Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 03:44 AM

545 posts, read 400,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Let's not forget that many, many men are just fine with the decision to abort.....and avoiding 18 years of child support.

And, let's not forget, that once a child is born....the woman has the same legal obligations for that child as the man does.

Biology precludes reproductive rights from being 50/50....100% "even Steven".

For those of you who believe.....you should take that up with your god.

If life was fair.....men would have periods, hot flashes and the ability to birth offspring. Funny....don't hear any of you guys complaining about missing out on all of that. I just hear you complaining about not getting to call all the shots.
Yes, many men are ok with abortion...who said otherwise?....what was your point?.

And yes. both parents have legal obligations. No one on this thread argued any different. Again, Your point?

So it's okay to throw out God when it's convenient but any other time, God can go pound sand....Gotcha.

And your "reproductive rights" involves my wallet but not me. Figures.

We are talking about having equal say in babies here, the act of procreation, and whether or not fathers are more then just their wallets when it comes to whether or not their kid even gets to live. Not sure what that has to do with hormonal differences between the sexes. But anyways that is the is the thing. Many of us recognize that life isn't fair. It is your side that keeps trying to make things fair. It isn't fun anymore when you have your rules thrown back at you now is it? But you placed that cool smiley face at the end so I guess that makes up for whatever it is were trying to say.

Last edited by EricGold; 07-02-2013 at 04:18 AM..

Old 07-02-2013, 03:44 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
If she don't want to risk getting pregnant, she should not be spreading her legs. It's simple really. But why is it the "choice" crowd doesn't want any responsibility for bad choices ?
If abortion were preformed for only those that can't keep their legs closed, you might have a point...But abortions are performed for a whole variety of reasons other than your concern...so we have to consider all the other reasons abortion is legal and leave Your concerns out of the discussion.

The choice is not in whether to have sex, it is in the woman's choice to plan her family. You have as much right to hold a woman's legs closed as you do in planning her family choices...comrade.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:35 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
Yes, many men are ok with abortion...who said otherwise?....what was your point?.

My point? So many men here acting as if only women benefit from abortion.....and that is hardly the case.

And yes. both parents have legal obligations. No one on this thread argued any different. Again, Your point?

My point? So many men here behaving as if they are the only ones who are held financially responsible for their children.....when that is simply not true.

So it's okay to throw out God when it's convenient but any other time, God can go pound sand....Gotcha.

Excuse me! I guess I should have included Mother Nature. Happy now?

And your "reproductive rights" involves my wallet but not me. Figures.

In other words....abortion is just fine....as long as the man gets to make the choice. Got it.

Ah, but that is the thing. Many of us recognize that life isn't fair. It is your side that keeps trying to make things fair. It isn't fun anymore when you have your rules thrown back at you now is it?
Apparently, many men here don't recognize that life isn't fair. Sorry....you can't get pregnant.....so you don't get to make the abortion decision. Not your body....not your choice.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Apparently, many men here don't recognize that life isn't fair. Sorry....you can't get pregnant.....so you don't get to make the abortion decision. Not your body....not your choice.
Quote:
My point? So many men here acting as if only women benefit from abortion.....and that is hardly the case.
No one here is arguing over who gets to benefit from abortion, we are arguing over the rights of the father and the baby itself and the overall hypocrisy that comes with this clusterfu*k of an issue.

Quote:
My point? So many men here behaving as if they are the only ones who are held financially responsible for their children.....when that is simply not true.
Yeah, but men can't get out of their financially responsibility via abortion like woman and walk away "empowered".

Quote:
"In other words....abortion is just fine....as long as the man gets to make the choice. Got it."
In other words, the fetus isn't a baby until the woman says so, until then it's just a "clump of cells" and the father can go pound sand. Until it's time for child support that is.

Quote:
"Apparently, many men here don't recognize that life isn't fair. Sorry....you can't get pregnant.....so you don't get to make the abortion decision. Not your body....not your choice."
Oh, I am very pro-choice...But I can see some hypocrisy in this and fail to see how it's your choice all the way until the baby is born. Then it's my wallet. Again, She can abort at whatever whim she has and feel "empowered" about it. But if he wants to severe financial ties, because the state is taking half his check and leaving him with nothing to live on, then he is a deadbeat (again, rightfully so). Your body, leave my wallet out of it then.

And we do recognize life isn't fair, again, it's your side that keeps trying to make it "fair" but as this thread proves, only when it's convenient.

Last edited by EricGold; 07-02-2013 at 05:05 AM..

Old 07-02-2013, 05:24 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
No one here is arguing over who gets to benefit from abortion, we are arguing over the rights of the father and the baby itself and the overall hypocrisy that comes with this clusterfu*k of an issue.

Yeah, but men can't get out of their financially responsibility via abortion like woman and walk away "empowered".

In other words, the fetus isn't a baby until the woman says so, until then it's just a "clump of cells" and the father can go pound sand. Until it's time for child support that is.

Oh I am very pro-choice...But I can see some hypocrisy in this and fail to see how it's your choice all the way until the baby is born. Then it's my wallet. Again, She can abort at whatever whim she has and feel "empowered" about it. But if he wants to severe financial ties, because the state is taking half his check and leaving him with nothing to live on. then he is a deadbeat (again, rightfully so). Your body, leave my wallet out of it then.

And we do recognize life isn't fair, again, it's your side that keeps trying to make it "fair" but as this thread proves, only when it's convenient.
Well....it looks like you don't realize life isn't fair to me. Your post proves that.

Do you think women walk away Scott-free when they abort? Don't you realize that the abortion procedure is a decidedly unpleasant, painful procedure? What should we do to make that fair? Figure out some way to make the man physically suffer too?

Seems to me.....if men are so concerned about being held responsible for a child they did not want.....they should be pressing the "powers that be" to get busy and perfect some type of BC pill for men.....instead of bemoaning the fact that they can't have an abortion.

And.....please tell me....what is fair about a man wanting to walk away and dumping the responsibility for his child on the taxpayers.....who had absolutely nothing to do with creating that child?

You do realize, don't you....that if you get your wish, and men can just walk away.....YOUR taxes are going to go up to pay for other men's mistakes......even though you, yourself, have been very careful not to have impregnated a woman accidently.

As it stands now....you do have control over your wallet.....by being extremely careful sexually......and you want to exchange that for being financially responsible for what careless men do?

How logical is that?

Old 07-02-2013, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Well....it looks like you don't realize life isn't fair to me. Your post proves that.

Do you think women walk away Scott-free when they abort? Don't you realize that the abortion procedure is a decidedly unpleasant, painful procedure? What should we do to make that fair? Figure out some way to make the man physically suffer too?

Seems to me.....if men are so concerned about being held responsible for a child they did not want.....they should be pressing the "powers that be" to get busy and perfect some type of BC pill for men.....instead of bemoaning the fact that they can't have an abortion.

And.....please tell me....what is fair about a man wanting to walk away and dumping the responsibility for his child on the taxpayers.....who had absolutely nothing to do with creating that child?

You do realize, don't you....that if you get your wish, and men can just walk away.....YOUR taxes are going to go up to pay for other men's mistakes......even though you, yourself, have been very careful not to have impregnated a woman accidently.

As it stands now....you do have control over your wallet.....by being extremely careful sexually......and you want to exchange that for being financially responsible for what careless men do?

How logical is that?
Oh, I am aware life isn't fair...but it isn't my side trying to push income redistribution, affirmative action, etc, etc and trying to make the world "fair". that is your side. I am pro-choice but still can see the hypocrisy in this, something I have said repeatedly and yet you seem to be unable or unwilling to see.

If abortion were so horrific then wouldn't they themselves take the greatest caution against it, instead, half of them go back for another one :
"About half of all U.S. women having an abortion have had one previously. This fact—not new, but dramatically underscored in a recent report from the Guttmacher Institute on the characteristics of women having repeat abortion".

You would think that since it's such a terrible experience women would pull all the stops to make sure they won't need one and we wouldn't be talking about this issue so much for abortions would be very rare. And please, don't start with the "birth control fails" nonesense, we know it does but nowhere near as much as you people are portraying, otherwise half the damn birth control industry would be plagued with lawsuits.

The same can be said about women. Instead of wanting abortions on demand that can push for a more perfect birth control for them.

And what is fair about a man having his child aborted for whatever whim the woman has?

And there it is ...right there, "do it my way or you will suffer"...Heard the same thing on economic boards. "Give me my abortions or you will get taxed out the nose". Whatever happened to "those poor women are gonna go to back alleys with coat hangers if they can't get their abortions" Now my taxes are gonna go up...That's a new one.

Why would my taxes go up?...I thought single moms were all the rage now and for a long time feminists been telling me "they don't need no man". Instead of raising my taxes, how about you keep your legs closed or pick better mates, or being financially sound yourself, instead of demanding the state and taxpayer pay for your bad choices, but like this and many other fanatical leftwing causes, it's all about having your cake and eating it too.

And as it stands, you can abort your heart out, but you want to be told how "empowered" you are for exercising your "reproductive rights" and not hear anything that might be negative about it.

Last edited by EricGold; 07-02-2013 at 06:33 AM..

Old 07-02-2013, 06:05 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
I don't know what pseudo-intellectual crap you are babbling about but that didn't address a single thing I said.

Moving the goalpost and changing the subject isn't gonna fly.
No you are the fool that is whining that women get the "right" to choose and then whine about the choice she may make making you responsible.

Women are not our sex toys. You can buy a vagina at a sex shop and it will not sue you for babies or get pregnant. There are of course blow up dolls that will yield to your every wish and whim. Best stick with those until you can fathom out women are not your walking uterus and vaginas.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
No you are the fool that is whining that women get the "right" to choose and then whine about the choice she may make making you responsible.

Women are not our sex toys. You can buy a vagina at a sex shop and it will not sue you for babies or get pregnant. There are of course blow up dolls that will yield to your every wish and whim. Best stick with those until you can fathom out women are not your walking uterus and vaginas.
LOL....now you are talking about sex toys?....Again, keep that loony crap to yourself. I have no problem with engaging with someone like Annie53, she at least tries to argue with some coherence. You on the other hand are just spouting nonesnese. Not worth the effort.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:14 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
LOL....now you are talking about sex toys?....Again, keep that loony crap to yourself. I have no problem with engaging with someone like Annie53, she at least tries to argue with some coherence. You on the other hand are just spouting nonesnese. Not worth the effort.
Yeah I guess someone with reading comprehension as bad as you also does not deserve the effort. I tried to be polite but yeah I can give as good as you think you can give.

Read, you might learn something.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:16 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
So Abortion does cause Breast Cancer? Can you point us to a credible study that proves this, as this is one of the claims that the BILL says that doctors must tell their women patients who are looking to have an aboriton?

Point to a single lie that I've posted.

You have however, lied in your very first of this thread (abortion stops a beating heart).
Don't worry Arus, Harrier has never demonstrated the ability to prove anything he writes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies