Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 08:36 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Nah. I've been in court at MIDNIGHT more than once. Also in those late-night depos because you must have the information/testimony the next morning for Court. Late nights are not a basis for appeals. LOL That kind of work schedule is part of the reason defense attorneys and some court personnel make a lot of money.
Just adds more fuel to the fire. I got your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
SOMEBODY spent and is still spending a LOT OF MONEY on this defense case. I'm think George was not really spending $12,000 per month to life. Maybe that was a strategy to make the State think the attorneys and legal team weren't doing something. The kinds of things this legal team has come up with have been very, very, very expensive.
I was discussing that last night w/the wife. They surly have axe to grind here. I'm very well aware that they are like politicians, in that they fight with each other all day, then go and have cocktails after hours.

But this is something way different. Seems more personal. Good old Boy network aside.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:38 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,849,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Pressing On

Thanks to everyone, even the ones who I don't agree with. Gonna stay up later than normal catching up here and at other places.
You are welcome! You will enjoy listening to him. He was very clear, educated and professional.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We all profile. Everyday as we walk down the street we decide who looks like they might hurt us.

It's that inner voice inside us that keeps us safe or tells us to run away.
Couldn't rep you again, but -

Old 07-09-2013, 08:39 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We all profile. Everyday as we walk down the street we decide who looks like they might hurt us.

It's that inner voice inside us that keeps us safe or tells us to run away.
I know I do and I'm not ashamed to come right out and admit it. Then again I'm usually polite, but not very PC.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I know I do and I'm not ashamed to come right out and admit it. Then again I'm usually polite, but not very PC.
LOL!

Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,414,667 times
Quote:
Never heard of that one before. Please enlighten me. You mean the witnesses have been locked up all this time?
The Rule of Sequestration for witnesses means that after the Rule is invoked, they cannot be in the courtroom during the testimony of other witnesses, it means they cannot talk to anyone about their testimony, including the attorneys, and they are not allowed to discuss their testimony with others/anyone when court is in recess.

The Rule of Sequestration is common, it is usually invoked in every criminal trial at the start of the case, before any witnesses testify. However, after a witness testifies and excused (NOT subject to recall) they can come back into the courtroom and listen if they want. If they are excused "subject to recall" they are still under sequestration and cannot come back in the courtroom and are NOT allowed to talk to anybody about their testimony, including the attorneys.

Soooooo, that means that the animation guy was on the witness list for the Defense, and at the very start of the trial, day one, the Rule of Seq. was invoked, so all the witnesses listed by both sides had to leave the court room, other than the victim's family, and the Court instructed them all that stuff I said above. AMAZING that the Defense was arguing that the animation expert had been consulting with them during the trial and evidence via testimony changed regarding where different witnesses were located!! I'm stunned that they totally "forgot" that.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:42 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,049,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Really? Not me, only people suffering from paranoia think the way you do.
You're full of it, you know damn well what he said is right and every single one of us, including perfect people like yourself profile people every day for various reasons. All the way down to which checkout line you jump in at the grocery store, you profile people for various reasons. It's human nature and there's nothing wrong with it.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:42 PM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times
Quote:
Maybe it's a guy thing but I don't think so.
Women talk about some "Creepy" guy doing something. That is profiling.

It has nothing to do with paranoia but self preservation.

Trayvon profiled GZ as a "Creepy Azz Cracker". We all do it.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:46 PM

For those questioning the injuries on TM's knuckle

Quote:
Such a lack of knuckle injuries would be odd if Trayvon had been throwing regular punches, but is entirely consistent with the use of “hammer fists,” a kind of blow often thrown from the “MMA-style” position that eyewitness John Good noted from just 17 feet away.

PJ Media » Deconstructing the Trayvon Martin Narrative: Nothing Left to Argue?

Old 07-09-2013, 08:47 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,480,391 times
Tomorrow the judge will also rule on the other witness sequester violation - John Donnelly sitting in the front row right behind Zimmerman for at least 2 days.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies