Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 11:40 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
No I didn't emphasize the wrong part of anything, you'll comprehend it eventually.

Try sell your perpetual victim mentality to someone else because I'm not buying it Holmes.
Who is Holmes?

My screen name is Desertdetroiter.

And I've never been a victim and to the extent that I could've or would've been, it certainly couldn't have been you doing the victimizing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Exactly what is the reason that everything is about race to you libs anyway?
Truth...I'm telling it. Conservatives supported Apartheid. That's just the reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 11:42 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,445,051 times
Conservatives have been referring to Nelson Mandela as a terrorist. He wasn't a terrorist-- He exercised the right to bear arms that we Americans hold dear, and militarized the ANC after non-violence was met with brutality by the apartheid government. They attacked infrastructure which is sabotage not terrorism.

It wasn't until 2 decades after Mandela was imprisoned that Umkhonto we Sizwe bombed civilians

Armed revolt isn't terrorism. If Nelson Mandela was a terrorist, so was George Washington.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
If they have US citizenship you are an American.
Yes but their Cuban identity is what made them protest Mandela in Miami --- not their Americanness which counts only for the nice easy life they have here. You cannot judge Americans or claim Americans protested because a bunch of Miami Cubans protested him.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
malamute, your thoughts on your fellow conservatives and the poor response towards mandela? fair to group all conservatives the way the majority are responding on here?
Poor response? He's a leader of another country is all --- we don't worship the president of Spain or Italy, there is nothing special about South Africa. It's more ho-hum I think of a response.

Really why is the death of Mandela such a big deal? He was quite old for one, sick for a long time, his days were over. Just like Hugo Chavez and soon Fidel Castro.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes but their Cuban identity is what made them protest Mandela in Miami --- not their Americanness which counts only for the nice easy life they have here. You cannot judge Americans or claim Americans protested because a bunch of Miami Cubans protested him.
Come on Mal...these were Conservative Republican Americans. You can't turn them into Cubans for convenience in an argument.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Poor response? He's a leader of another country is all --- we don't worship the president of Spain or Italy, there is nothing special about South Africa. It's more ho-hum I think of a response.

Really why is the death of Mandela such a big deal? He was quite old for one, sick for a long time, his days were over. Just like Hugo Chavez and soon Fidel Castro.
You guys sure as hell worship Netanyahu. And I mean that literally.

Sometimes I think conservatives genuflect at his image when no one is looking.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:54 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Really why is the death of Mandela such a big deal?

Old 12-06-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Come on Mal...these were Conservative Republican Americans. You can't turn them into Cubans for convenience in an argument.
They weren't protesting Mandela because they are heartland Americans -- their protests had to do with their own cultural attitudes and ties.

Did a group of long-time patriotic Americans ever protest a Mandela visit? Did some Miami Cubans? Yes, but for reasons of their own.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
You guys sure as hell worship Netanyahu. And I mean that literally.

Sometimes I think conservatives genuflect at his image when no one is looking.
And look how poorly liberals behaved after Margaret Thatcher's death -- and that is a country with a lot closer ties to the USA than South Africa.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:57 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
And I've never been a victim....
You should try not living the life of one then, it's amazing how free you would feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies