Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:18 PM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Oh please. "Race relations" didn't plummet. People have just become more open in their feelings since the election of a man of African descent in office. Look at American history. Those nasty feelings didnt simply disappear after segregation ended and reemerge out of nowhere after Obama was elected. It's just a significant part of the culture of many Americans, no matter how they may try to deny or hide it.
Personally, I could care less about a persons skin color so let's not try and paint a racism picture overtop the real issue which is he was not fit for the Presidency based on his expierience. If he had actually participated in the Senate maybe in 10-15 or 20 years. Unfortunaly, he didn't and came into office with less expeirence that probably any President in recent history.

He was put into office because of his race.. The reason he is in the position he is in today has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with inexpierience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 01:20 PM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Oh please. "Race relations" didn't plummet. People have just become more open in their feelings since the election of a man of African descent in office. Look at American history. Those nasty feelings didnt simply disappear after segregation ended and reemerge out of nowhere after Obama was elected. It's just a significant part of the culture of many Americans, no matter how they may try to deny or hide it.
Nope, he has consitantly pushed economic, social and racial division since the day he entered office. I could do a quick you tube search and come up with a boat load of speechs that reflect this..

Old 07-25-2013, 02:14 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This would be an amusing statement, if it were not so pathetic. Were you on the script writing team for Blazing Saddles? "Darkie"? Wow.... I think the OP can rest his case. For your part, anyway. This little musing has "stereotype" written all over it.

Can you actually HEAR yourself? Makes me want to consider serious dialouge.
Your post makes almost no sense.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:29 PM

798 posts, read 1,035,183 times
Hmm...seems like the media has once again succeeded in keeping this country divided. Everyone concentrates on Obama while they do their little thing in the background. You want to know why race relations in this country are down? Blame CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:30 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Personally, I could care less about a persons skin color so let's not try and paint a racism picture overtop the real issue which is he was not fit for the Presidency based on his expierience. If he had actually participated in the Senate maybe in 10-15 or 20 years. Unfortunaly, he didn't and came into office with less expeirence that probably any President in recent history.

He was put into office because of his race.. The reason he is in the position he is in today has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with inexpierience.
You don't have to like it...it has to do with American culture and is deepest among generational Americans. He was put into power because people were tired of the Republican party and fail to realize that the Democratic and Republican parties are two sides of the same coin. Sure people liked his diverse background but more than anything, they wanted a different mentality in office.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:31 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Nope, he has consitantly pushed economic, social and racial division since the day he entered office. I could do a quick you tube search and come up with a boat load of speechs that reflect this..
Ummm no. Those of you who are seeped in racial nonsense like to claim that. He simply not that different than any other America. president.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:34 PM

798 posts, read 1,035,183 times
Quote:
Waiting on the YouTube videos...I'm interested to see what you pull up, if anything.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:39 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
The racism after Obama's election is the result of angered white people who still can't believe a darkie made it into the White House. The only way they can even handle the disgrace is by calling him "mixed".

Not that it makes any difference, but he is as much white as he is black. You are free to claim him as black if it makes you feel any better.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:44 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
It is enlightening how much blacks dislike whites since Obama got in. That chip on their shoulder got larger. When white people realize that blacks hate whites then it becomes a dividing factor as the blacks keep telling whites that they are offensive to them and it is all the white's fault for slavery. Not true at all.

First time I realized there was a great gulf between blacks and whites was when OJ was pronounced Not Guilty, with two dead white people , and the blacks cheered as if it was a wonderful accomplishment. I was shocked because every group of blacks jumped up and cheered with elation. Then I knew with all that evidence showing OJ guilty at every piece of evidence presented it was blacks first and to heck with two dead people who were cut to pieces.

And yet Trayvon Martin was beating Zimmerman and act as if he is some kind of angel and never laid a hand on Zimmerman.

Check out this case. This guy was never attacked yet shot a 16 year old as he begged to live.

Jury Finds Roderick Scott Not Guilty - Rochester

Old 07-25-2013, 03:23 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:

What evidence do you have that Obama was "put into office because of his race?"

Which Presidents have had the type of experience you feel is required?

When I look at the list of recent Presidents most of them did not have lots of experience prior to becoming President.

W. Bush - No
Clinton - No
HW. Bush - Perhaps
Reagan - No
Carter - No
Ford - Yes
Nixon - No
Johnson -Yes
Kennedy - Barely
Eisenhower - No
Truman - Yes
Roosevelt - No
Hoover - No
Coolidge - No
Harding - No
Wilson - No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies