Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 09:01 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Most voters favor some form of abortion. The GOP using abortion as a campaign issue is a mistake.

Anyone who thinks that the intent of this law is to improve abortion clinic safety is intentionally fooling themselves. There is no medical need for any of the requirements. So much for small government conservatives.

I was more meaning Texas GOPes...such as Rick Perry and Greg Abbott. G.Abbott Texas' AG is planning a Governor's race.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:03 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why do you lefties want women to have major medical procedures without the regulations and safety nets of other medical procedures?

Do you like killing babies more than protecting the health and lives of the women?

WAR ON WOMEN! WAR ON WOMEN!
how many deaths have occured in Texas in licenced abortion clinics in the past 5 years?

Last edited by Chimuelojones; 07-13-2013 at 09:12 AM..

Old 07-13-2013, 09:21 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why do you lefties want women to have major medical procedures without the regulations and safety nets of other medical procedures?
Do you automatically believe whatever Republicans tell you to believe, or are you repeating their lies knowingly? This isn't about safety, this is about finding a way to keep women from exercising their free will over their own bodies.

Quote:
Do you like killing babies more than protecting the health and lives of the women?

WAR ON WOMEN! WAR ON WOMEN!
Your use of the phrase "killing babies" tells me all I need to know. You're not of the "abortion should be safe" camp (as if there's someone out there who thinks medical procedures should be otherwise), you're of the "women should be forced to bear children against their will because abortion makes me sad" camp. So don't bother batting your lashes at me and repeating the lies of your freedom-hating masters as if we haven't been paying attention to the right's attempts to stamp out rights for women over the past couple of years.

I'm so grateful to live in a country that believes in freedom instead of the United States.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:40 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Ah, so abortion is not "murder," and therefore mothers who hire someone to abort their fetuses shall not be treated as murderers?
That is correct. Abortion is constitutionally protected.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:15 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That is correct. Abortion is constitutionally protected.
Why would you say it is that the anti-privacy folks who would normally demand anyone who murders a child be hung, electrocuted by his privates and then drawn and quartered must be prompted to give their ideas about how mothers who hire someone to "murder" their "babies" should be punished? What does that tell us about what these anti-privacy vermin really believe about the issue?

Old 07-13-2013, 10:18 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
a woman has no control over a pregnancy that needs a late term abortion for medical reasons. ignorance has nothing to do with it unless you just want to blame the woman
That's BS. Making up "factoids" to support an agenda is typical of liberals.

How many "medical necessity" abortions can you name? Most times abortion is used for birth control reasons, not medical reasons.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
See post 30. The GOP is insidiously sneaking their war on women into other states. Women need to keep their eyes open as to what is going on.
...yeppers.....I hear the black helicopters circling.....

Old 07-13-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
"Cleaning up abortion clinics" is a no-brainer euphemism.
Maybe you need to pay attention to the news. There have been TWO recent incidents that this law would eliminate.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Indeed. Why do people who don't live in states like Colorado or New York care about efforts to limit guns?
Personally, I don't give a ratzazz what other states enforce inside their borders as long as it is constitutional. How's that?

Don't plan to live in either state,...so I just focus on our state's laws.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:25 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,783,818 times
I don't get the anti liberal movement with this bill.

1. Wouldn't you want the doctor performing the abortion to have admitting privileges at nearby hospital? If doc doesn't have admitting privileges that could be a sign they haven't met hospital credentialing standards.

2. A surgery center has a lot more checks and balances with looking over a patients overall health before proceeding with the procedure. Many physician offices can have rogue standards.

I thought liberals wanted more government regulations with healthcare?

Am I missing something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies