Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 05:56 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
They separate fighters by weight in the amateurs.

It baffles me that you think this makes no difference.
Yes and in the original UFC??? They didn't...

And what happened those first few years? You saw tons of smaller dudes beating up on much bigger fighters...

Look at the Gracies legacy for example...

Gracie vs Shamrock for example?

And let's remember that UFC is closer to street fighting than in boxing which fighters never go to the ground.

And none of this matters because even amateurs have thousands of hours training.

7,961 posts, read 9,175,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
*** CONGRATULATIONS!!!! ***

This ridiculous statement has earned you a long overdue spot on my ignore list.
He'll, do you have everyone on your ignore list? I bet this long thread is only 5 pages long on your computer

3,216 posts, read 2,087,380 times
Would the TM supporters agree that if he felt threatened by GZ that once he neutralized the threat that he could have got off him and walked away instead of continuing the ongoing beating for well over a minute as recorded by the 911 calls. Could he have over reacted a little.

89,067 posts, read 44,906,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well looks like civil rights leaders like Jackson and Sharpton, the NAACP and several Democrat officials are calling on the DOJ to "intervene" and file charges of civil rights violation against Zimmerman.
Since when is punching someone in the face and slamming their head into the concrete below a "civil right?"

10,942 posts, read 10,263,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Great, so now our useless DOJ is going to waste more money and continue to pursue Zimmerman. My God, enough already!!!! Civil rights issues? Are you frigging kidding me?! Sometimes it is so hard not to hate our government.
Get your checkbook out!

Old 07-14-2013, 05:57 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,713,604 times
This case has really brought out the racism in many people. It's so disappointing and shameful.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:58 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
We might not hear from jurors, but I'd bet they didn't believe everything gz said. But they don't do what you'd like --- disbelieve some, disbelieve all. They probably believed the essence of what he said because that's what the testimony supported.

TM punched and banged his head on the ground a number of times. TM was on top. GZ was yelling for help. He had a reasonable fear of great bodily injury. Verdict: Not Guilty.
from what I say they didn't even look at him before the verdict or after it was read. That usually means (IMO) that they had to come to the not guilty verdict but would have liked to have chosen something else.

From what I understand the Anonymity Order is still in place so they are probably in no hurry to discuss it at this time if ever.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:58 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,069,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I didn't see testimony from the 12 year old boy, at the townhouse where Martin was staying, state that Martin arrived back. Did you?
The testimony came from the Prosecution's star witness, Rachel Jaentel (aka "Dee dee"). I'll quote what she said for you again:

"I asked him where he at, and he told me he at the back of his daddy fiancee house."

This is the PROSECUTION'S witness. This witness is supposed to be favorable for the prosecution and she had been coached by Trump and possibly the Martin family (and she must have had tons of pressure on her from just about everyone she knew). And she came out and basically said that Trayvon told her that he had made it back to the house.

The credibility of her testimony is at issue, but that particular sentence is an admission against interest and against her bias, which suggests that it is credible.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
He already did last year and they rejected it.
Linky?

Quote:
And Martin was the only one of the two who had evidence on his phone that liked street fighting.
And GZ is the one who attended an MMA gym.

Quote:
No we dont. There is no evidence that he continued to follow him either.
We do too know that GZ was following TM. He told the dispatcher he was!

Old 07-14-2013, 06:00 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,087,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
He was guilty, and everyone knows it. No matter how you cut it up, a 17 year old was killed.
17 year olds cannot hurt anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.