Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should FL be boycotted?
Yes 18 11.54%
No 114 73.08%
Boycott won't change anything. 24 15.38%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 07:32 AM

690 posts, read 964,113 times

Advertisements

yes give guns to erybody Florida apartment complex shooting leaves 7 dead, including gunman - CBS News
i alread kno someone gon say, guns dont kill people, and he could use a car, a bomb, a knife, etc
its much easier to kill people with guns than with anyth else...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 07:37 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
yes give guns to erybody Florida apartment complex shooting leaves 7 dead, including gunman - CBS News
i alread kno someone gon say, guns dont kill people, and he could use a car, a bomb, a knife, etc
its much easier to kill people with guns than with anyth else...
It is also much easier to defend yourself with a gun than with anything else, so what's your point?

Old 07-27-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
It is also much easier to defend yourself with a gun than with anything else, so what's your point?
when guns are this easy to obtain, this the typa madness that happens
but wait and see

Old 07-27-2013, 07:40 AM

52,691 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
esp tourism so it will hit their pockets so they learn so they repeal/change SYG
i know i aint goin to miami anymore till they do, will it help or make any difference tho?

This is an ultra conservative board so i alread know how the poll will turn out.
One day, I'll probably visit Florida. They've got nice beaches. I might go to Destin, maybe, but not Miami.

Oh, and it was still self-defense.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:40 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
LOL

I have never been to florida and have absolutely no desire to visit.
I guess a lot of people do, though. One of my friends owns a condo down there and keeps telling me I can use it, but, blech...no thanks!

"Blech"?

LOL, yeah, who likes visit white sand beaches, and have WARM, clear water to swim in?

Much better to deal with the Jersey Shore types on the Boardwalk and cold water. At least they have cleaned the needles off the beaches that I can remember from back when I was a kid living in Jersey.

Anyway, back on topic: SYG is in 25 states. George Zimmerman got off on a self-defense argument, which is in 50 states. The OP and others who call for a boycott should spend more time getting educated on a subject before calling for boycotts.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
"Blech"?

LOL, yeah, who likes visit white sand beaches, and have WARM, clear water to swim in?

Much better to deal with the Jersey Shore types on the Boardwalk and cold water. At least they have cleaned the needles off the beaches that I can remember from back when I was a kid living in Jersey.

Anyway, back on topic: SYG is in 25 states. George Zimmerman got off on a self-defense argument, which is in 50 states. The OP and others who call for a boycott should spend more time getting educated on a subject before calling for boycotts.
put that theory to rest
'Boycott Florida' isn't so simple, experts say - CNN.com
"George Zimmerman's lawyers didn't invoke Florida's "stand your ground" law in court, but it was included in the instructions to the jury that acquitted him."

Old 07-27-2013, 08:07 AM

btw, even tho the AZ boycott didnt work:
"Arizona lost at least $141 million after groups canceled their conventions there, according to estimates in the 2010 study.
But the center said the boycott did send a warning: "Other states considering immigration legislation should pause before rushing to adopt measures like (the Arizona law) S.B. 1070 and understand the potentially disastrous economic and fiscal consequences of such a decision."

i am completely against illegal immigration and borders def need to be protected better, but the AZ law was discriminatory to say the least.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:15 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
put that theory to rest
'Boycott Florida' isn't so simple, experts say - CNN.com
"George Zimmerman's lawyers didn't invoke Florida's "stand your ground" law in court, but it was included in the instructions to the jury that acquitted him."

..... and? Do you deny that 25 states in this union have SYG?

Old 07-27-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
..... and? Do you deny that 25 states in this union have SYG?
FL apparently has more problems with it than any other states

Old 07-27-2013, 08:18 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why should the SYG law be repealed?
Hazardous to a person's health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies