Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 10:06 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,419,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Because if you try someone before you have enough evidence to convict they walk away free. It is better to wait until you have sufficient evidence or do not go to trial.
The State has steadily and methodically put on evidence of Zimmerman's lies. That's their evidence. Just because you disagree doesn't mean there is no case.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:09 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,853,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's really hard to take someone seriously when they insist on calling the can of Arizona ice tea that a black kid was carrying around a "watermelon drink." Yes, the company makes a watermelon flavored ice tea but I doubt if this case involved the shooting of a white boy you'd continue to try to interject that flavor choice into the conversation. You're just trying to push hot buttons by doing so.
Listen, it is simply part of what could come into question. Apparently, the forum (linked) commenting on the "lean" substantiates that fact. Why overlook it?

8,091 posts, read 5,921,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's really hard to take someone seriously when they insist on calling the can of Arizona ice tea that a black kid was carrying around a "watermelon drink." Yes, the company makes a watermelon flavored ice tea but I doubt if this case involved the shooting of a white boy you'd continue to try to interject that flavor choice into the conversation. You're just trying to push hot buttons by doing so.
You're being ridiculous...it wasn't iced tea...it was watermelon juice. Not watermelon flavored iced tea...actual watermelon drink.

So...should people refrain from facts? I mean this isn't even PC this is simply trying to neuter somebody...

5,064 posts, read 5,740,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Is that testimony I missed? I had a meeting this afternoon. Did they call the ME that did the autopsy to the stand?
No, you didn't miss testimony.

Here's what the toxicologist said about the drug levels:

Quote:
According to West's three-page response, a state toxicologist, Dr. Bruce Goldberger, determined that the amount of marijuana in Trayvon's system was enough to cause some impairment, although not enough to get him arrested for DUI, had he been behind the wheel of a car.
Trayvon may have used marijuana a couple of hours before his death or longer if he were an occasional or regular user, West quoted Goldberger as saying.
Defense attorneys: Jurors at George Zimmerman trial should hear about Trayvon's pot use - Orlando Sentinel

The prosecution is trying to keep out the toxicology reports. They are not calling the toxicologist, just the ME. The judge did not allow information about the drugs to come out in opening statements, but said she would decide later about the trial. I haven't heard her decision on the trial yet.

I think the toxicology report for that night should definitely be admitted. It goes to directly to Zimmerman's credibility. He said in the NEN call that Trayvon looked like he was on drugs. The toxicologist said the drug level could cause some impairment. Since the prosecution was allowed to say Zimmerman "profiled" Trayvon, the defense should be allowed to show that part of the "profiling" was correct.

Had Zimmerman not made the drug claim in the NEN call, it might be a closer call. But because he did, I think the toxicology report should be admitted.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:10 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,419,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So you are discounting John Good's testimony? He has no reason to lie and he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman.
RARELY, very rarely, ever, does the outcome of a trial hinge on the testimony of ONE PERSON. In fact, the Jury will be instructed by the Court that they are to consider the TOTALITY of the evidence.

Other witnesses have testified that Trayvon was on top but did not see "punches" being thrown. It's certainly possible that Trayvon was trying to hold Zimmerman down so Zimmerman couldn't pull his gun and shoot him.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The State has steadily and methodically put on evidence of Zimmerman's lies. That's their evidence. Just because you disagree doesn't mean there is no case.
Serino said he believed GZ was telling the truth. Even though the Judge is asking the jury to strike the comment, the horse is out of the barn.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:11 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,400,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Both.

Zimmerman's account of pushing TM off of him and spreading his arms apart doesn't add up with Trayvon Martin being found dead, on his stomach with his hands/arms under his own body. Obviously GZ is a LIAR.
Nobody wants to talk about that. Now back on topic, how about that Watermelon drink?

Old 07-04-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
RARELY, very rarely, ever, does the outcome of a trial hinge on the testimony of ONE PERSON. In fact, the Jury will be instructed by the Court that they are to consider the TOTALITY of the evidence.

Other witnesses have testified that Trayvon was on top but did not see "punches" being thrown. It's certainly possible that Trayvon was trying to hold Zimmerman down so Zimmerman couldn't pull his gun and shoot him.
The witness going off of the 12 year old media photos makes her testimony a wash.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Nobody wants to talk about that. Now back on topic, how about that Watermelon drink?
Or the "blunts" being purchased by his friends at the 7-11, which the clerk, in the video is denying TM the purchase.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:14 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,740,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm no lawyer, but would I try someone who shot and killed another person after he had called the police on this person? At a minimum, I'd do a thorough investigation, which was not done initially. Even when a police officer shoots and kills someone, an investigation is done.
Just curious, we've now seen hours of interviews with Zimmerman, neighbors, etc from the days after the investigation. Serino and Singleton have both testified to what they and other officers were doing on the investigation in those first few weeks.
Do you think they are all lying and the tapes are all made up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies