Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 04:56 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Agreed!
Do you agree with whogo that Zimmerman will be found not guilty?

Old 06-26-2013, 05:00 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
She's getting pissed. *lol*

Did I understand her correctly when I heard her ask the attorney, "Are you listening?"

I thought I heard that at least two times.
Yes, I heard that! You go girl!

She also was finished with answering a question, and said to the defense attorney, 'OK, you go'.

LOL She's got game!!

Old 06-26-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You're seeing this through a lens of bias. I see a defense attorney doing the same thing defense attorneys do. They get the witness to talk unsolicited in hopes of catching that person in a lie and be careless with their words.
I usually work on legal teams for defense lawyers and have a very strong defense bias. I'm well aware of their techniques. Getting this particular witness to talk "unsolicited" is not going to help them. She does not have an agenda. She's not "out to get" Zimmerman. All she cares about is her friend is dead and that's the end of that. I'm thinking people from her background (born into a Haitian family in Miami) she is not all that impressed with our court system nor believes much in "revenge" via the courts. She doesn't want to be there, and she is coming across as very authentic, IMO. Again, I don't think the "usual" defense attorney tactics worked very well with her today.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:05 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I usually work on legal teams for defense lawyers and have a very strong defense bias. I'm well aware of their techniques. Getting this particular witness to talk "unsolicited" is not going to help them. She does not have an agenda. She's not "out to get" Zimmerman. All she cares about is her friend is dead and that's the end of that. I'm thinking people from her background (born into a Haitian family in Miami) she is not all that impressed with our court system nor believes much in "revenge" via the courts. She doesn't want to be there, and she is coming across as very authentic, IMO. Again, I don't think the "usual" defense attorney tactics worked very well with her today.
Sure, she isnt out to get Zimmerman. When she gave a different account of it being Martin's voice before. But, wait, we should really, really believe her now.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:08 PM

And one of the States witnesses say they saw Martin on top of Zimmerman. That helps Zimmerman

Old 06-26-2013, 05:12 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yes, I heard that! You go girl!

She also was finished with answering a question, and said to the defense attorney, 'OK, you go'.

LOL She's got game!!
'You go girl' and 'she got game' ?

I see a reality show in her future. Or a fate similar to tm or gz.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:12 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,515 times
Quote:
She's agitated, and unable to focus. I agree, the usual tactics are not effective. But as a Friend? While on the phone with Trayvon, she was headed to do her hair. That's when Bluetooth came up. Could be just the way she is, little emotion, except for seeing the body. She did have some very solid moments when she concentrated, and defense allowed her to score goals in an empty net.

I hope it's not as confrontational tomorrow.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
But it is a legal technique that can be effective. If she is caught lying in her testimony, the defense can ask the judge to instruct the jury to disregard all of her testimony and would likely get that granted.
Wow! I've never heard of that, nor have I ever heard a Judge in Florida instruct a jury to ignore ALL of a witness's testimony because an attorney was able to impeach them on one thing. I don't believe that's the law in Florida. Can you give me a cite for that? I'd really like to learn more about it. Seriously. If what you're saying is true, then if Zimmerman takes the stand, he's in bigger trouble than I thought. I think the State can impeach him in about 2 seconds.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
'You go girl' and 'she got game' ?

I see a reality show in her future. Or a fate similar to tm or gz.
Sad when being rude in court is now a sign of greatness by some.....

Her time isnt over either, as she returns tomorrow. Her "what?" response, I suppose some loved that one too. She may be young but shes an adult. Show some damn respect while in court. This isnt your twitter account lady, grow up.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:15 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Wow! I've never heard of that, nor have I ever heard a Judge in Florida instruct a jury to ignore ALL of a witness's testimony because an attorney was able to impeach them on one thing. I don't believe that's the law in Florida. Can you give me a cite for that? I'd really like to learn more about it. Seriously. If what you're saying is true, then if Zimmerman takes the stand, he's in bigger trouble than I thought. I think the State can impeach him in about 2 seconds.
I will have to plead on this one. This was per a legal expert on MSNBC today. So, I do not know this to be 100% accurate. So, it could be wrong - it just happened to come up at the exact same time I was watching it and she said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies