Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 05:14 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Did you watch when the verdict was read?

If so, didn't you think it was very strange that porky never even looked at his wife, much less go to her and hug her or his own parents?

Then, after he was done congratulating his defense team, he walked out of the courtroom, right past his family.

Maybe he thinks he's a media sensation and will be looking for a prettier wife? After all, he's going to be a millionaire and his wife is going to be in jail.

Sick f... he is.
He was hungry, he headed straight for the snack machine.

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
go away troll you dont understand what your commenting on.
Yes b/c trolling is what I've been doing on this thread. I followed your discussion w/ Choclot, so yeah I do understand. But feel free to dodge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I have flip-flopped on my opinions on EXACTLY what happened between the the moment Zimmerman parked his truck and the gunshot. But, is there anything wrong with that? I don't know any better than you....or any 6 of those jurors.

Even if I explicitly said "Trayvon hit him first!" it doesn't change the bottom line here. But to clarify, I don't know who threw that first punch. All I know is TM one upped him...Whether Zimmerman panicked and was scared to death...only he knows.

Do I have reason to believe otherwise? No, I don't.
Well this puts you in the minority of GZ supporters. But you do have reason to believe otherwise. That doesn't mean that's what happened, but to think that you have no reason to believe otherwise means that you believe GZ story 100%. The only way that happens is if you his story conforms to a narrative you already have in your head. I don't think that's the case w/ you, even if you accept the verdict of the trial.

Quote:
The word racist itself does a whole lot of conflating...

I'm not intolerant of black people....and given the option to live separate from them, I wouldn't. I'd have to divorce my wife. It's up to you to use the word. But it would be much more honest to simply focus on exactly what you mean when you say it.
I know which is why I'm very careful about when I use it. To assume a Black guy you just start talking to is hung-up on racial identity and hates Whitey, despite the Black guy having said nothing of the sort, means you're bringing in your own negative view of Black people. Are you honestly going to say that I come across as some White-hating race-baiter?

Quote:
A direction he wasn't obligated to adhere to! Was it a stupid decision? Perhaps. It got his a** beat. But for somebody to say "Hey, he shouldn't have followed him....that will learn him"

How is that logic any different than saying Trayvon Martin should have kept his hands to himself?

If you want to argue "We don't know if Zimmerman didn't hit him first"

Well, we also don't know if Zimmerman stalked him, do we? We do know Martin could have went home and he didn't....so who hangs around WAITING to see if somebody is going to hit them?
Outside of the stalking part, yes all that is a grey area. And that's why the total acceptance of GZ account is mind-boggling. Most of GZ supporters on here have not been arguing the prosecution doesn't have a strong enough case. They've been arguing that GZ account is fact based on nothing but his word. By now, you already know how I feel about that.

Quote:
You see where this is going? So, do you agree that it is plausible that Martin wasn't racially profiled? Or do you want to be dishonest and say that Neighborhood Watches are just double speak for "Black Watch"??
Very few people are arguing about the profiling. If anything, it's the narrative that people created that's upsetting. The travesty is that after the facts came out, we learned that GZ assumptions were incorrect and it left an unarmed, innocent kid dead, and he got off w/o any punishment.

Do you see how this case boils down to Black teens are guilty until proven innocent? Zimmerman got off b/c the Black male's case wasn't strong enough to prove that he was innocent. Does that seem fair?

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
And what was Zimmerman doing in that 4 minutes? That was more than enough time to return to his truck.

OH, I get it ! ---only the dead victim would need to account for what he did during those minutes, not the guy who shot him to death.

Too bad the living one, Zimmerman, never did account for what he did during those 4 minutes. Maybe pursuing Trayvon?
Excellent point, which I doubt any one will address.

11 posts, read 9,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Thanks for making me feel better about my problems.
And you obviously have many of them

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's over people. The jury acquitted him. Move on with your lives.

Obama: 'Honor' Trayvon Martin by preventing future tragedies
"I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken," Obama said in a written statement released by the White House.
Wow, one of the few, intelligent, responsible things hes ever said. Now maybe he'll keep out of things from now on when he doesnt have the facts.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:15 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The NAACP wasted no time in asking the U.S. inJustice Department to initiate civil rights violations against gz. This is far from over for him.
Which has nothing to do with my post. I said innocent people usually don't leave the country.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:16 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
tm 5' 11' per autopsy.

His family put out the 6' 3' last year as part of the Slimm narrative. Can't blame people who still accept what mom said about her son.
Except when it doesn't fit your narrative about what a thug he was. Then you discount whatever they say about his character.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:17 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
If he was within his rights to follow Trayvon because he deemed him suspicious, than Trayvon was also within his rights to follow Zimmerman who he deemed suspicious. Don't you agree?
This is an excellent point.

I don't know about anyone else, but if someone is following me in the dark, I pretty much assume they are looking for trouble and probably mean to harm me. I don't assume they are a security guard or neighborhood watch captain.

Trayvon had every right to turn the tables and approach Zimmerman. We simply don't know who said what at that point, because there ARE NO WITNESSES other than the defendant. The only other person who was there is dead and in the ground. We have no idea who said what, and we have no idea who attacked who first or why.

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Yes, because Mike Tyson was at such a disadvantage when facing taller opponents.

It's obvious that folks who think like you do, don't know the first thing about physical strength.
The only obvious here is that you don't know a single thing about what I know...

Does 25 lbs = a strength advantage? No....it doesn't, not always.

All pounds are not equal...

BUT a 3" reach is a 3" reach the world over..

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post

Very few people are arguing about the profiling. If anything, it's the narrative that people created that's upsetting. The travesty is that after the facts came out, we learned that GZ assumptions were incorrect and it left an unarmed, innocent kid dead, and he got off w/o any punishment.

Do you see how this case boils down to Black teens are guilty until proven innocent? Zimmerman got off b/c the Black male's case wasn't strong enough to prove that he was innocent. Does that seem fair?
Well put.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies