Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 09:14 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,828,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Let's check what the authoritative Department of State (the agency that actually issues the visas) states:

Don't quote me since it's been a while since I've got my B-2 visa as a tourist, but in application and during the interview in American embassy there were specific questions regarding your trip (why are you going? for how long? what are you planning to do? where to stay? and so on) and anything related to medical treatmenta had another set of documents and requirements like described here:
Visitor Visas - Business and Pleasure
Even though visa type is the same, B-2, it's still have different requirements.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:24 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,828,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
No, not 100%. All the ones I know do not go on Medicaid but just want a better future for their kids. They pay out of pocket for medical expenses but I do not consider them "wealthy" per say. They are middle class who save up. They do not "abuse" the welfare system as you are implying 100% of them do.

Most Asians have a very strong sense of worth ethic and a very strong belief in "saving face". Being seen as "poor" (i.e. getting welfare) is losing face. I'm not saying it doesn't happen (working the system) or that there aren't lazy Asians; I'm just saying that is the general culture.

Until Congress makes changes to the law and/or the U.S. becomes less attractive for foreigners, birth tourism will continue.
well, I have another inside info since I am fluent in language they are communicating to each other and can read and understand the info they are sharing and promoting (what to do and where to go and what to say (lie) to get something free illigaly). Sure they have money to pay for their medical expenses, but they don't do it if they can get everything for free.
And this is only a part of the problem. These people are going home and will be back later. They will apply for gov. aid programs in the future and taxpayers will be covering there bills...

Old 07-31-2013, 09:28 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,286,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He fails to note that the 14th states AND subject to our jurisdiction.
which was explained in Wong Kim Ark. Not our fault you and your fellow birther can't understand it.

Quote:
The AND part is the qualifier for birthright citizenship. Illegal aliens and their offspring born on our soil are not under our full jurisdiction or allegiance.
according to Wong Kim Ark, they are.

Wong Kim Ark is the bane of birthers.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You do realize that your quotes of those court cases state exactly what I claimed, they are protected by 5th, 6th, and 14th protections clauses.

:rolle yes:

Goes to show that you don't understand what you are talking about and never read the cases. The courts ruled that they have the same protections under the US Constitution, despite being here illegally. Not that certain "amendments" protect them.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:10 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,859,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Looks like more and more women are coming to the US to give birth to their kids. Their reason is US citizenship for their kids and for them at some point in future.
They are coming from all over the place. Some are paying for delivery and some not. 100% of them are getting Medicaid for their kids at birth and claiming their kids are Americans and can use that program... But to get to the US for delivery from China, Russia, Ukrain, Philippines, Japen, Korea means these people are wealthy. Florida and New York are very popular, but California is one of the most popular states for deliveries...
I am just wondering why it still happening on regular basis and why we are paying taxes to cover these expenses...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
well, I have another inside info since I am fluent in language they are communicating to each other and can read and understand the info they are sharing and promoting (what to do and where to go and what to say (lie) to get something free illigaly). Sure they have money to pay for their medical expenses, but they don't do it if they can get everything for free.
And this is only a part of the problem. These people are going home and will be back later. They will apply for gov. aid programs in the future and taxpayers will be covering there bills...
If it is sourced from so many countries, what language are we talking about?...

Old 07-31-2013, 10:15 AM

63,233 posts, read 29,351,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If one is born in the U.S. a foreign citizen, they are not under the jurisdiction of the U.S. They are under the jurisdiction of the foreign country. Pretty simple.

Gray went a little further in Wong Kim Ark and included those born in the U.S. to parents who were already permanently domiciled in the U.S. as U.S. citizens. Birth tourists who are in the country temporarily have clearly not established a permanent domicile.

According to both the 14th Amendment AND the Wong Kim Ark ruling birth tourists' babies, though born in the U.S., are not U.S. citizens. They are born subject to a foreign country's jurisdiction and their parents fail the established permanent domicile condition.
The same goes for illegal alien parents and their offspring born on our soil. Only in this case illegals don't even have permission to be here in the first place.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The same goes for illegal alien parents and their offspring born on our soil. Only in this case illegals don't even have permission to be here in the first place.
and there goes Informed consent showing yet again that she has no clue what "subject to jurisdiction" means.

and you base your post on this known false premise.

on US Soil = subject to jurisdiction (only two exemptions exist : Prisoner of War and Ambassadors)

Old 07-31-2013, 10:28 AM

89,391 posts, read 45,120,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
and there goes Informed consent showing yet again that she has no clue what "subject to jurisdiction" means.
US. Secretaries of State do. I've posted their citizenship determinations. Clearly, those born in the U.S. to an alien parent are subject to a foreign power.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:34 AM

63,233 posts, read 29,351,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
US. Secretaries of State do. I've posted their citizenship determinations. Clearly, those born in the U.S. to an alien parent are subject to a foreign power.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:38 AM

89,391 posts, read 45,120,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
IC , your stance has been dealt with and destroyed by Historian Dude
I've never once seen HistorianDude destroy U.S. Sectretaries of State. All I've seen is HistorianDude hysterically bluster, blather, and utterly FAIL to prove the U.S. Secretaries of State citizenship decisions false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies