Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 06:06 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
The case itself really wasn't inherently racial. The same fact pattern could have involved two white people or two black people. It became racial when black activists ignored the facts of the case and went looking for an excuse to scream, "We are still being persecuted! Our problems are Whitey's fault."

The end result is that now the black community is showcasing its racial hatred and cultural values by defending a would-be murderer in Trayvon Martin.
What constitutes a would-be murderer in your world? A kid who took a swing at a guy that played cat and mouse with him that absolutely refused to identify himself because the loaded gun he was carrying gave him a sense of arrogant authority? Really, how do you determine a would-be murderer? His clothing? His cell phone provider? His choice of beverage?

In this instance the guy on the prowl carrying the loaded gun was the would-be murderer before he shot Trayvon Martin.

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Hey my little pony,

I was responding to Obummer's statement. Unfortunately unlike you I am not a sycophant for Dear Leader's Proclamations.
You've been bringing the president into this thread for a long, long time and for many, many posts - long before the president made his statement.

"Obummer....blah, blah, blah....Obummer....blah, blah, blah.........."

*LOL*

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Again, you're reading into something that is not there. I said it before yet you are choosing not to believe it. Thus, I don't think there's much else I can say to you.
There's no reading into something. It's there, in your OWN WORDS. You can't say A -> B, then say that you didn't say anything about how A & B happened. Your words say that you believe GZ did something non-criminal, and then TM attacked him.

Quote:
What crime was Zimmerman committing if you are trying to claim Martin was justified in attacking Zimmerman

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
17 year olds cannot hurt anyone.
Because armed 28 year old racial profilers are just innocent wholesomeness. Zimmerman--right-wing America's Sweetheart.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:07 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You owe people on this board an apology. You have been very arrogant when confronted with your erroneous interpretation of the law.
Actually, you owe me an apology for your lies about me on this board. I've already quoted your lies, and you know what they are.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:07 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
17 year olds cannot hurt anyone.
Exactly. A grown man vs a teenager? More often than not, an adult can overtake a teenager, so why was the gun needed?

I don't even believe Trayvon even started the conflict.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:08 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You can't say A -> B, then say that you didn't say anything about how A & B happened. Your words say that you believe GZ did something non-criminal, and then TM attacked him.
Martin was attacking Zimmerman. That was proven in court. The rest of your speculation to the intent of my words is just that - speculation. I have told you that again and again. At any point will you realize that I understand the intent of my own words better than you?

3,120 posts, read 8,065,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I had to laugh at the faux outrage expressed by Trayvonistas over the 'Precious' thing.
It's possible that some people thought she was being compared to "Precious" the stripper/prostitute who was one of the villains (or just an insane person) at the very center of the Duke Lacrosse Rape Hoax. For those who don't remember, for racial reasons, a prosecutor and a police department tried to convict innocent white men for a non-existent rape. DNA evidence taken from "Precious's" insides suggested that she had semen from several men inside of her--none of whom were the defendants (but consistent with her profession). The prosecution and the police then tried to hide this evidence from the defense.

I actually thought that that's what people meant when they compared her to Precious, which I would agree is offensive since Jaentel really doesn't deserve that and isn't a villain (even if she were used by the prosecution to try to railroad an innocent man into jail). It was only later on this forum that I learned it was a reference to a character in a recent movie and not the stripper/prostitute from the Duke case.

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
This is exactly the point.

As an African-American male that's nearly six and a half feet tall, this verdict unsettles me. It basically says it's legal to kill me if my stature and color are perceived by someone to be threatening.
Don't repeatedly punch someone in the face and slam the back of their head into concrete and you should be fine. Why can't you all understand that Z pulled the trigger in self defense while being battered? Battery is a potentially lethal CRIME.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:09 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It was just a right handed shot to the left side of the body as they faced each other.

He didn't aim, he just shot and the body is the largest target.
he most certainly DID aim!

he went into all kinds of explanations to the police about making sure his hand/arm were out of the way of the bullet trajectory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies