Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 05:12 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's never going to happen. Every year 30,000 kids age out of foster care. The anti-choice crowd can't even give those kids homes. They don't care about unwanted kids. They care about telling everyone how religious they are and they care about telling women what to do.

The nitty-gritty of adopting a mixed race, special need 14-year old? Making sure he has a loving family, a safe place to sleep and food in his stomach and (at least) a high school education? Not happening. They look the other way.

I just checked the life news web site. You can click a button to fight Obama and overturn Roe v. Wade. But no one-click button for adopting that 14-year old who will age out and live under a bridge.

Classic Pro Life. All about the fetus, nothing left for the child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Then blowjobs are cannibalism

Well, there you go...

Old 07-19-2013, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
The reality is that abortion is murder of a child (developing human being).
The reality now, is that such murder is legal.

Research shows that those who murder their own child suffer from it medically and/or psychologically the rest of their lives.
Thus, often people are punished not FOR murdering their child, but by the natural consequences of doing something so horrific.

It's a problem when people present abortion in a way that is deceiving - which may contribute to people engaging in abortion, harming their child & themselves.
IE: Most people are ignorant of human development and that by 8 weeks gestation ALL body systems are intact, including the nervous system, so by the time abortion murders are carried out, the child can feel his or her body being ripped apart, limb by limb.

Most people don't want to hear of ugly truths - they'd rather forcus on having irresponsible sex.

ABORTION: The Silent Scream Part 2 - YouTube
The guiy looks like Woody Allen, a famous pedophile.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Would they pay for all the pre-natal care and hospital bills for the birth?

Actually, no deal. Women would still be having sex. That's a no-no.

Yes, they would pay all the bills. Up to and including college.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Welfare is a separate issue because the women who have children they can't afford to care for want these kids and the welfare benefits that come along with them.

Moreover, women don't have abortions because they don't want to have to care for a child.

If that were the case, all they would have to do is put the child up for adoption or just get up and leave the hospital without the kid.

Women have abortions because they don't want to be pregnant.

Trust me, when EZ abortion goes away, the word "no" and diligent use of contraceptives will make an amazing come-back.

Welfare will increase, genius, as will WIC, Foodstamps, SNAP, etc. Pro Lifers need to get together and offer an alternative to the non-white and other less "attractive" babies that would otherwise go home with a "parent" who doesn't want them. That includes the kids with severe disabilities.

If you want to truly decrease or stop abortions altogether, offer these women a real solution, outside of foster care or public assistance. Adopt the child, right out of the hospital.

You ***** and moan about legalized abortion, then ***** and moan about welfare, because the women "want" the kids. Collectively grow a pair and "man up". Commit to the kids who would be born to parents who do not want them, and who would otherwise abuse or neglect them. Give them a loving permanent home where they can thrive and grow up. Create a trust fund to offer women who would otherwise seek an abortion a permanent home for their unwanted child.

Until that happens, the so-called pro-life movement is hypocritical.

Last edited by carterstamp; 07-19-2013 at 05:31 AM..

Old 07-19-2013, 05:30 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What degree should it be classified as?
Voluntary manslaughter or first degree?

Either way, making abortion illegal could increase the prison population...
And despite my pro-life stance (up to a point, I believe abortion isn't murder as long as the neural cells haven't begun developing), I am not too sure about paying money for an increased prison population for the murder of something whose humanity can be debated.
Lessening the amount of "unwanted children" and "lowering crime" was the very argument used by pro-abortionists during Roe v Wade.

See how well that worked out?

Old 07-19-2013, 06:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb If abortion is murder...

... then the Christian God is the biggest murderer in the universe.

About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage. But the actual number is probably much higher because many miscarriages occur so early in pregnancy that a woman doesn't even know she's pregnant.

Miscarriage - MayoClinic.com

Why would the all-powerful, all-knowing king of the universe do this?

Old 07-19-2013, 06:19 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
... then the Christian God is the biggest murderer in the universe.

About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage. But the actual number is probably much higher because many miscarriages occur so early in pregnancy that a woman doesn't even know she's pregnant.

Miscarriage - MayoClinic.com

Why would the all-powerful, all-knowing king of the universe do this?
Comparing miscarriages to abortions is like comparing natural death to murder. One occurs because of the natural order of things and the other was forced upon the victim by the willful actions of another person. We all die. Some die sooner than others. However, that does not justify killing another human being no matter how small they happen to be.

Would you accept me murdering my neighbor and using the excuse, "Well people die every day so God is the bigger murderer than me."? Death is a natural part of life but that does not give any of us the right to, prematurely, end the life of another.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:21 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Lessening the amount of "unwanted children" and "lowering crime" was the very argument used by pro-abortionists during Roe v Wade.

See how well that worked out?
I don't think you understood my post. It's not about lowering crime by having a lesser amount of children. It's about not raising crime statistics and prison population by keeping abortion legal.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:28 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What degree should it be classified as?
Voluntary manslaughter or first degree?

Either way, making abortion illegal could increase the prison population...
And despite my pro-life stance (up to a point, I believe abortion isn't murder as long as the neural cells haven't begun developing), I am not too sure about paying money for an increased prison population for the murder of something whose humanity can be debated.
If you make abortion illegal, that only means that the institutionalized practice is banned. Do you really think this will stop the act of aborting a pregnancy?

How on earth could anyone know if a woman miscarried naturally or aborted "on purpose" using natural methods?...are state's attorneys ready to go to court against women to whom there is no evidence on what was the cause of their terminated pregnanacy?

Natural Miscarriage Methods: Reproductive Rights for Women in the World

any woman can google natural abortion methods as simply as I did.

Last edited by Chimuelojones; 07-19-2013 at 06:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies