Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was 9/11 an inside job?
9/11 was an inside job planned by the Bush/Cheney Administration as a false flag mission to justify war. 66 31.58%
9/11 may not have been an "inside job", however the Bush/Cheney Administration knew about it beforehand and did nothing to prevent it. 50 23.92%
9/11 was planned and executed by Al Queda, the Bush/Cheney Administration had no part & prior knowledge of it; how dare you question our Government! 93 44.50%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 11:07 AM

571 posts, read 791,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionIMPOSSIBRU View Post
His claim is not speculation from zero evidence, but a type of reasoning called abductive reasoning, otherwise known as inference to the best explanation. Your objection to it is an unsound argument: For an explanation to be considered the best explanation,
you don't need an explanation for that explanation. Your best way to contend it is by disputing the premise. I suggest you do so.

(I also suggest you look up the definition of "gullible").
Wow, you're a windbag. I wasn't talking to you either. Your post history is a treasure trove of sub-quasi-intellectualism though. So, thanks for that.

"He should learn the basic principle in epistemology that the very act of challenging a system of non-tautological foundational beliefs means that the critic himself possesses diametrically opposed non-tautological foundational beliefs of his own."

LOL!

Old 09-22-2014, 11:09 AM

872 posts, read 1,385,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Completely false, every one of those conspiracy theories has been scientifically debunked by independent investigations
In order to use an appeal to authority in the first place, you need to demonstrate a true consensus. Absolute claims like yours are easy to dismiss: Scientists for 9/11 Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfan39126 View Post
Wow, you're a windbag. I wasn't talking to you either. Your post history is a treasure trove of sub-quasi-intellectualism though. So, thanks for that.

"He should learn the basic principle in epistemology that the very act of challenging a system of non-tautological foundational beliefs means that the critic himself possesses diametrically opposed non-tautological foundational beliefs of his own."

LOL!
So anything you don't understand is quasi-intellectualism? I guess you'll be making that accusation quite often then.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:13 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
It's fallacious to use an appeal to authority to dismiss an inductive argument.
It's fallacious to intentionally be a moron, of which you are guilty as charged

No one is appealing to authority, because as I stated INDEPENDENT scientific investigations demonstrated that the airplanes were the cause of the structural failures of towers 1 & 2 and that resulting damage & fire resulted in the failure of #7

or it is the case that in your world "authority" means: "not in the circle of crackpot internet weirdos in their 80 year old mothers' basements"?

244 posts, read 664,775 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yi7XMrlEiU

Quote:
It's actually basic epistemology - the kind of thing reasonably intelligent 19 year olds would be able to graps without any problem. As for you, well, what can I say?
"I agree, you've made your objections to Reformed Epistemology very clear indeed. Unfortunately, they amount to little more than an ongoing appeal to various iterations of Verificationism. Simply put, you are a dyed in the wool positivist/Verificationist to the degree that you are completely refractory to any correction regarding its flaws."

This is great stuff. Seriously.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
It's fallacious to intentionally be a moron, of which you are guilty as charged

No one is appealing to authority, because as I stated INDEPENDENT scientific investigations demonstrated that the airplanes were the cause of the structural failures of towers 1 & 2 and that resulting damage & fire resulted in the failure of #7

or it is the case that in your world "authority" means: "not in the circle of crackpot internet weirdos in their 80 year old mothers' basements"?
So, to summarise your comment:

1. An opening personal attack, directed against my intelligence.
2. The assertion "no one is appealing to authority".
3. Followed immediately by a textbook example of an appeal to authority.

The irony. Here is the basic definition of the appeal to authority for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

Old 09-22-2014, 11:20 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
I normally ignore these crackpots, because their victims are generally simpletons who can't think for themselves and there's generally no help for those people

There are some real doozies of crackpot conspiracy theories out there, really crazy sh*t. "New World Order" is my favorite, a significant number of people think the government wants to implant microchips in our bodies under the guise of vaccinations to control us and that those that don't get the vaccine will eventually be stopped at checkpoints and forced

People are DUMB

Old 09-22-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
So anything you don't understand is quasi-intellectualism?
I actually called your post "sub-quasi-intellectualism", that's a level below. Where as a quasi-intellectual would perhaps attempt to seem intelligent by saying something that they believe sounds intelligent, you're actually so transparently dull that you impersonate a quasi-intellectual, completely unaware of what a dope you sound like. You posting in every debate thread about religion and using words like "tautological" and "falsificationism" is a dead give away.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
"I agree, you've made your objections to Reformed Epistemology very clear indeed. Unfortunately, they amount to little more than an ongoing appeal to various iterations of Verificationism. Simply put, you are a dyed in the wool positivist/Verificationist to the degree that you are completely refractory to any correction regarding its flaws."

Because ignorance is something to be proud of?

Look at it this way: the guy I was speaking to had no formal training in the topic we were talking about, yet he understood it reasonably well. As for you, well, what can I say.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I normally ignore these crackpots, because their victims are generally simpletons who can't think for themselves and there's generally no help for those people

There are some real doozies of crackpot conspiracy theories out there, really crazy sh*t. "New World Order" is my favorite, a significant number of people think the government wants to implant microchips in our bodies under the guise of vaccinations to control us and that those that don't get the vaccine will eventually be stopped at checkpoints and forced

People are DUMB
This is what I meant about mischaracterising what the other side is saying.

Let's reiterate some basics: Most people here, who have provided input into the thread, merely have concerns with the official narrative, and would like the unaddressed questions settled. That is all they are asking for. No New World Order, no Reptilian Queen Agenda, no Bilderberg conspiracy to take over the world.

This is not a difficult concept to grasp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies