Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 01:59 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,520,397 times

Advertisements

14-year-old at the center of "NRA T-Shirt Controversy" now facin - WTRF 7 News Sports Weather - Wheeling Steubenville

This is where the blood sucking state worshipers are leading this country. I don't care if you're for or against guns, this is what an out of control government looks like on even a local level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 02:21 PM

922 posts, read 1,909,729 times
It's one thing to support the NRA, it does not give you the right to run your mouth at the cop. The 14 yr old BOY needs to learn respect and when and how to fight his battles. All he had to do was shutup and let his father be contacted to do battle. The charges are bs, but its to get the kids attention.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:33 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
More knee-jerk reactionism from terrified people of a shirt.

My daughter is homeschooled.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
It's one thing to support the NRA, it does not give you the right to run your mouth at the cop. The 14 yr old BOY needs to learn respect and when and how to fight his battles. All he had to do was shutup and let his father be contacted to do battle. The charges are bs, but its to get the kids attention.
I guess protesting a violation of your first amendment is a crime eh? You do realize the police are public servants and are legally obligated to uphold the constitution?

Old 06-16-2013, 02:41 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
The Logan County Police Department initially claimed that the at-the-time 8th grade Logan Middle School student was arrested for disturbing the education process, obstructing an officer and Lardieri says that officers even went as far as threatening to charge Jared with making terroristic threats.
If all else fails, you're a terrorist....

Old 06-16-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If all else fails, you're a terrorist....
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:21 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,291,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
Right..only the cop gets to run off at the mouth...I think it's the cop who should learn to pick his battles..kinda telling that he'd pick on a 14 year old. Probably wouldn't have dared if it had been an adult..The cop is guilty of wasting tax payers money, and all he's taught the kid is why so many people have no respect for them...You think bs charges are a fair way to get someones attention?...

Old 06-16-2013, 04:24 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,073,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
14-year-old at the center of "NRA T-Shirt Controversy" now facin - WTRF 7 News Sports Weather - Wheeling Steubenville

This is where the blood sucking state worshipers are leading this country. I don't care if you're for or against guns, this is what an out of control government looks like on even a local level.
He wasn't arrested for wearing an NRA shirt. Did you read the article?

Old 06-16-2013, 04:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
My daughter took care of something the school had 2 chances to "take care of" When that didn't work, my daughter handled it just like I had taught her. A bully threatening to kick my daughters ass, over association(who she was friends with).

Well, guess who got in trouble and sent to an alternative campus, with a bunch of thug & crook kids....
I sued and guess what. The crap hit the fan.
The school cop finally got the whole story, instead of assuming the person that got the worst of it was the victim.
The school knows who I am and the kids their including the boys know not to mess with that little white girl.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:34 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post

#1) He was given and order by a teacher and refused. That alone should have been sufficient reason for discipline, and his parents should have been called as soon as he refused.

#2) Why are students (and I use the word loosely) allowed to wear tee shirts to school in the first place excet for P.E. classes? There should be a MUCH more stringent dress code in place for the student body.

#3) Obviously he was not smart enough to shut up when ordered to by the officer. That is clearly obstruction of justice.

Someone taught this miscreant that rules were made for other people. I would imagine the judge will straighten him out on this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies