Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 06:29 PM

17,871 posts, read 14,898,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
That's because we all know that had the roles been reversed, and Trayvon been the shooter, he'd be in prison right now.
Ugh. No.

If it had been a white hispanic (dumbest description I've ever heard btw) 17 year old and a 28 year old black guy ... with ALL the same attributes, testimonies and stories ... I'd still believe the 28 year old acted in self defense.

Why is that so hard for you to believe?

Except we wouldn't have heard about it because the media would've never reported on it - for a wide variety of reasons.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:30 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,678,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Your point was that most gun crimes, where a black male is the perpetrator, are from illegal guns?
In the scenario I gave, he would have been old enough to have a concealed carry permit, so just assume that the role were reversed, and Trayvon did have a permit for the gun he used to shoot Zimmerman to death. Do you not think he would have been arrested and charged?

Old 07-10-2013, 06:30 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,713,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Having watched a bit of the proceedings today - I can tell for political reasons the court (the judge) is bound and determined to convict Zimmerman regardless. It appeared that there was an obvious bias taking place - and Zimmerman is being set up to be the sacrificial lamb and he knows it. The reason he did not take the stand is that he is not sharp enough NOT to be coerced into saying things that will compromise his position and would certainly under the power of a killed cross examination convict himself - guilty or not.

I am not a fan of Zimmerman...and certainly not a fan of the American judicial system. Zimmerman has the right to wait to the bitter end and have his legal people size up the situation in regards to him possibly incriminating himself.

All the prosecution would have to ask would be a simple liberal progressive question..."Do you have an anger problem?" - They would have squeezed a YES out of him no matter what...As far as media...Zimmerman was screwed the moment the very President of the United States of America tainted public perception of the case through his racially charged remarks...."If I had a son he would have looked like Travon Martin"..........Obama convicted Zimmerman..without a trial...All of these proceedings seem to be a classic 'SHOW TRIAL"...
You nailed it!

Old 07-10-2013, 06:33 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,927,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Ugh. No.

If it had been a white hispanic (dumbest description I've ever heard btw) 17 year old and a 28 year old black guy ... with ALL the same attributes, testimonies and stories ... I'd still believe the 28 year old acted in self defense.

Why is that so hard for you to believe?

Except we wouldn't have heard about it because the media would've never reported on it - for a wide variety of reasons.
A Trayvonista will never take those words for face value....it's no use.

There is no such thing as

1 - an honest gun advocate

Or

2 - an honest white person

If you're both...you're the devil.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:34 PM

957 posts, read 760,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
There was a witness who testified that they did not see TM "throwing punches".....so there's a conflict in testimony. The jury will have to determine which witnesses were more credible.

Martin screaming for help in order to stop George from going for his gun is also consistent with Martin screaming for a considerable time. It's really absurd, IMO, to think that George would be in such fear for his life that he was screaming all that time for help and then was SUDDENLY able to stop screaming after firing the shot. Must have required a huge adrenaline rush to be screaming for help for that period of time, which would make it difficult to stop screaming so quickly after the gunshot. ALSO, Zimmerman himself claims he didn't know that Martin was dead, and that's why he "jumped on top of Martin" and spread his arms out. WHY, then, if he didn't know Martin was dead did he STOP screaming for help? It's not logical. It doesn't fit. It doesn't make sense for him to have stopped screaming, ESPECIALLY when he claimed he didn't know Martin was dead or seriously injured.
Can't Rep you again, but that's what I was thinking. I know Z was not required to take the stand (but believe he wanted to against the advice of counsel) but if I were a juror I would want to hear him under cross examination. Watching him being advised by the Judge as to his choice, I was half way expecting him to take the stand. Maybe West told him if you take the stand, you're going to jail!!! guaranfnteed...

Old 07-10-2013, 06:35 PM

14,413 posts, read 22,561,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Having watched a bit of the proceedings today - I can tell for political reasons the court (the judge) is bound and determined to convict Zimmerman regardless. It appeared that there was an obvious bias taking place - and Zimmerman is being set up to be the sacrificial lamb and he knows it. The reason he did not take the stand is that he is not sharp enough NOT to be coerced into saying things that will compromise his position and would certainly under the power of a killed cross examination convict himself - guilty or not.

I am not a fan of Zimmerman...and certainly not a fan of the American judicial system. Zimmerman has the right to wait to the bitter end and have his legal people size up the situation in regards to him possibly incriminating himself.

All the prosecution would have to ask would be a simple liberal progressive question..."Do you have an anger problem?" - They would have squeezed a YES out of him no matter what...As far as media...Zimmerman was screwed the moment the very President of the United States of America tainted public perception of the case through his racially charged remarks...."If I had a son he would have looked like Travon Martin"..........Obama convicted Zimmerman..without a trial...All of these proceedings seem to be a classic 'SHOW TRIAL"...
Do you think they will convict him?

Old 07-10-2013, 06:35 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,927,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
In the scenario I gave, he would have been old enough to have a concealed carry permit, so just assume that the role were reversed, and Trayvon did have a permit for the gun he used to shoot Zimmerman to death. Do you not think he would have been arrested and charged?
If he had a CCW? No

Old 07-10-2013, 06:39 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,189,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Can't Rep you again, but that's what I was thinking. I know Z was not required to take the stand (but believe he wanted to against the advice of counsel) but if I were a juror I would want to hear him under cross examination. Watching him being advised by the Judge as to his choice, I was half way expecting him to take the stand. Maybe West told him if you take the stand, you're going to jail!!! guaranfnteed...
I've heard said that jurors don't take to kindly to defendants in murder cases that do not take the stand.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:39 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,857,972 times
Someone writes that if the roles had been reversed and Martin was the shooter that Martin would be convicted and in jail by now - saying this implies a black and white issue...an element of institutionalized racism...Are Americans that stupid not to realize this is not a black and white issue...Look at Zimmerman...by all popular definition of race he is NOT white..From what I understand one of his parents is a NATIVE of South America....an "Indian" - which makes Zimmerman more "black" than white..To call Zimmerman white would be like calling an Mohawk Indian white.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:40 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,678,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
If he had a CCW? No
OK. So you say that, but even before most of the information came out, people on here were already calling Trayvon a "thug." You don't think that is about race? Because of course he had no history of violence, or any criminal history --unlike George, who did. Yet Trayvon was called the "thug."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies