Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 11:52 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Maybe not more guilty, but it is a little strange. It's like he's playing cop or fantasizing about being one. Most civilians don't think with those terms, therefore they wouldn't use them outloud. This is what makes me think that there is a possibility that he will do this again if he is not convicted. He seems to think it's his duty to protect and serve as neighborhood watch, rather than to watch and report.
"Fantasizing about being a cop" totally subjective.

Maybe he just hated seeing houses in his neighborhood being broken into...??

Does that seem more feasible? Or no, must we dig for the most Freudian explanation possible?

Old 07-01-2013, 11:52 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Only they would know. If they were people of principle...they would skip a civil trial in the event GZ is acquitted. Let's see how that unfolds.
Florida Law prohibits civil action against Zimmerman if he is aquitted.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:55 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Prosecution might have made a mistake by having the officer read his written account of events. The jury just heard
GZ's testimony, now he doesn't have to take the stand for sure.
There isn't anyway the report wasn't going to be entered into evidence so it certainly wasn't a mistake on the part of the prosecution.

Zimmerman has never had to take the stand just to have his side(s) of the story entered into record.

1,122 posts, read 3,505,885 times
Although I was one of those who were originally outraged that Zimmerman had not been arrested for killing Trayvon the more I learn about the other side of the story and the irrefutable evidence I'm becoming more convinced that the Sanford PD did nothing wrong when they chose to release Zimmerman the night of the killing and not to prosecute him. This looks like clear self defense to me, Stand Your Ground laws or not.
Obviously Zimmerman did profile Martin and did follow him. I can't see how that would make the shooting any less self defense though. It's really just a huge tragedy for everyone involved.

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
There was NO WAY, in Zimmerman's limited mental capability, that he would have any reason to believe a gunshot wound to a person's heart would result in a death.
So you are saying GZ got down and did a compete medical examination on TM, so he was aware where the bullet travels? I didn't realize...

Old 07-01-2013, 11:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:

Does that seem more feasible? Or no, must we dig for the most Freudian explanation possible?
Oh, was a house being broken into at the time he pulled the trigger?

Old 07-01-2013, 11:59 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
They are defending him on the basis of SYG... nothing needs to be said. It is understood that this is the defacto argument.

No, they are claiming self-defense.

As I posted earlier, if zimmerman wanted to use SYG as a defense, the burden of proof would be ON HIM.

His lawyers obviously didn't feel very confident about that.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:02 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
I think most self appointed Vigilantes school themselves on "official" police vernacular. You know, must complete the image and all.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:03 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Witness just stated that GZ didn't know the name of "the victim" and that he didn't even know he was dead at the time he wrote the statement.
Well, there's another lie of zimmerman's.

He took great pains to make sure his hand was not going to be in the way when he shot Trayvon. Maybe that was the same hand that was holding onto Trayvon to make sure he couldn't get away? The way he described it, he had all the time in the world to make the perfect shot.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:05 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:

Maybe, and while you're telling me what might have been on George Zimmerman's mind, be sure to tell the Zimmerman supporters who still think Trayvon was casing houses, based on his school suspension that MAYBE he was just walking back from 7-11 talking on the phone, minding his own business. Does that seem more feasible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies