the others are not. Until alcohol is illegal people have a right to consume it. They don't have the right to consume illegal drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 11:17 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Well, at my workplace it's usually more than 40, as it's shift work (nursing home) and there is a sign up sheet for extra shifts that is always full....the women I know in this situation of needing help are moms who have deadbeat dads for ex-husbands a lot of the time. Not many people have unlimited child care resources to watch them all week and on weekends, too. Many are also going to school part time in order to try to give themselves and their kids a better life. Now you want them to quit school so they can spend that time picking up trash alongside criminals on the side of the road...and that will somehow equal a stronger American future?
How many of these women actually have ex husbands and how many were never married?

The "single mom" is draining this country.

I recently witnessed a conversation in the supermarket line. A woman telling a worker who she knew that she was pregnant again(no wedding ring) while the boyfriend stood next to her. Wonderful, you already have one kid you can't afford, and yes they used an EBT card to pay.

The reason they don't get married is they get more assistance that way.

I have no issue with someone who falls on hard times getting help, I do take issue with women who get knocked up and have kids they can't afford and expect the govt to support them.

3,617 posts, read 1,822,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This thread is filled with post that cry some things cant be done. The fact that versions of workfare has worked in the past and that it it would shut many mouths about handouts. You work for it, you earned it, that means it isn't a handout.
Make the projects meaningful. Cleanup parks, roads, rivers. All need to be done and all make the community a better place.
They work full time jobs. A lot of us do, but yet have time to put in time in volunteer work. Have time to go do a lot of things.
I don't know a single dairy farmer who doesn't work 80+ hour weeks.
My friend has a welding shop. He never works less than 60 hour weeks.
My young friend almost a son to me works 2 full time jobs as a mechanic on one and welder else where. He has 2 kids. He isn't on welfare and is saving for his kids future.
There is time for people to do workfare.

Amen!!!

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The testing will cost as much as the stamps. Where do we find the money for all this?
Very good point.

Many of the people on food stamps are children. Are they going to test them too?

The U.S. has clearly gone insane. This bill hasn't passed yet, and I hope it doesn't.

The GOP isn't going to be happy until people are literally starving in the streets. There is no amount of suffering they avoid for others, as long as its not the suffering of rich white men.

This is whom the American people voted into office---people who literally want to starve families?

The U.S. cannot succeed if it turns its back on the poor and less fortunate. Whatever happened to caring about all Americans?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:18 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I have no issue with someone who falls on hard times getting help, I do take issue with women who get knocked up and have kids they can't afford and expect the govt to support them.
I think most people would agree with you. Problem is, first, define "hard times." How hard? How much time?

Second, what do you propose we do about people having children they can't support?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
How many of these women actually have ex husbands and how many were never married?

The "single mom" is draining this country.

I recently witnessed a conversation in the supermarket line. A woman telling a worker who she knew that she was pregnant again(no wedding ring) while the boyfriend stood next to her. Wonderful, you already have one kid you can't afford, and yes they used an EBT card to pay.

The reason they don't get married is they get more assistance that way.

The single mom is not draining this country. Rich old fat privileged white men are draining this country of its wealth and its very purpose so that they can place more of that wealth in the hands of the top 1 %.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:20 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I think most people would agree with you. Problem is, first, define "hard times." How hard? How much time?

Second, what do you propose we do about people having children they can't support?
use the liberal solution....eugentics

Old 06-20-2013, 11:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Very good point.

Many of the people on food stamps are children. Are they going to test them too?
That's another question mark to this idea. If the mother has a substance abuse problem, should that mean the kids should not receive food stamps either?

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Very good point.

The U.S. has clearly gone insane. This bill hasn't passed yet, and I hope it doesn't.

The GOP isn't going to be happy until people are literally starving in the streets. There is no amount of suffering they avoid for others, as long as its not the suffering of rich white men.

This is whom the American people voted into office---people who literally want to starve families?

The U.S. cannot succeed if it turns its back on the poor and less fortunate. Whatever happened to caring about all Americans?
What a crcok of crap.....

The GOP only want to remove the abusers of the system, you know, those guys running around with the obama phones selling them for crack....why do you support the abuse of the system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post

Well one thing you don't do is starve those children. They could easily cut unnecessary farm subsidies to save money; they don't need to do it on the backs of the most vulnerable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies