Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 08:13 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Uh, the drama queens slunk back to their corners when they realized none of it warranted any sort of hysterics.
They realized that with the 2016 election on the horizon and the possibility of Hillary running they can only spend an allotted amount of time on ecah one to see if they will stick. They are fomenting a new batch of phony scandals as we speak.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:17 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL..."keep hope alive," huh?

In the words of your buddy Jesse Jackson (ironically).
Yep, they are eternally searching for their elusive Holy Grail...the left wing version of Watergate.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:19 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Personally I am so turned off to the entire Presidential administration and Congress I don't even listen anymore. Dem or GOP, totally wrapped up in themselves, do what THEY want, not the will of the American people. I feel like my hands are tied, so why bother? Guess it's like a dictatorship...

Old 07-04-2013, 08:21 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Perusing through the first page of the P&OC, I can't find a single topic on Benghazi, the IRS, or another of the other Obama "scandals" we've heard so much about over the past few months. What happened?
The liberal news media is his scandal "condom". They protect him.......they don't cover them....it goes away.

If this was a Republican, you wouldnt have to make this thread

Last edited by citizenkane2; 07-04-2013 at 09:25 AM..

Old 07-04-2013, 08:56 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Personally I am so turned off to the entire Presidential administration and Congress I don't even listen anymore. Dem or GOP, totally wrapped up in themselves, do what THEY want, not the will of the American people. I feel like my hands are tied, so why bother? Guess it's like a dictatorship...
The Brother Muslimhood of America.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:03 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
The liberal news media is his scandal "condom". They protect him.......they don't cover them....it goes away.

If this was a Republican, you wouldnt have to make this thread
Does your mom know you're using that sort of language? Condom indeed. I'm going to tell her. If she's a proper right wing extremist like you, she'll use corrective measures to get you back into proper behavior.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:56 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Thank you for showing the GOP's hand. They want to fan the smoldering ashes of these non-scandals until the election in order to make political gains.

It's the same tactic used against Clinton. An endless series of claims of “scandal”, creating the sense of a tainted administration even though all the alleged scandals would turn out to be either trivial or nonexistent. Remember, after all those years of front-page headlines and $70 million in public funds, the GOP House dropped the Whitewater investigation the day Clinton retired.
War Crimes Panel Finds Croat Troops 'Cleansed' the Serbs - New York Times

Just because liberals find stories like that a non-starter while simultaneously trying to bring Reagan to the guillotine over arms deals with Iran does not mean they actually aren't egregious.

Quote:
Iranian arms shipments to Bosnia: The Clinton Administration concealed its active cooperation with the Iranians for arms shipments to the Muslim fundamentalist regime of Alija Izetbegovic in Bosnia in violation of the United Nations arms embargo on the former Yugoslavia. [For details on the Clinton Administration's active connivance with the Iranians, see RPC's "Clinton-Approved Iranian Arms Transfers Help Turn Bosnia into Militant Islamic Base," 1/16/97.] This track record undermines the Clinton Administration's insistence that Russia, as a permanent member of the U.N. Security Council, is obligated to observe the same embargo with respect to Serbia [as stated by State Department spokesman James Rubin, daily briefing, March 24, 1999].
U.S. Senate Republican Policy Committee

Yeah, we know how deep the liberal double-standard runs...

Old 07-04-2013, 10:59 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
How high does the dead American body count need to be before the Lame Stream Media begins to question what's going on?

Old 07-04-2013, 10:59 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Post #75 of this thread. Now let's get back to the topic at hand before this hijack turns into yet another thread rehashing all of Bush's failings. And the topic is this: the right whines and cries when diplomatic personnel are killed during the Obama administration. Worse than watergate, we're told. Comparisons to Waterloo were probably bandied about as well. But when similar incidents occurred during the Bush failure years, not a peep. Why is this? I think it's not because such attacks are particularly scandalous, but because losing turns Republicans into whining crybabies. It was thus during the Clinton administration as well.

But if you feel I'm in error, and that there's another reason the right didn't regard similar incidents during the Bush failure years as being not worthy of mention, never mind being worse than Watergate, I'd like to hear it.
You'd think liberals would be more curious about the how's and why's of a secret C.I.A. annex in a country that Obama just funneled arms to for a "grass roots" revolution and where many of the arms where used to kill an U.S. ambassador, the first since 1979.

Yeah, nothing to see there. Unless it's a republican in power, of course.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 07-04-2013 at 11:59 AM..

Old 07-04-2013, 11:00 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Great, that'll make it all go away and we'll all feel better.

That's what they WANT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies