Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 06:31 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times

Advertisements

This "battle of the sexes" is just so pointless.

Men who do not respect their mothers, sisters, aunts, or grandmothers will NEVER be fully capable of respecting their wives or daughters.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:49 PM

445 posts, read 865,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
This is one of the few times I partially agree with you lol.

I always thought it was fascinating that the discussion of why black men and white women date another always appears to be dominated by the voices of black women and white men--the two who are generally against these types of relationships from their respective races. If you notice, both black men and white women who do date interracially tend to be absent altogether in these threads.

It's actually entertaining to sit back and observe the actual science and anecdotes that come up on here.
When there is a discussion of why black women and white men date (or don't date), there are a lot of black males giving their opinion. I think generally it's mostly white women absent from these black/white dating threads. It doesn't really affect them either way. It's a small percentage dating black guys and most have no problems dating "their own".

Old 07-31-2013, 07:15 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,522,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Io.I View Post
You've missed my point completely. This has never been a discussion about me and you. You must not be getting some to inject this into the conversation. Take your coffee however you want but to make a bold statement of it signifies too much. The black men have left the building and your still holding on. The proliferation of black chicks with your attitude have pretty much made your other options scarce.

Daughters of the Dust:
I'm the native american on the horse scooping up a fine black woman. You are one of the crusty ones left behind with the rest.

You intended to turn this conversation into something else didn't you. Someone here posted that this thread has turned into lonely black women and their relationship issues. I can see this now.

"Now BK workers is too damn rude. I think I'll go get me some chinese food. Yeah a hookah hooka hookie I can't be your lover"
lol. my black man of 12 years is still very much in the building. I'm so glad you care about my wellbeing and that of other black women. You seem so passionate.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:19 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,014,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
When there is a discussion of why black women and white men date (or don't date), there are a lot of black males giving their opinion. I think generally it's mostly white women absent from these black/white dating threads. It doesn't really affect them either way. It's a small percentage dating black guys and most have no problems dating "their own".
Disagree, there's few black men if any who care enough to discuss it on this board (I can personally can only recall one or two at best)-- otherwise the discussion is dominated by black women on the board with additional follow up imput by white males. This seems to be true on the Internet and media outlets in general ( magazines, talk shows, books, movies etc).

Old 07-31-2013, 07:21 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
It is always so very odd when someone who vehemently professes their disdain of a certain group always has the name of that group in their mind and on their lips. So very odd.
Who exactly have I "professed disdain" for? Propagandists?

Old 07-31-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
This "battle of the sexes" is just so pointless.

Men who do not respect their mothers, sisters, aunts, or grandmothers will NEVER be fully capable of respecting their wives or daughters.
This is always the biggest failure of an analogy....

Old 07-31-2013, 07:26 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,522,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Disagree, there's few black men if any who care enough to discuss it on this board (I can personally can only recall one or two at best)-- otherwise the discussion is dominated by black women on the board with additional follow up imput by white males. This seems to be true on the Internet and media outlets in general ( magazines, talk shows, books, movies etc).
not on this forum, but all over the internet you can easily find ir dating black men who love to put down black women. you almost never see white women getting into the mix. most white women do not date black men, so that's probably why. anyways, this thread wasn't supposed to be specifically about ir relationships between bm/ww, it's about attitudes about ir dating period.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:35 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
This is always the biggest failure of an analogy....
Actually, it is spot on

Old 07-31-2013, 07:38 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
People usually settle for less than what they want and need. If you are sincerely attracted to a person of another race and want to be with them- don't deny yourself and settle for less in the same race. Go for what is best for you. If a woman is beautiful and bright...or a man intelligent and handsome- go for it- the opportunity may not present itself again. A few years ago I attended a party and there was this very beautiful young black woman- and actor and a great singer...I really enjoyed her company...but I dared not approach her...because I was older.

Much later I ran into her - she was with a friend and introduced me...she commented about me to her friend "We almost had an affair" - I had no idea that she would even consider me..but the opportunity was gone.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Actually, it is spot on
Do men have sex with their mothers or cheat on their mothers? Do they make lifelong vows to their mothers? Can a mother use the force of the state to financially ruin her son?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies