Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 01:31 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Smoking pot is bad for you. Not bad like reefer madness bad, but just smoking anything is bad. Eating it is the way to go.
eating is good, definitely a different high....a vaporizor is the way to go...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 05:15 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,031,964 times
Take a look at these.

Phoenix Tears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0psJhQHk_GI

Last edited by BECLAZONE; 07-11-2013 at 05:25 AM..

Old 07-11-2013, 06:20 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
Medical marijuana prescribed to children, doctors split

more proof that pot is good for sick people...

4 out of 5 dentists prefer Trident for thier patients who chew gum.

Show me the randomized, double blinded, prospective study with valid statistics that shows the medical benefit of pot. That is the problem- that study does not exist.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Huh? I don't get it. Christians can use any hard pharmaceuticals with multiple horrendous side-effects, but a plant is a problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
They're Christians, rational thought isn't exactly a strength of theirs.

Hey now, I'm Christian, and I find pot to be very therapeutic. I find it immoral, not to mention silly that use of a GOD given plant is outlawed!

Old 07-11-2013, 06:37 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
As someone who smokes pot, I have to say it does have a lot of benefits.
I haven't smoked in a few days now.
My usage is done at night and on days off. I treat it like alcohol. In moderation and never at work.

Anyways it's been maybe 4 days now.
I don't sleep as well and I've been having terrible terrible dreams.
Melatonin has no effect and I can't afford to see a doctor for a prescription sleep aid which may cause dependency.
It works wonders on my insomnia, I fall asleep and stay asleep all night.
It also helps with my migraines and back and neck issues. It relaxes me and allows for my muscles to relax.

I will be very proud of my country when it is finally legal on all levels and treated the same as alcohol.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:49 AM

18,159 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
They're Christians, rational thought isn't exactly a strength of theirs.
Umm...did you guys READ the quote? These evil Christians are saying pot is OK. That, they, tbemselves, use it. So, why the instant animosity and Christian bashing?

Old 07-11-2013, 07:58 AM

107 posts, read 161,514 times
It may have its benefits but it sure did turn off my brain, for extended periods after stopping smoking. Also made my eyes look funny for extended periods also. I look back at some pix of myself in my 20s, in embarrassment. Its all good though, I wouldn't go back and change anything. Nowadays I prefer to stay sober and bring home the fat paycheck so that one day I can buy a yot and mantion. Seriously though, with ever increasing tightening of liability insurances and Obama care pressing forward, more companies are going to be firing more stoners. Its already happening. Don't get caught with your pants down... quit or keep a whizz pack handy.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
Medical marijuana prescribed to children, doctors split

more proof that pot is good for sick people...
This is not proof of anything. Any drug, regardless of legal or not that alters the brain, can do other damage. For those who live places where it is legal to use medical pot, and they want to, that is their business. I know a few people who do believe it has benefits. I might even vote for legalizing it for med reasons and totally controlled, but I would never give it to a child and I would never say pot is good for anyone.

txtqueen: I hope you are not being serious.. You can't afford to see a doctor but you can afford to buy pot? You can't sleep, have you even heard the word: withdrawal. I quit smoking years ago: I had trouble sleeping, I gained weight< damn I guess I should have continued smoking...

Old 07-11-2013, 08:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Eating marijuana, cures cancer.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:25 AM

18,159 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Eating marijuana, cures cancer.
Well....that might be a stretch BB. However, it certainly makes having cancer easier to deal with. Particularly if combined with opioids. Were I to be fighting painful and, quite possibly, terminal, cancer, I would take all the help I could get. At least, maybe, I could have a semblance of an appetite, and enjoy the Earthly pleasure of a nice steak dinner, and shove the pain and worry about what comes next, out of my way for at least long enough to enjoy tbe one redeeming characteristic cattle have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies