Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 05:49 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,793,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The police searched and impounded the car that was shot at that night. There was no gun.
Did they find the people who were inside the car? Did they get search warrants and search those people, and their homes, looking for any weapons?

I just did a quick look for "timelines" on what happened in this case and when it happened, but could find nothing but the usual pics of mourning people, hysterically sobbing women etc. Many of them are undoubtedly justified, but they add nothing to the case.

I haven't found any answers to the above questions, but I've only just started to look.

Anybody know?

Old 02-15-2014, 05:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
I am sure the defense looked high and low for any evidence any of those boys in the car had ever been seen in possession of a shotgun. Was there any evidence any of those boys ever had a shotgun provided in the trial?

Old 02-15-2014, 05:54 PM

29 posts, read 106,964 times
by the way, I completely agree with the verdicts. They reached the correct verdict just as the Zimmerman jury reached the correct verdict...

PS. I can't ****ing stand people who play their music loudly when stopped at red lights or in a parking lot, gas station, what-have you. That **** is annoying as hell..

I understand the sentiment, 'mind your own business' though. Personally, I would not have said anything to them, but jesus ****ing christ, be considerate of other people. Don't blare your music like that when you're at a stop light. Sure its your right to do so, but don't be a dick. Its my right to burp and fart whenever and wherever the hell I want, but I don't do it in packed places because that would gross other people out. At best it would be funny, but I still wouldn't do it.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:59 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,793,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I am sure the defense looked high and low for any evidence any of those boys in the car had ever been seen in possession of a shotgun.
I'm sure they did look, long after the event.

Did the cops look IMMEDIATELY?

Old 02-15-2014, 06:06 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times
The riot squad can stand down now.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:06 PM

57,360 posts, read 26,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I'm sure they did look, long after the event.

Did the cops look IMMEDIATELY?

No shots were fired from the gun that Dunne supposedly "saw", but he felt the need to fire 10 rounds. There was no evidence that they had a gun. Assuming you are even correct, why didn't they fire back since they already had it out the window?

Old 02-15-2014, 06:07 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,953,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Actually, I like to think it isn't the country so much, but a loud and vocal and disgusting segment of the population that we can't be proud of. There are many, many good people in this country who don't have the hatred and bigotry in their hearts that we see around the country.
I agree, but I don't think the jury is being racist, just stupid. I don't get it at all. If you are guilty of attempted murder because you shot into a car with 4 people, why aren't you guilty of murdering the person you actually hit?

In other words, would Dunn have been acquitted had he killed all 4 teenagers? This is exactly what the jury is telling me. He only "attempted" to kill the other 3, but when he did kill Jordan Davis, he wasn't guilty. My head is spinning.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:08 PM

39,091 posts, read 51,283,353 times
Another Florida racist initiates a confrontation with an unarmed black child, murders him, then lies on the stand and gets away with murder. It seems to me that when you go looking for a fight and find one, you can't use self defense as an excuse for murder.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:11 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,788,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
He should be looking at 20 years. But the judge might not cumulate his sentences in which case it would be a lot longer.

One thing I cannot understand : how could they establish that he attempted to murder the 3 kids but they did not establish that he murdered Davis ? Or maybe they were deadlocked on 1st degree vs 2nd degree.
Wrong. The charge was attempted murder of THREE people. He will get 20 years for EACH victim - 60 years.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:11 PM

7,816 posts, read 6,400,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Another Florida racist initiates a confrontation with an unarmed black child, murders him, then lies on the stand and gets away with murder.
Yeah, he's going out to TGI Friday's tonight just as soon as he gets his gun back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies