Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

The latest witness and line of questioning brings out one of the first real discrepencies in Zs statement. Z said that AFTER he shot, he rolled M over and spread his hands. OK, that could be possible. But given that he was armed, that would mean that he either had his gun still in his hand, or else had holstered it. Doesn't make sense to be handling an attackers hands with a gun in your own hand right by your attackers hands. Would make it too easy for him to take. And he also stated that he didn't holster his firearm until he saw either the approaching officer, or at least his flashlight.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:29 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You haven't seen the hundreds pf posts about gz stalking his prey.

Many of the same people who persist in saying gz 'onfronted' tm.
I'm sure I've used the word "stalk" and I do believe GZ confronted TM, but I don't think he started following him with the intent to kill him. I believe he just wanted to catch him. He wanted to be a hero - catch the bad guy. The thing is, Trayvon Martin was doing nothing wrong.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:32 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The latest witness and line of questioning brings out one of the first real discrepencies in Zs statement. Z said that AFTER he shot, he rolled M over and spread his hands. OK, that could be possible. But given that he was armed, that would mean that he either had his gun still in his hand, or else had holstered it. Doesn't make sense to be handling an attackers hands with a gun in your own hand right by your attackers hands. Would make it too easy for him to take. And he also stated that he didn't holster his firearm until he saw either the approaching officer, or at least his flashlight.
Exactly and at that time he didn't know that Martin was dead (per GZ) so why would he holster his gun?

Old 07-02-2013, 10:32 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Yeah, but the neighbor testified that the "lighter skinned guy" was on bottom and there were "downward striking motions" and GZ had lacerations on his head as well as swelling. Any law school graduates can paint the rest of the picture for a jury. I'm more interested in what the ME is going to say. They should be able to tell if the gun was fired at point blank range from the ground or standing up from a few feet away like some posters claim.
When they get to the FDLE ballistics lady, her report said it was a 'contact shot.' The ME said 'intermediate range'; maybe he'll be more precise in court. Anyone still hoping the shot was from feet away is engaged in wishful thinking.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I'm sure I've used the word "stalk" and I do believe GZ confronted TM, but I don't think he started following him with the intent to kill him. I believe he just wanted to catch him. He wanted to be a hero - catch the bad guy. The thing is, Trayvon Martin was doing nothing wrong.
I agree!

Old 07-02-2013, 10:33 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times
Quote:
Who believes that he wanted to kill Trayvon Martin from the time he got out if the car? I certainly don't think he started out with that intent, but he had no business following or confronting him.
He obviously believed he had "license" to follow and confront.

Gunner's license.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:36 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Fine, I'm not going to look for the many posts that say it was murder 1, that gz set out to kill one of those fap's who always get away.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:37 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Does this bug anyone else because it sure bugs me. Why would you touch the body of the guy you shot unless you were going to perform some tyope of CPR. GZ claims to not have known that TM was dead, but yet we know that he did not attempt to examine and revive him...so why did he touch him? I don't buy his checking for a brick used as a weapon BS. You are the one armed. You back away with your eyes on the guy on the ground until police arrive. I have been chalking most of his action up to stupidity, but I cannot imagine this level of it. Neighborhood Watch Guy??? I would not trust him to mow a lawn.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:39 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times
Seems plausible that gz wanted to reestablish a visual on tm so that he could tell the police that were on the way exactly where tm was. Thats why he asked dispatch to have police call him when they arrive. If tm would have just kept going, gz would have never seen him again.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Does this bug anyone else because it sure bugs me. Why would you touch the body of the guy you shot unless you were going to perform some tyope of CPR. GZ claims to not have known that TM was dead, but yet we know that he did not attempt to examine and revive him...so why did he touch him? I don't buy his checking for a brick used as a weapon BS. You are the one armed. You back away with your eyes on the guy on the ground until police arrive. I have been chalking most of his action up to stupidity, but I cannot imagine this level of it. Neighborhood Watch Guy??? I would not trust him to mow a lawn.
I never understood that either. He knew he had the gun and if Martin was still alive he would have also so why move him. Doesn't make sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies