Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 09:05 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,522,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Io.I View Post
I'm not trying to convince anyone. It is what it is. And I'm not saying all but enough black women for it to be noticed. I think black women are more accepting when comparing to how black men deal. To deny that these things don't happen doesn't do anyone any good. When you talk about race and interracial issues are there limits. We should be patronizing black people. Is that what this thread is about. Blacks more supportive of interracial marriages. Are they?! Oh yeah the racist gene doesn't exist in black people.
Again, a loud vocal minority is still a minority. Whether they black men who trash black women or black women who hate seeing black men with non black women so much that they have to give dirty looks, they aren't common in our community. That is the black community. The community I am a part of. Why is it so hard for non blacks to exceot that they don't know everything about us?

Old 07-31-2013, 09:43 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Jungle fever. A really bad case.
Like I've said....

I've been around that block a few times...when it came time to pull a keeper, it didn't come from the "jungle".

There's a reason for that too.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Handz likes slummin'. LMAO..
Hmmmm....

OR some black chicks just like to step it up

Old 07-31-2013, 09:48 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Like I've said....

I've been around that block a few times...when it came time to pull a keeper, it didn't come from the "jungle".

There's a reason for that too.
There sure is, but not the one you think.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
There sure is, but not the one you think.
Oh no, definitely the reason I think. I guarantee you that.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:20 AM

121 posts, read 142,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
Again, a loud vocal minority is still a minority. Whether they black men who trash black women or black women who hate seeing black men with non black women so much that they have to give dirty looks, they aren't common in our community. That is the black community. The community I am a part of. Why is it so hard for non blacks to exceot that they don't know everything about us?
I think maybe a decade ago, some black women were a bit vocal about IR with black males and non black females, but now, more and more black women are dating out too, or very much interested in dating out.

I was surprised to find out that former Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, is dating a black American woman.

http://www.beyondblackwhite.com/rich-powerful-man-grabs-sistah-former-chicago-mayor-richard-daleys-main-squeeze/

Also, Melody Hobson (African American investment banker) became Melody Lucas after marrying George Lucas (creator of star wars).

I guess more and more black women are saying, if you can't beat them, join them. The thing is, black women are snatching up some very rich and powerful white guys. I think in another decade or so, there will be greater numbers of black women dating IR.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish643 View Post
I think maybe a decade ago, some black women were a bit vocal about IR with black males and non black females, but now, more and more black women are dating out too, or very much interested in dating out.

I was surprised to find out that former Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, is dating a black American woman.

http://www.beyondblackwhite.com/rich-powerful-man-grabs-sistah-former-chicago-mayor-richard-daleys-main-squeeze/

Also, Melody Hobson (African American investment banker) became Melody Lucas after marrying George Lucas (creator of star wars).

I guess more and more black women are saying, if you can't beat them, join them. The thing is, black women are snatching up some very rich and powerful white guys. I think in another decade or so, there will be greater numbers of black women dating IR.
"The thing is"??

What is the thing?

I'm failing to see how this has anything to do with your premise LOL

Old 07-31-2013, 11:48 AM

121 posts, read 142,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
"The thing is"??

What is the thing?

I'm failing to see how this has anything to do with your premise LOL
"The thing is," ----------is an expression.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:51 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
there are white racists as well as black racists, and to me, a thread of this kind keeps racists alive and kicking...
there is nothing wrong with inter racial marriages....
and is up to the two who are planning on marrying....and none of our business....period.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish643 View Post
"The thing is," ----------is an expression.
I'm still struggling to understand how it ties in to your post...in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.