Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 08:56 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Spare me the bleeding heart argument. As usual people like you confuse real compassion with moral relativism.

I have plenty of compassion for the family this POS screwed over. I would have had compassion had he done the right thing to those whom he made life long commitments.
Hardly. Compassion knows no prejudice or judgement. I have compassion for the family and compassion for him. I have compassion for those that persecute me, even.

People like me? You don't know me, you are creating me in your mind. You would have a much happier existence if you stopped creating adversaries in your mind. Cultivate true compassion and try not to bolster your own (false) ego with judgements on others. Very few people can find this path, but some do. I hope you become one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 09:01 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Who is trying to 'relieve him of his actions' (whatever that is supposed to mean)? And what is 'sexualism'?

I agree he is a scumbag for what he did to his family whether he is straight or gay, but what sickens me are the one-handed-typists who get their jollies from trying to make this yet another of their gay bashing threads.
Interesting that you don't understand the context of the term sexualism as I used it, especially given the fact that you comport yourself as the all knowning gay sexualist in this forum.

Good that we agree can agree on this piece of trash as identified if nothing else.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Hardly. Compassion knows no prejudice or judgement. I have compassion for the family and compassion for him. I have compassion for those that persecute me, even.

People like me? You don't know me, you are creating me in your mind. You would have a much happier existence if you stopped creating adversaries in your mind. Cultivate true compassion and try not to bolster your own (false) ego with judgements on others. Very few people can find this path, but some do. I hope you become one of them.

Save the AA arguments for someone who needs them.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:13 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Interesting that you don't understand the context of the term sexualism as I used it, especially given the fact that you comport yourself as the all knowning gay sexualist in this forum.

Good that we agree can agree on this piece of trash as identified if nothing else.
Are you using it to refer to his internalized homophobia? Just didn't make sense the way you used it.

What does a 'gay sexualist' do?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Sexualist

"1.(Bot.) One who classifies plants by the sexual method of Linnæus."

Old 07-21-2013, 09:18 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Quote:
Save the AA arguments for someone who needs them.
Nope. I don't go to AA. There you go, creating me in your mind again. I could tell you where the teachings come from, but that would be another thread in another forum. I hope you have a peaceful and wonderful day!

Old 07-21-2013, 09:27 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
I was married with two kids when I came to terms with being gay. I can't say the thought of what this guy did didn't cross my mind. Society/religious pressures on you to live a lie really messes with your head. Luckily, I got help and only walked away with a drinking problem (sober 4 years now) and a lingering inability to let people love me. What he did was wrong, but he's as much a victim as a jerk.
Neither he or you are a victim. Both of you destroyed the lives of 3 people. Both of your actions disgust me. Both of you knew you had same-sex attractions and yet you decided to get married. Once you made that commitment, you should have honored it. Believe it or not straight guys have troubles to and sometimes want to bolt as well. This isn't an issue of sexuality but lack of honor.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Are you using it to refer to his internalized homophobia? Just didn't make sense the way you used it.

What does a 'gay sexualist' do?

Sexualist - definition of Sexualist by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

"1.(Bot.) One who classifies plants by the sexual method of Linnæus."
You really must educate yourself further.

Assignment: Mr. Mattachine

Old 07-21-2013, 09:37 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Family Reels After Married Dad Vanishes for 16 Years, Reappears Gay - ABC News

This whole thing reads like an LMN drama. I feel so sorry for the wife and kids that were abandoned.
Men leave their families for a whole bunch of reasonings. Have for many many years...

Quote:
"I've never encountered somebody who has managed to disappear from their own life," said Robert Anglen, an investigative reporter for the Arizona Republic.
How old is this idiot...12?

My best friend's father was estranged from his family...Lived in another state...came home to knock up the old lady and go off to his "other life".

I love the stories of guys that go off and have two or three different families...LOL. what a dumb thread.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:38 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
You really must educate yourself further.

Assignment: Mr. Mattachine
Are you referring to Harry Hay and the Mattachine Society? Why?

What does that have to do with your label 'gay sexualist'?

You remind me of someone who uses labels like Darwinists and Evolutionists. I don't tend to peruse Creationist websites either to 'educate' myself.

Last edited by Ceist; 07-21-2013 at 09:46 AM..

Old 07-21-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
You remind me of someone who uses labels like Darwinists and Evolutionists.
Sorry your not ready for my sandbox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies