Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 09:56 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,607,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
OMG! Prejudiced and misogynist
Prejudiced? It's funny that no one traditionally on the left of things called me prejudiced when I first denounced Zimmerman for killing Martin. That was in the beginning when the media was lying and altering the 911 calls. Then the truth started slowly coming out. And there are a lot of false DV claims that are used in divorce and custody battles. As a person in the legal field you should know that. Are the very serious and real DV claims? Of course, that's why I said "unfortunately" people abuse the system, but it happens all the time. And men file real and false DV claims too, especially in same-sex relationships.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:57 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,087,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
yes a kid, unarmed with only a bag of skittles and an ice tea was shot dead through the heart.
And a. Man claiming to have been assaulted with the injuries to prove it. And eyewitnesses that saw the kid on top. Had there not been a shooting, the kid would have been arrested since GZ was the only one with marks on him.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:59 AM

370 posts, read 247,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The judge who's been demoted to divorce court and has been overturned at least twice in the last month? In one of the decisions, the appeals court chastised her for not even understanding plain language statues. And had to remind her that the jury, not the judge, are the ones who weigh the evidence. Yeah, she's quite the legal eagle.

The truth is large.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:00 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Charges that at this point seem unsubstantiated by the evidence that has come forward.. Ask yourself honestly. Would you have brought this case to court with the evidence that has to this point been presented?
I'm no lawyer, but would I try someone who shot and killed another person after he had called the police on this person? At a minimum, I'd do a thorough investigation, which was not done initially. Even when a police officer shoots and kills someone, an investigation is done.

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why would you not put the testimony and accounts of what transpired by Zimmerman, who has lied many times, to the ultimate test? Are you kidding?
Because if you try someone before you have enough evidence to convict they walk away free. It is better to wait until you have sufficient evidence or do not go to trial.

27,623 posts, read 21,148,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The judge who's been demoted to divorce court and has been overturned at least twice in the last month? In one of the decisions, the appeals court chastised her for not even understanding plain language statues. And had to remind her that the jury, not the judge, are the ones who weigh the evidence. Yeah, she's quite the legal eagle.
What is the problem you are having with the only living real eyewitness (GZ) who has every reason to lie and embellish, being given the litmus test? Both sides are given the equal oppoertunity to present their case and ultimately a jury will decide. Do you share the ridiculous notion that this case was just cut and dry and not worthy of a trial as other posters have bemoaned?

Old 07-04-2013, 10:01 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,414,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
To this point in the trial, the evidence available does not support your theory of what happened. Your theory is just that. According to the evidence that has been presented, Martin did in fact physically attack Zimmerman. I would like to know in which post that I have made that I have ever referred to Martin as a "young thug". Please point it out to me..
The only evidence we have at this point that Martin attacked Zimmerman is Zimmerman's own word, his statements. That's it. Just his statements. And the State during their case (which is all we have right now) has been very busily presenting evidence that impeaches Zimmerman, which could very easily convince that jury beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman's word cannot be taken at face value.

It certainly can be argued that Zimmerman's statements are self-serving and he has every good reason in the world to lie about what happened. However, the State is steadily and methodically pointing out the many places where Zimmerman has lied in statements and interviews over and over again. In your everyday life, if someone lied repeatedly to you about things, even little things, how long would you trust that person and take their word at face value?

Old 07-04-2013, 10:02 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Check back a couple of pages to see what he was going to do with the Skittles and the Watermelon drink.

Also this information is interesting. I had almost forgotten about it, from over a year ago.
Interesting Development – Trayvon Martin Quid Pro Quo at the 7-11? Update – Confirmed
It's really hard to take someone seriously when they insist on calling the can of Arizona ice tea that a black kid was carrying around a "watermelon drink." Yes, the company makes a watermelon flavored ice tea but I doubt if this case involved the shooting of a white boy you'd continue to try to interject that flavor choice into the conversation. You're just trying to push hot buttons by doing so.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:02 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm no lawyer, but would I try someone who shot and killed another person after he had called the police on this person? At a minimum, I'd do a thorough investigation, which was not done initially. Even when a police officer shoots and kills someone, an investigation is done.
After the investigation what would you have done if you were Corey?

We have a system that is set up so 10, or more, guilty people walk before one person is wrongfully imprisoned. This is a liberal system.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:06 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,036,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What is the problem you are having with the only living real eyewitness (GZ) who has every reason to lie and embellish, being given the litmus test? Both sides are given the equal oppoertunity to present their case and ultimately a jury will decide. Do you share the ridiculous notion that this case was just cut and dry and not worthy of a trial as other posters have bemoaned?
So you are discounting John Good's testimony? He has no reason to lie and he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies