Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 10:11 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,835,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Don't you realize that we already pay for those without insurance lol Whatever.. She will be pay for her own insurance because she won't be denied.
She won't be paying the actual cost of her insurance (because of her conditions), the cost will be picked up by everyone else. Maybe I should get a reduce rate because I am a male under 30, the healthiest and cheapist demographic in the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 10:13 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,276,186 times
Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. What this does do is give my best friend insurance which she has always been denied. She has lupus and other multiple health issues. She can't even afford her medication but no one cares because you have your insurance and that's all that matters to you. You obviously have no idea what it's like to be conically ill without insurance. Do you have any idea what prescriptions cost without healthcare
Quote:
Don't you realize that we already pay for those without insurance lol Whatever.. She will be pay for her own insurance because she won't be denied.
Does she have insurance now? If not, why not?

Old 07-09-2013, 10:21 PM

32,122 posts, read 15,112,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
She won't be paying the actual cost of her insurance (because of her conditions), the cost will be picked up by everyone else. Maybe I should get a reduce rate because I am a male under 30, the healthiest and cheapist demographic in the nation.
Do you not understand...she has no insurance because she has been denied for a preexisting condition. And just because you are under 30 does not make you the healthiest demographic. It seems to make you the most egotistical demographic though. So you don't have insurance and get hit by a car or what ever accident. You don't have insurance so the rest of us have to pay for you. Sorry you are not cheap at all and your arrogance is laughable...sorry

Old 07-09-2013, 10:31 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,835,194 times
Quote:
Do you not understand...she has no insurance because she has been denied for a preexisting condition. And just because you are under 30 does not make you the healthiest demographic. It seems to make you the most egotistical demographic though. So you don't have insurance and get hit by a car or what ever accident. You don't have insurance so the rest of us have to pay for you. Sorry you are not cheap at all and your arrogance is laughable...sorry
Actually being under 30 and male is the cheapest demographic to insure. It is not arrogance, it is fact. Generally younger people get sick less then older people; therefor they are cheaper to insure. Women under 40 have babies, men do not; therefor, men under 40 are cheaper to insure then women.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:31 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,276,186 times
Quote:
Auto insurance is required in every state. Young men are the healthiest and cheapest to insure. We are also the most aggressive, but that's why our auto insurance rates are so high.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:09 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,914,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
What? How does not thinking fining someone for not buying health insurance translate to letting someone die? I also don't know what a 7-11 Begging Bowl is. If you are implying that fining people for not buying insurance is not allowing someone to give to charity, I don't understand. Can you elaborate?

What he is saying is currently if you go to the emergency room they have to treat you. This means irresponsible people get a free ride. We currently have a free rider problem in healthcare that makes healthcare more expensive for the rest of us.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:11 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,914,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

You will get screwed under Obamacare while for old bastards like myself is it not that bad of a deal. I still think we need to get rid of it.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:19 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,448,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
So, did I read it right that the monthly premiums of the exchange plans will be $250 and up? Did I read it right that if you choose NOT to have health insurance, the government will fine you? I typically lean to the left, but this stinks, IMo. I'm lucky enough to have decent insurance through my employer, but for people that don't, this sucks! If one doesn't want health insurance, one should not be penalized for it.

Not cool.
Okay, I was originally on board with it but after finding out this non-sense I've opposed it ever since. It has too many provisions that work against the US citizens such as corporations that hire immigrants not needing to pay for their healthcare, massive sell out to the American people. I want Universal Health Care, not making it mandatory for those who can't afford healthcare, pay for it. Where the **** is the cash supposed to be coming from? These people can't even make their mortgage, so you want to make healthcare mandatory now! We all want healthcare, we all want nice homes, we all want the greater things in life, but we can't hurt ourselves for them. I really despise this healthcare bill.

We need to LOWER the cost of healthcare, not make the cost mandatory. That's like making it mandatory to purchase gas for your car, you always need gas but if the price is too high then you won't be able to get it in the first place. I think more Democrats including myself formerly, are coming around to realize this law is quite the contrary to what we want. Many of us, including myself, believed this was more like Universal Healthcare as opposed to a mandate. I believe the intentions are well, but just harmful to our economy and our people.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:01 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,341,503 times
Quote:
These people can't even make their mortgage, so you want to make healthcare
mandatory now
! We all want healthcare, we all want nice homes, we all want the
greater things in life, but we can't hurt ourselves for them. I really despise
this healthcare bill.
Ok. So if these people who can't even make their mortgage get sick or have an accident or get pregnant or need meds or a myriad of other things that tend to happen....who pays?
The bottom line is that someone always pays.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:08 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,762,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Ok. So if these people who can't even make their mortgage get sick or have an accident or get pregnant or need meds or a myriad of other things that tend to happen....who pays?
The bottom line is that someone always pays.
are you obsessed with the united states?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies