Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should men with vasectomies be forbidden to marry?
Yes 7 13.21%
No 46 86.79%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 07:13 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Sigh. Most guys with vasectomies are all ready married with kids and had vasectomies because its safer than whatever procedures are available for women. Are you suggesting they should be forced to divorce?
Yeah, that. I know a man who has fathered 6 children with in three different marriages. He finally decided that is enough, and had the operation.
I would say, if a man who has been cut is going with a woman who wants children, he should be honest with her, and they should discuss the options.
If he is going with a woman who does not want any kids (or any more kids), then no problem. BUT, he should still be upfront and honest about his operation.
Oh, yeah, it is worthy of mention, perhaps, that the wife of the man I mentioned had the baby factory turned into a play area when the last kids were born. They are double safe.
Perhaps neither of them should be married?
The whole concept is a ridiculous thought, IMO. There is a huge difference between having an operation to stop accidental pregnancy, and sex between consenting adults that can not result in pregnancy because the adults are the same gender!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 07:15 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
^^^ ???

Old 07-08-2013, 07:20 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I was talking with my also elderly single male straight neighbor and the benefits we could trade with a fake marriage seemed rather tempting,I would be set on his gov pension and healthcare and he would benefit from some of my posessions as well. a new way to game the system
And that's largely what this debate is all about; gaming the system. Homosexuals couldn't care less about marriage, otherwise, except that to the extent that they can claim it for themselves, it also further "normalizes" their perversion.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:24 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
The anti-gays love to argue that same-sex marriage is wrong because it cannot result in biological children between the two partners.

Well, neither can opposite-sex marriages in which the man has had a vasectomy. Furthermore, vasectomies are totally unnatural and are nowhere mentioned in the bible.

So how about it, anti-gays? Should men with vasectomies be forced to remain forever single?

If not, why not?
Men opting to get sterilized are becoming more rare...I remember back in the 70s these idiot males would get fixed thinking they were doing their bit to save the world and curb over population...few are foolish enough to get snipped... As for a man with a vasectomy - They should not get married. There is no need for them to get married. The best they can do is be a companion or enter into a legal union if they wish. Marriage is mating...it's original purpose was to reproduced...It is a formal licence to breed. As for fertile fully functioning men - they have not need to marry to have a child...Marriage eventually in the western world will be reserved for gays and lesbians. Between hetero divorce and live in relationships...Marriage is finished. We don't need it...nor as the evidence shows respect it. It as I said will be some sort of gay institution in 50 years...I don't have a problem with that.

So I am wondering and have a question - would gays continue to marry if suddenly heterosexual couples on mass stopped marrying...if ALL straight people stopped getting married?

Would gays and lesbians want what heteros reject and avoid? Just saying.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:25 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Dumb poll. Dumb question.
I agree completely.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
No they should not be forbidden to marry.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:28 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
The anti-gays love to argue that same-sex marriage is wrong because it cannot result in biological children between the two partners.

Well, neither can opposite-sex marriages in which the man has had a vasectomy. Furthermore, vasectomies are totally unnatural and are nowhere mentioned in the bible.

So how about it, anti-gays? Should men with vasectomies be forced to remain forever single?

If not, why not?
Silly Question.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:30 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It's just another attempt by homosexuals to justify why they should be allowed to "marry," but it is, like all their other arguments, flimsy. Marriage, by definition since the begining of time, is between a man and a woman. Period. They do not have the right, nor the authority, to change the definition. Unless they think they are God.

Neither should they be allowed to adopt children, and pervert the family, and also the minds of the innocent children forced to live in such circumstances.

I have no problem with two men or two women living together if they so choose. But their overt (and covert) efforts to "normalize" unnatural relations and breakdown societal barriers, which threatens civilized society itself, cannot any longer be tolerated. The line must be drawn. Perversion is perversion.

Marriage should not be so cheapened.
Go ahead and draw that line, but the rest of nation is stepping right over it. And marriage cheapened? Too late for that. We heteros took care of that long ago.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:32 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
If marriage never existed gays would have never invented it. They only want it now because they want to be respected JUST like heterosexuals couples. As I repeatedly have said..Marriage originally is a state or church sanctioned permit to breed...That's it...oddly some say that gays entering into the ancient institution of marriage are fighting for human rights and civil and legal benefits. I don't think so...You can have legal rights by drawing up contracts through lawyers etc. I believe the gays are just copying their parents...we all have parents and all of us are born from opposite sex unions. This I don't understand...why gays who are so proud of being gays want to mimic straights>

Old 07-08-2013, 07:39 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Silly Question.
That's the point of the OP's post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies