Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 09:38 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The civil rights at was legislation.

criminal charges aren't supposed to be a result of demonstrations and protests.
the CHARGES were NOT made as a result of demonstrations and protests. A new investigation was the result of demonstrations and protests. The new investigation resulted in charges being filed.

And you think that demonstrations and protests had nothing to do with passing legislation???

Old 07-04-2013, 09:41 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
If it is true that on the night in question that Martin in fact did attack Zimmerman, then in your mind is he still such a "not guilty" teen? If he is my teen, he is guilty and faces my judgement. I think if he were your teen, you as a reasonable and responsible adult would have punished his behavior as well. Perhaps if his parents had more involvement in his life, and took their son under control, we wouldn't be having this discussion and young Mr. Martin would still be alive today...
Of the few facts we know about this case, one is this:

Zimmerman saw Trayvon and reported him to the police. Zimmerman saw Trayvon as a threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, much has been posted, including links, in the past 16 1/2 months (did I do the math right this time?) since the shooting happened. Someone who has just joined the discussion will invariably ask for a link about something, and not only have links been posted in previous threads, it can be very hard to retrieve a link from over a year ago, especially when there's been so much news about this case. The CD search engine isn't always helpful either, for the same reason.

However, I do agree that when a thread degenerates into people posting pictures of a dead Trayvon lying on the ground, such as happened in the last thread, it's time to close.
This being a prime example of the bold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Has anyone been able to find the crime stats prior to and following the shooting of Trayvon Martin? There were a number of home burglaries in the community with a young black male being suspected by witnesses, how many have taken place since Trayvon was eliminated from the community?
Links about this topic have been posted many, many times. Although I'm not a fan of the snarky "Google is your friend" meme, I think this is a time it applies.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
The point was that had TM been white there would not have been demonstrations, and the findings of the investigators would not have been challenged. There would not have been a special prosecutor. I am simply saying this is about race.
You have no way of knowing that there would not have been protests and demonstrations by white people if the victim had been white and the actions of the SPD had been the same. Why do you think white parents would have been silent if they believed that the investigation was going nowhere and they had been told, as Martin's parents were told, that the shooter was a "squeaky clean"? But then maybe we white people are a little bit lazy about the appearance of injustice.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:44 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
the CHARGES were NOT made as a result of demonstrations and protests. A new investigation was the result of demonstrations and protests. The new investigation resulted in charges being filed.

And you think that demonstrations and protests had nothing to do with passing legislation???
Charges that at this point seem unsubstantiated by the evidence that has come forward.. Ask yourself honestly. Would you have brought this case to court with the evidence that has to this point been presented?

Old 07-04-2013, 09:46 AM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Charges that at this point seem unsubstantiated by the evidence that has come forward.. Ask yourself honestly. Would you have brought this case to court with the evidence that has to this point been presented?
yes a kid, unarmed with only a bag of skittles and an ice tea was shot dead through the heart.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Bunk.
My, that was eloquent.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:51 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,845,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
yes a kid, unarmed with only a bag of skittles and an ice tea was shot dead through the heart.
Check back a couple of pages to see what he was going to do with the Skittles and the Watermelon drink.

Also this information is interesting. I had almost forgotten about it, from over a year ago.
Interesting Development – Trayvon Martin Quid Pro Quo at the 7-11? Update – Confirmed

Quote:
Interesting from the article - The hands-free phone ear buds were in his pocket when he was shot, as was the button he was wearing.

Didn't DeeDee say the ear phones were on him and fell to the ground during the altercation?

Last edited by Pressing-On; 07-04-2013 at 10:03 AM..

Old 07-04-2013, 09:53 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Zimmerman, after shooting TM point blank in the heart, claimed he didn't know TM was dead! Is Zimmerman lying or an idiot?
Both.

Zimmerman's account of pushing TM off of him and spreading his arms apart doesn't add up with Trayvon Martin being found dead, on his stomach with his hands/arms under his own body. Obviously GZ is a LIAR.

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Why would you not put the testimony and accounts of what transpired by Zimmerman, who has lied many times, to the ultimate test? Are you kidding?

5,064 posts, read 5,731,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I know! It's hard for the non-RWNJs to realize this Judge knows waaaay too much about the law.
The judge who's been demoted to divorce court and has been overturned at least twice in the last month? In one of the decisions, the appeals court chastised her for not even understanding plain language statues. And had to remind her that the jury, not the judge, are the ones who weigh the evidence. Yeah, she's quite the legal eagle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies